Recently we have seen a lot of codes used to unlock our products being offered for discounted prices. Almost all of them are bought using stolen credit cards. These codes will all be blocked by our systems and you will have to try to get your money back from the seller, we are unable to assist in these matters. Do be very careful when you see a deal that is almost too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true.

Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

Also do not forget that around the time the A350 was introduced IRL Airbus started to outfit the other, newly delivered, models with brighter LED beacon lights etc. I have not seen any A333 yet that have these new lights (does not mean they do not exist).

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Also keep in mind  that how lights are shown in the sim is highly depending on the graphics card and sim graphics settings (and to a modest degree on graphics card drivers).  Exactly where lights are shown is hugely complex. The materials in the sim are a bit whacky and often you have to add invisible elements that block lights. As these have a ompact on FPS we might not always include them.

What I will do is ask our advisory pilots to have a look at it again and tell me if there is anything they feel should be changed.  They see these lights all the time and should be able to tell us.

11 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Also keep in mind  that how lights are shown in the sim is highly depending on the graphics card and sim graphics settings (and to a modest degree on graphics card drivers).  Exactly where lights are shown is hugely complex. The materials in the sim are a bit whacky and often you have to add invisible elements that block lights. As these have a ompact on FPS we might not always include them.

What I will do is ask our advisory pilots to have a look at it again and tell me if there is anything they feel should be changed.  They see these lights all the time and should be able to tell us.

Just replying to this one, despite not being one of the advisory pilots for the Airbus. I fly a direct competitor to the A320 though ;)

To be fair: I have no clue what the navlights, strobe lights, etc. look like on the ground.

There are two main reasons for that:

1) On the ramp when doing the walkaround check it is always so bright that no kind of reflections of the lights whatsoever is visible, even when walking directly under the wing.

When looking out on the ground with the strobes on they reflect so bright that for a short moment simply everything becomes bright white while they are lit. No idea where that starts or ends. It's just too bright for my eyes being used to darkness. Keep in mind our cockpit lights are almost completly dimmed down before taxi to adjust our eyes to the darkness outside.

2) I never get to see them. I know what the taxilights, turnoff lights and landing lights look like because I see those all the time. Did I mention already that they look different on every single aircraft? Even on two aircraft which were build within two weeks of each other they look different and that is already three weeks after they went into service.
Why is this? Dirt on the glass, differnet sets of LEDs used, age of the lamps, etc.

In my opinion there is no right or wrong here, whether they are a bit brighter, reflect a bit further, etc.

The only thing I can really not stand is those really large areas lit up by the navlights in some other addons. It might look like that on a camera with the exposure turned up, but not in real life as seen by the human eye.

As said, I never saw the nav light reflections on my aircraft yet when looking out from the flightdeck.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

As said, I never saw the nav light reflections on my aircraft yet when looking out from the flightdeck.

I know and I wish we could remove them. But when we do many customers will point it out as a missing feature that other add-ons have. Many parts of add-ons are more what people expect then reality. The more complex the add-on the more this seems to be the case. From ridiculously floppy wings to hearing flaps engines on the flight deck. it's like the F-16 sound set that customers insisted had to sound loud and aggressive even though the pilot with his massive helmet hardly hears the engine.

Any chance you would share the list of liveries it will come with? 

2 hours ago, SWOOS said:

Yes, but the question is what kind of simulation do you want to develop?

An Aircraft/Flight Simulator with all features and sound settings aswell, or a pilot simulation? For a pilot you don't need to point out externel model features e.g. which pilots never see during a flight.

But I guess it shouldn't be a passenger simulator too!

I think it is clear that all our airbus projects are fully designed around the work of the pilot and the aircraft is the tool not the goal in that. That means we do not really care about things hat have simply never happened in the real aircraft and spend a lot of time on immersion and realism  in work flow (for example Connected Flight Deck is absolutely vital in that because flying an airliner on your own can hardly be called realistic). It's called Flight Simulator and not Aircraft Simulator. In other terms, we simulate what a standard pilot encounters in real aircraft, not what he has to deal with in simulation training sessions. If you feel you should be able to train in flight APU fires (never happened on an airbus) with your co-pilot incapacitated I think there are better products.  I prefer to do a complex landing on Heathrow while sharing my workload with a friend.  Our complete Airbus product line was based on what pilots told us they do for their work. That's why we got so many of them assisting us.

Personally I do not believe that including and external model is in contradiction to that idea.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Personally I do not believe that including and external model is in contradiction to that idea.

You do a walkaround after all before every single flight!

• Like 2

Btw, we can use a few more testers in our second tier test group (those are people who get access to all new files, but not all our ideas). At this moment we need serious simmers who have knowledge of A320/A330 systems and characteristics. Professional crew is always very welcome. As we use Skype you will need a Skype account as well.

If you want to help and are really serious ( a good forum reputation helps a lot!) drop me a mail at Mathijs.kok@aerosoft.com. If you hear nothing, you are not picked. 

7 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

You do a walkaround after all before every single flight!

I never found a good way of simulation that in the sim... Are there any add-ons that do that?

26 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I never found a good way of simulation that in the sim... Are there any add-ons that do that?

In the past it worked somewhat with EZDOK, never tried it with Chaseplane though.

