Recently we have seen a lot of codes used to unlock our products being offered for discounted prices. Almost all of them are bought using stolen credit cards. These codes will all be blocked by our systems and you will have to try to get your money back from the seller, we are unable to assist in these matters. Do be very careful when you see a deal that is almost too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true.

Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

11 hours ago, AirFlow99 said:

Seems like there are still many people who uses FSX and would love to have the 330 on there, including myself. I think people have bought so many add-ons for FSX they just dont wanna leave it, so in my opinion it would be definitely worth to make it for the good old FSX, it would keep the flight sim community tight. 

Well, we have 11 here on the forum expressing that. But we need around 5000 more and seeing the sales in our shop and our market research it looks like it will be very hard to find those.

The decision has not been made, I just stated that it is swinging towards being not financially feasible.

• Upvote 2

We have spend massive time on these animations so I think you will like them.  For example we just completed the wing bending. Complex code that not only looks at G as almost all devs do but also the amount of fuel in the wing etc. 90% of people will never see details like that....
No preview for the sound yet, will be soon.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

The plane looks amazing! Quick question though, will the exterior textures be in 4k? Can't wait for the plane to be released :)

6 minutes ago, Pao13 said:

Look nice thank you.  Can you  confirm the auto throttle is still in WIP right ?

Everything is WIP ;)

1 hour ago, maesi0783 said:

Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren

ich möchte sie nur Fragen ob sie einen Zeitrahmen der Veröffentlichung  Gibt (Sommer, Herbst oder Winter ) oder sogar erst 2020

mit freundlichen grüssen

Most certainly this year.

I have got a question regarding the braking distance of the A330. Often the braking distances (xplane 11 A330) seem to be a bit short. Did you succeed in creating realistic braking distances taking into account the weather ect…? I mean all those people working for aerosoft are brilliant and I know to appreciate their great work, but as I already mentioned before...sometimes it seems to be a bit unrealistic at least to me.

4 hours ago, captainmirza14 said:

I was kinda late for watching the live stream (my apologies, was busy was some stuff :p), but I wanted to ask wether the ND mode, range switches and terrain switches independent or are they linked together?

Once again sorry for asking this late.

They are already independent.

Best wishes!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, FSA4703 said:

Considering some Chinese flight simulator pilots have the same question, I wonder whether the control of the Aerosoft A330 will have some improvements compare with the exaggerated and unreal delay of the side-stick control in the Aerosoft A320.

I am unaware of any such issue, and our real world Airbus pilots haven't mentioned anything.

Hardware inputs to the flight sim can be different from system to system for a great many different reasons.  I don't notice anything amiss with a Saitek Yoke, Honeycomb Yoke, or CH Products Fighter Stick.

On 6/24/2019 at 8:05 AM, FSA4703 said:

Considering some Chinese flight simulator pilots have the same question, I wonder whether the control of the Aerosoft A330 will have some improvements compare with the exaggerated and unreal delay of the side-stick control in the Aerosoft A320.

If you can ask these people to contact out support we'll gladly look at this issue. Such a thing has never been reported to us as far as I can see in our support systems. I also simply can't see any such effect in the test we done.  Even is we slow down the sim to 1/16 speed we are unable to detect any delay. It's also hard to see where that could be because the input from the OS joystick ports to the sim to the aircraft, there are no buffers anywhere. In fact it would be damn hard to buffer those!

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, SAS_pilot101 said:

Is there any completed livery-list for the A330, or can we at least get to know the current ones on the list?😁

There is no completed list as of now, Lufthansa, Virgin and Cathay Dragon have been confirmed though.
Right now there are still many paints to be completed so we can not tell you exactly what will be in the final release yet.
There is a dedicated thread with wishlists for repaints in our forums, if you search for it you can post there and request whatever you like. Please run a quick search through the thread before posting though as chances are that your particular paintwish has already been requested by someone else. In that case simply upvote it to show you'd also like that paint.

Hi

Just a quick question about the paintkit. Will the paintkit be released with the aircraft or shortly after/before?

Keep up the good work can't wait for it :D

Just a question:

Didn't the A330 feature BTV autobrakes like the a380? Wonder if that's simulated.

Also, how are FPS looking?

Let's hope this time the FA will call to give us a food tray :-p

2 hours ago, 747-400fan said:

Just a question:

Didn't the A330 feature BTV

As far as I'm aware no maybe the neo might

1 hour ago, jeancarlo903 said:

Will be release the A330 With The Cargo version (F) ?

No, initial release will be A330-300 with RR engines.

More might be done later. But the decision will be done in future.

At this moment we have no plans for the A340 because it is simply not a popular aircraft. We are looking at the A350, but it is a very different aircraft and far more complex then the ones we are doing now. Keep in mind that the amount of code needed for the simulated version is in relation to what is used in the real one. And the A350 has close to three times the amount of code as a 737 Max.  So we are talking about a 3 year project. Commercially complex, expensive aircraft are at this moment not very attractive. It's simply very hard to many money on them and the risks are high.

