Please put your post in the correct forum.
Today we had to move over 150 posts manually.  We do feel the forum structure is logical and the section names are clear. As redirecting posts pollute the forum a lot we will not add them anymore. So if you are unable to find your post, look for it in the most logical forum section.

Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

10 minutes ago, planespotterhd said:

My dream has come true. Thanks for the EFB. I hope youll update the A318-A321 soon.

But one more question: Can you calculate the V-Speeds and can you take a look at the Charts?

EFB Features:

Charts (our Lufthansa charts and Navigraph)

Calculations (take-off etc)

Checklists

Flows

EFF

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, francis16 said:

Hi @DaveCT2003

Thanks for replying. But will the jettison tube on the wing will be modeled? 

thanks, 

francis

As far as we know those are not on most A330. Our information is that they can't jettison fuel but are able to land with a near full fuel load.

49 minutes ago, 747-400fan said:

Also, will we get called on the intercom before landing for example? It's normal ops and i find it to be very immersive

Normal ops where? You mean as an airline option?

1 hour ago, Frank Docter said:

Normal ops where? You mean as an airline option?

I thought crew had to advise the cockpit before landing that everyone was ready. I know that "Cabin crew, take your seats" on the PA is a standard thing but i thought answering also was.

55 minutes ago, 747-400fan said:

I thought crew had to advise the cockpit before landing that everyone was ready

No interphone calls , no interruptions are allowed at this time because you are in sterile cockpit, instead the cabin crew press a button sending a " CABIN READY " message to your ECAM MEMO , and this is it.

33 minutes ago, Polo said:

No interphone calls , no interruptions are allowed at this time because you are in sterile cockpit, instead the cabin crew press a button sending a " CABIN READY " message to your ECAM MEMO , and this is it.

aw right, guess i was wrong. If so then, will we get a call saying "i have a drink for you" on the intercom before opening the door? IDK if it's real procedure to just let crew come in when they "knock" at the cockpit door

54 minutes ago, 747-400fan said:

IDK if it's real procedure to just let crew come in when they "knock" at the cockpit door

Not sure about others but I would certainly be fired if I do ;)

I don't think it is a good idea to model realistic procedures here, it would give away too much. It's easy enough for people with bad intentions to find information on the cockpit door etc already. No need to tell them about the next barriers as well.

With this in mind I am glad that most developers actually simulate the door mechanisms incorrectly by the way. ;)

1 hour ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Not sure about others but I would certainly be fired if I do ;)

I don't think it is a good idea to model realistic procedures here, it would give away too much. It's easy enough for people with bad intentions to find information on the cockpit door etc already. No need to tell them about the next barriers as well.

With this in mind I am glad that most developers actually simulate the door mechanisms incorrectly by the way. ;)

I Know some of it is a secret but there are some actual CBT footage for example that barely tell the way it goes. We're not asking to model the dialogue or the specific procedure of the real thing (which i already know BTW) , but rather getting a call, like "hey captain, i have some coffee can i go in?". Just as simple like that. I mean it's common sense. You don't open your house door if someone rings your bell without advising/telling who he is. 

Explain me, how can a switch telling someones calling you from outside the flight deck be a secret if about everyone on this forum knows it exists because you already modelled it in the radio panel and info about the way it works is available on the internet already, even a competitor i won't name already introduced some of its functionality for entertainment purposes?

Gents, let's close this topic, things will stay as they are in our 320 series.  It's hard enough to complete this project.

• Upvote 5

14 hours ago, 747-400fan said:

I thought ideas were welcome. No offense though;)

On topic (Aerosoft A330) ideas and questions not previously answered are always welcome. Off topic ideas are welcome in the appropriate forum section ;)

• Like 1

Back to topic, ist there to get a new video in the next days ? :)

Sorry but no, we are fighting with the newest compilers from Lockheed at the moment.

How are you guys getting on? Have you made any progress on the Landing gear?

• Upvote 1

We are still battling with the latest compilers from Lockheed (and in daily contact with them about the current issues).  VERY frustrating to be honest.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VAFPilot said:

I purchased the A32X Pro series awhile back for P3Dv4 and it collected a little dust as I was flying Boeing aircraft. However, I recently got bored and decided to pull the Airbus (A318-321) out of the virtual hangar and I’m thoroughly enjoying it. Maybe to the point of flying Airbus exclusively.