Maybe the Avatar mode can help here, I never really started to fiddle with it and get the grips with the avatar.

Vor 1 Stunde, Emanuel Hagen sagte:

In the past it worked somewhat with EZDOK, never tried it with Chaseplane though.

Maybe the Avatar mode can help here, I never really started to fiddle with it and get the grips with the avatar.

The Avatar mode usually works fine. The only problem is the invisible hitboxes of the plane which keep you from getting under the plane.

12 minutes ago, SirGreenLemon said:

The Avatar mode usually works fine. The only problem is the invisible hitboxes of the plane which keep you from getting under the plane.

Yeah, but the issue is that if you ask the user to check something that simply never will show a problem it becomes rather pointless.

I have no experience with the new airbus PRO version, however in the previous version ( 32-bit ) , you could remove the parking brake simply by pressing  the brakes on the pedals, this is unquestionably unrealistic and often undesirable.

I hope this, if still, is corrected in the A330.

2 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Chaseplane has this feature designed in.  I've never used it, but it was designed in as a feature.  Avatar mode is something else I've never used, but given what it's for I believe it would do just fine.

21 minutes ago, Philipp Helmut said:

Comes the A330 also for FSX or only for P3D?

Read here (last Q&A). It's not been decided.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi,

I got a question : Will the GPU be modeled ? For looking from the outside I mean...

Also, will it be GSX ready ?

thanks !

Yes and yes. We are close to updating the A320 range for the update of GSX2 and all that work will go to all our busses, from the A318 to the A330.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, EZY 2892 said:

have you had a look at BBS Airbus sounds? 

definitely no need to look at others ;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, luke123452468 said:

That seems to happen in every aircraft in P3D, I doubt they're going to find a workaround.

A clear sign of P3D's roots in Microsoft logic which was basically Boeing logic. In Boeings pressing the brake pedals is the way to release the parking brake.

We'll see if something  can be done here, but it has quite a low priority.

On 7/4/2019 at 11:00 AM, Polo said:

I have no experience with the new airbus PRO version, however in the previous version ( 32-bit ) , you could remove the parking brake simply by pressing  the brakes on the pedals, this is unquestionably unrealistic and often undesirable.

I hope this, if still, is corrected in the A330.

4 hours ago, luke123452468 said:

That seems to happen in every aircraft in P3D, I doubt they're going to find a workaround.

Well, on Boeing 737 you press the brakes for removing the parking brakes and you also need to press the brakes for putting the parking brakes on. On Airbus I don't think they do that, but that problem is the same for default aircraft since FSX. Xplane doesn't do that (At least on some aircraft). Aerofly I don't know.

On 7/6/2019 at 4:12 AM, EZY 2892 said:

Hi i have just watched your stream for the A330, i don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but will the A330 engine sounds be updated, they sound just like a A320.

the A330 engines have a distinct sound and tone compared to the other Airbuses, have you had a look at BBS Airbus sounds? 

Hello EZY 2892,

Thank you very much for being excited about the A330!  A great many people through the flight sim community are excited about this project!

But please remember that the video I created was of the project in the beta stage, with some parts in Alpha.  I had hoped I did enough to remind people in the forum post for the video, text at the top middle in the video, and I'm pretty sure I said several times during in the video that the A330 was in beta with some parts of the project still being completed.

The two reasons I created the video was to give people a look at this terrific aircraft and more importantly for people to judge for themselves how far long the A330 was in development because a few people had made comments in this forum that they believed the A330 would not be released until well into 2020 (I think one person said late in 2020).

The A330 shown in the video is a work in progress, and it's common during development to use parts (example: Sound) from other similar projects while we wait for the actual files to be completed. Doing this allows us to better test the overall software instead of waiting for everything to be complete as this would cause significant delays. One should simply never judge a book while it's being written, unless they are the author.

Since I used the world "release" above, I'll provide a friendly reminder to everyone to please keep in mind that we don't answer questions about release dates/time frames and any such posts are deleted.

My very best wishes!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mace_RB said:

One of these days I am going to try to use FSUIPC and remapping to see if I can't get rid of that behavior.  I have never tried, but maybe some of you have.   As was said, I don't think this is an Aerosoft problem, I think it has happened to me on other aircraft.

Emi is correct, the parking brakes being tied to the pedals is indeed part of P3D, just as it was for FSX.

Best wishes!

5 hours ago, Nyxx said:

The Bus can be programmed so the brakes have no effect on the Parking brake.

This is correct, because in the case of FSL A320 it works properly. The intention is not to compare the products but to point out that if possible on both simulators.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Polo said:

This is correct, because in the case of FSL A320 it works properly. The intention is not to compare the products but to point out that if possible on both simulators.

The problem with changing these things is that hardware that has functions that controle these things only know the default options of the sim unless there are specific drivers etc. That's why we will default to standard sim options if there is no very important reason to change it. Now I did check but in our database there is simply not a single customer who asked for this in the last 8 years until this week. I will keep it in mind though.

1 hour ago, BBoyJD10 said:

Looks the same as any other pbr aircraft 

Okay, if you think so that's fine.

• Upvote 1

Good to see progress continuing on the a330. It is looking really nice.