Recently we have seen a lot of codes used to unlock our products being offered for discounted prices. Almost all of them are bought using stolen credit cards. These codes will all be blocked by our systems and you will have to try to get your money back from the seller, we are unable to assist in these matters. Do be very careful when you see a deal that is almost too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true.

Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

6 minutes ago, Frank Docter said:

Will it have wingflex?

Yes. We have solid data on how much the tips move under what G force.  Won't impress some people as it is a Airbus wing and they are pretty stiff and almost all YT vids show as much movement in the camera as in the wingtips (camera goes down, wingtip goes up and before you know it it looks like the wingtip moved meters).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Frank Docter said:

But isn‘t flex also influenced by the lift vector?

Of course, and we'll even take the amount of fuel in the tanks in account.  We decided not to mimic the effects of temperature though. Got to draw a line somewhere.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2018 at 3:52 PM, Dean_johnston said:

The A330 has a lot of wing flex , not stiff like the A320 family . Here a image I thought from the cockpit , look at the wing lol , with the wing be able to be seen from the cockpit like this ? .. Even as a plane spotter its clearly evident theres a descent amount of wing flex and as a pax'S View at any stage in flight .Saying that ''Won't impress some people as it is a Airbus wing and they are pretty stiff and almost all YT vids show as much movement in the camera as in the wingtips (camera goes down, wingtip goes up and before you know it it looks like the wingtip moved meters).'' which is False because the vertical movement of the camera doesnt affect on show the wingtip has moved meters.Just please do the wing flex right , anyone with common sense can tell that the 330 wing has far better wing flex than the 320 Family regardless of camera at any stage in flight. If the camera moves down the person will have a reaction to recorrect its position of which you can easily compare before and after the vertical movement as the camera would be back in its original position and a GOPRO stuck the window does not have the effect of the vertical movement so I think you should rethink about the whole wingflex if that your approach. I may seem as If I am coming across a bit aggressive but I feel that that statement is nonsense. I have been on a 330 over 25 times in the past 5 years and I disagree with your statements about the 330 having a 'stiff' wing. 

I would nearly think that the 330/340 wing has the greatest wing flex out of all the airbus aircraft besides the 350

I hope my comment remains here as I am free to speak about a product that in development on a forum. Hopefully my criticism can be taken positively into the product.

The A330 got is correct wingflex. The people before were only joking...

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, andysimulatorgamer said:

Will the A330 be released for fsx as fsx doesn’t have a good one and I can’t afford p3d right now. 

We have not decided. It's a limited market though.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Dean_johnston said:

.Saying that ''Won't impress some people 

I stated that because when talking to other developers we learn that customers expect a lot more when it is done realistic. We have discussed this many many time and i believe everything has been said about it. We'll try to do it realistically and that might not match the customers expectations. We have the correct data and will implement that.

Can I suggest we drop the wing flex topic now?

• Upvote 4

36 minutes ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

Flappy wings not appeared a single time before your post Frank. You mean people over-exaggerate their idea of wingflex?

The wingflex discussion is one that frequently pops up here in the forums. Almost everytime I read a response from Mathijs it has to do with some camera up and down movement because the aircraft (point of view) moves up and down. This is for me the flappy wing concept. The wing will IRL have a certain up/down movement range which can be best seen from observing the wingtip. This movement is induced by bumps on the taxiway or turbulent air (g load) when airborne. 

Wingflex for me is (mainly) the bending of the wing upwards when it is producing lift. IMO this is also what most of the users mean when talking about wingflex. You see it on almost every RW picture of airliners inflight. Wingflex is real and some aircraft have more of it than others. On the A320fam it is less pronounced than the A330. The 747 has a very pronounced wingflex when observing the wingtip during the take off roll for example. 

I know that the AS A330 will have wingflex and it looks good. It is just that AS has a very controversial reputation when it comes to „wingflex“ so I understand the repeated questions here. 

Ps, now you can use mathematical formulas and the law of Newton for your reply Stefan. ;)

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, spreilly said:

What variants of the A330 will we see? -200, -300, both? I might've missed it lol

Yes you did. A330-300 RR. That is it. Nothing more, nothing less. (For now)

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Dean_johnston said:

Ok sounds good , question : Will the end of the wing be able to be seen from the cockpit like the picture I posted above 

Sure, the A318/319 also got this treatment. 