I wanted everyone at Aerosoft to know how much I’ve come to appreciate this series of aircraft and as a new fan I am REALLY looking forward to the A330. I’m assuming/hoping the landing gear is the only remaining issue and that we will see the A330 very soon. I would love to have a long haul Airbus. 

Thank you!

I know exactly what you mean!  I used to fly Boeing exclusively, but these days it's the Aerosoft Airbus Pro, especially sharing the aircraft via Connected Flight Deck (which is only Beta at the moment, but a new update to bring it to the late Beta stages is in the works for customers).

Then of course is the A330, which adds long haul and crew changes via Connected Flight Deck.  Exciting times!

Anyway, thanks for sharing your thoughts!

• Like 2

Question.... As I explained our EFB is basically a browser that can display almost anything your standard browser can show. 

Now clearly some data will HAVE to come from servers (like weather information, charts NavDataPro and Navigraph charts, PMDG Global Flight Operations, OnAir connections etc), but other files can be stored locally or on a external server. Having them on a server means we can adapt them at any time, thus making sure they are always the best possible version. But we know some people do not like that. 

Any comment is appreciated.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Question.... As I explained our EFB is basically a browser that can display almost anything your standard browser can show. 

Now clearly some data will HAVE to come from servers (like weather information, charts NavDataPro and Navigraph charts, PMDG Global Flight Operations, OnAir connections etc), but other files can be stored locally or on a external server. Having them on a server means we can adapt them at any time, thus making sure they are always the best possible version. But we know some people do not like that. 

Which kind of files are we talking about? Stuff like manuals, checklists, etc.? Those I'd rather have offline as I could change them to my liking.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

It's the way the flight simulation is going, and indeed the entire world.  Roll with it!

14 minutes ago, Airbus Fan said:

In my opinion it is important that there is the possibility to access locally stored files - e.g. by creating a folder that can be used for that (and ideally it should be possible to create subfolders as well). As long as this is possible, it would be perfect to keep default-documents such as manuals up to date which means that they should be located on a server. 

Indeed, I don't know which files exactly Mathijs is referencing for the server, but at least we should be able to store flightplans offline and load them into the EFB. Same for user made checklists.

Okay. I see the points raised, well keep the flows and checklists local for sure. Of course flightplans etc will always be local, our products never upload anything (with the exception of Connected Flight Deck obviously).

image.png

• Like 1

The texturing is not fully rendered here but somebody asked about sunshades....

2019-9-12_22-2-34-104.jpg

• Like 10
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ozgulkagan said:

If you can make it optional via the configurator, it can work in 3 modes

1. online only (blank screen / error screen on EFB if servers are not reachable)

2. offline only (only show from downloaded local copy)

3. hybrid. Online when available, offline if online is not reachable (In this mode, any document accessed online can be stored / updated in the local copy).

I would vote for option 3 with all my hands.

I believe this is an excellent idea.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2019 at 2:44 PM, ozgulkagan said:

If you can make it optional via the configurator, it can work in 3 modes

1. online only (blank screen / error screen on EFB if servers are not reachable)

2. offline only (only show from downloaded local copy)

3. hybrid. Online when available, offline if online is not reachable (In this mode, any document accessed online can be stored / updated in the local copy).

I would vote for option 3 with all my hands.

But why would 2 be an option? if you do not have any connection it will just show a 404 error.

3 is technically not allowed as charts etc have to be checked with the license on every use.

20 minutes ago, asmus03 said:

You were talking a lot about wether the Bus will be released for FSX or not. How about Xplane?

We have no plans for that. BTW with the new FS on the way it is safe to say a 32 bit version has gone out of the window.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

But if you talked about online browser does it means it's like the FFa320 where you can browse anywhere?? I didn't get that info sorry. I Expect the ability to read PDFs and maybe HTMLs like with the PMDG EFB of the 748. I hope we can access let's say the sky vector site for US charts for example.  BTW does it take any additional FPS/performance off what the sim actually uses??

Cheers AS, previews are MAD! If you ever make an A340-300, i'll be your first buyer NO MATTER WHAT. (Oh and BTW will we get the option for different announcements soundpacks that could be linked to livery X via the livery manager or having a menu in the config app??)  In the smaller bus i've had enough of the same girl, but if i have to run an installer every time before flying it might be a pain in the back if you fly with many different liveries in a week.