I can't name names, but I know of two high end aircraft projects that we closed last year before they were even announced.  Only after many tens of thousands of euro's/dollars were invested. The numbers simply did not match up.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Hey! Just another quick question. I noticed when watching your guys' A320 professional products I see when landing, you hear the retard callout while the GPWS is calling 20 at the same time. Will this small bug be fixed in the A330 at time of release? I know I know it's a small thing but was just curious ;)

Brian

19 minutes ago, asturias said:

Thinking that the 330/340 are the same performance but a cost of saving 25% of fuel

They have by far not the same performance.

Maybe a similar range, speeds and cruise levels, but that is about it. Believe me, we do not say they are totally different aircrafts just because we don't want to make the A340. We believe the A340 is a very nice aircraft and personally I would love to have one on my sim. But economically it's just not worth it.

• Like 1

Six months ago, I did a cleanup of this thread to delete the repetitive wing flex/release date/32 bit version/OT/livery and so forth questions. I see it's time for another one. On January 1, I noted  about 70% of the posts (based on pages reduced during that clean-up) were of the noted "clutter." Going forward, and in alignment with Mathijs' statement about strict(er) moderation following the temporary closure for comments on this thread, I've again pruned such clutter as well as questions that have been overcome by events. Doing so should make it easier for regular as well as new readers to more quickly learn about earlier design and strategic decisions along with updates without using the search tool or paging back.

Aerosoft staff and moderators work hard to keep all the Aerosoft forum topics open and friendly. The community in the vast majority of cases offer questions and comments that sustain that. While we all appreciate the positive comments that accompany information updates (like a recent video of the beta), such comments have less relevance over time and so I've hidden those as well. Please take that as not a mark of disrespect or lack of appreciation. Each one means a lot to the person you're thanking. For that reason, we typically leave them up for about a month so their glow can continue for a while.

Staff and moderators deeply appreciate the support the community has shown in the A330. One simple measure of that is we can see there are 43 pages total of comments in this thread, mostly helpful and few not. That you see less simply means there are that fewer pages worth of really lasting value and useful contribution.

Thank you for your overall support and excitement about this aircraft.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 7

12 hours ago, yann971 said:

Hi, (I warn I’m french for my english)

I would like to know if PW engines are planned too

It would be nice to use a330-300 of Delta, American, Air Caraïbes...

I don’t want to discover these airlines with RR engines for -300 series

The inicial release will include only RR engines.

Hi, just a couple of questions about the visuals on the external model;

Will the appearance of the external lights (beacon/strobe/nav) be improved before release? They look to be very similar to the one's shown on the A318/19/20/21 which reminded me of how lights looked back in fs2004 instead of more 'HD' looking lights that would make it look great (check the QW BAe146 or 787 aircraft lighting if I don't make any sense).  

And, will PBR texturing be added too? 

Keep up the great work as always :) 

Aaron

A few weeks back I was in a hotel that had a view over the tarmac and spend some time comparing the lights from the window to the sim. I think we are pretty close there. I fully agree that other companies have more, let say, spectaculair lights, but these simply are not mere real in my opinion.  I feel a lot of devs try to mimic how the lights look on pictures and on YouTube, but as we all know you need very professional equipment to make a night scene well recorded. Almost always the lights are too bright and the darkness to dark as camera's are by far not as adaptable as your eyes are.

All new models are designed with PBR from the ground up, not added later as additional bitmap layers.  You will notice that difference.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

A few weeks back I was in a hotel that had a view over the tarmac and spend some time comparing the lights from the window to the sim. I think we are pretty close there. I fully agree that other companies have more, let say, spectaculair lights, but these simply are not mere real in my opinion.  I feel a lot of devs try to mimic how the lights look on pictures and on YouTube, but as we all know you need very professional equipment to make a night scene well recorded. Almost always the lights are too bright and the darkness to dark as camera's are by far not as adaptable as your eyes are.

All new models are designed with PBR from the ground up, not added later as additional bitmap layers.  You will notice that difference.

I think the timing of the strobe and beacon lights are great with the light splash onto the ground and engines also looking great. It's more the actual appearance of the lights that are too big in the sim. This is particularly evident with the wing strobe and nav lights that shouldn't be seen on the wing when viewing the aircraft from behind (something the PMDG 777 has also done wrong). I also think the beacon light has a 'washed out' feel that is more noticeable during the day instead of a more intense red colour that is seen in real life. While I realise these are minor details, I think these subtle changes could really make this product outstanding. 

Great news also regarding PBR usage! :) 

I would imagine, that lights (or light sources) are extremely hard (if not impossible) to get correct in all situations and conditions. Sometimes a light source (or flash as it is in this instance), is a small dot. In other conditions (for instance at night and/or in cloudy or low visibility) the light source and flash, appears different. 

Given the variance in atmospheric and ambient conditions (some of which, isn't properly simulated in the sim) I think the lighting effects are quite nice and is a fair compromise.

Just my opinion, of course... :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3