18 minutes ago, JP said:

And prediction for A330 (32bits)? :mellow:

On the last topic for previews, it says that they'll take in consideration of a bersion of 32 bit...

"

• Decisions on updates of the 32 bit version has not been taken. We feel that the models we know have are highly competitive in their price range and downloads for the 32 bit platform have tanked totally. When we get to that moment in time we'll look at it again. Please do not ask about this right now as I am not going to say anything else then that we'll look at it after point 5." 

Q: could it be released at the end of the year?

A: We hope so.

Q: Will it include the freighter version ?

A: Not planned yet.

Q: which liveries is it going to have

A: As modeler/texturer i will create 4 different base liveries, the repainters can base on as reference.

Currently we have the now already vintage DragonAir Livery (changed in winter 2017), for sure a Lufthansa and a VirginAtlantic livery. The fourth is undecided yet.

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, TheEliteAviator said:

Nice! Can you pls also make the smaller busses have wingflex too

Nope, we looked it this 5 times but it makes no sense. And please do not restart that discussion. It would be the ninth time. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ScubaSteve said:

Don't forget your North American customers. ;)

We won't. There is no final list of liveries at this moment and there will be none until late in the project.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, commandantyuuki said:

Just to be sure are you a Airbus official Licensed product ?

If not I would still thinks it is one...

Discussions are in progress but it is not easy.

1 minute ago, AdrienAFR003 said:

Will aerosoft release the 330 for FSX and Prepar3d or just a professional one exclusively for Prepar3d v4 ?

The answer is just one page back ;) 

1 minute ago, AdrienAFR003 said:

If I want to change my simulator and go for Prepar3d v4, which licence should I buy ? (Academic, Professional ?)

This is not a question for this preview topic. Please open your own topic or do a quick forum search as this has been discussed a lot of times already in the past.

• Upvote 1

On 8/1/2018 at 3:35 PM, commandantyuuki said:

And I'll like to know if it will be a study-level where we need to read all the documentation or it is just like some systems are simulated and other not.

I'm really trying to get the aircraft, I am very interested and I want to be ready to fly as soon I get the aircraft, so I need to be prepared...

tanks

Aerosoft's approach to modeling airliners is to replicate to a high degree the every-day operations of line flight crews. Things, especially emergencies, that only occur in training aren't supported. That means system behavior emphasizes normal ops only, and abnormals/emergencies may not necessarily have realistic system indications and performance. As noted in other posts, "study level" is a vague term, so I've answered this way instead of "No" to better answer the question.

That said, as with any add-on, you should always read the manual. Saves frustration on your end and responding to support questions on the forum by pointing to the page in the manual.

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, Malcomx said:

I hope to include some Asian Liveries in the initial package such as Philippines/Cathay Pacific/Air China... Since they are not much considerable and preferable by painters and they are really hard to find. 

nothing is gonna make me happier than seeing Philippines Airline Livery with the Initial Package. :)

If they haven't been added yet, you should add them to the available wishlist:

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Hightower said:

This is part of the reason why PMDG costs so much, to pay for their official licenses with Boeing apart from being great model simulations. 

Boeing licenses are very reasonable, just as most others. It's not really something you will immediately see in the sales price.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jammin16 said:

As far as I can see and understand, is the first A330 an A330-300? 

Would you consider making an A330-200 and predictable engine to the A330?

And do you have any plans to make the A340-300 in the future???:huh:

No plans for a 340 and we have not decided on any follow up for the current 330.

44 minutes ago, james_12345 said:

slight topic change, any chance of an efb ?

No

44 minutes ago, james_12345 said:

does the a330 have moving maps like the 787

No

• Upvote 2

After the now announced projects we simply have no fixed plans. It will be Christmas before we got all busses as we want then for commercial and professional customers.  As you know we do not close projects fast. 

• Upvote 1

The NEO question has been answered several times. The necessary technical and performance data isn't currently available to produce realistic performance and behavior. Aerosoft won't guess or approximate it just to fill a demand.

• Upvote 1

On 8/1/2018 at 6:19 AM, Dean_johnston said:

Ok sounds good , question : Will the end of the wing be able to be seen from the cockpit like the picture I posted above 

I've always wondered (I'm being serious).. What is the importance- or the need- to be able to see the wings from the cockpit. I remember a few years ago there was a major "fight"  at Avsim about needing to see the wings from the cockpit. I never understood. 

• Upvote 1