Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

We are doing the standard A330-300, not the Enhanced. None of the airlines we referenced during our research had the airport map installed in their aircraft.

7 hours ago, CaneAE said:

will you do other variations of the A330 after you have released the A330-300 and are happy with it?

As far as I understand (and you can search the forums for the correct/more precise answers) the current position is basically:

Nothing's been decided. No use crossing that bridge, until (or unless) they come to it.

any chance that you guys will give us a glimpse of preview of the Trent 700 howl?

before the release?

• Upvote 1

To keep this thread as relevant and current as possible, it's time for some pruning, which we do occasionally to keep the thread concise. Messages more than two weeks old that are simple comments, messages that ask about release date, or messages that are later answered with a quote of the original message will be hidden from all but the moderators. That should reduce the page count considerably for new or occasional posters. If your message is one hidden and you're convinced it doesn't fit the above criteria, just post again. As always, PLEASE NO QUESTIONS ABOUT RELEASE DATE OR PRICE. When they're known, Mathijs will post about it.

Edit: See Mathijs' comments below for info on 32 bit versions (FSX/FSX:SE/P3Dv3). It's the latest. Further questions on these versions will also be removed from view.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, pepi√Īo said:

so.. it gonna come out for fsx? please reply with yes or no

Sorry, I am unable to answer yes or no. It all depends on how the market is at the moment we can work on it.

• Upvote 2

Mathijs, totally fair answer and yes the fact that your are actually communicating is better than a zero comment route. It would appear that this particular product is awaited by many. You will know the commerciality of the product but I must confess that I am surprised that the team size is so small ? Does it simply not make sense to ramp up the team size ? Is it really so difficult to make money from this market ? (You can see I know little about the business, despite being responsible for a gaming development cluster) I ask as I am professionally inquisitive and have resources available in the sector.

• Upvote 1

Carl, Mathijs didn't mention the number of people not working full time on the A330 but split their work over several projects. Don't mistake the number of 4 to be the total number of people working in the Airbus. And also you seem to have overlooked his first sentence. With 40 projects running simultaneously you can't throw all your resources onto just one project. 4 FTEs are actually a large number in this respect. And as I said, they are by far not alone, its just that the others are not FTEs.

• Upvote 4

It is a fine balance between the team size and being profitable, more people reduce the production time but, in my experience, not productivity. And the margins are slim indeed. The average sales price of our busses is around 29 euro's (plus VAT when applicable) because of the low costs updates, VA discounts etc that we offer. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Bhyzog said:

Hi,

Sorry if this already been asked on the forum or has been already said but is the a330 in beta testing or not?

anyways thanks

Yes, but that means very little as the complete bus series has been in a continuous state of testing since 2012. 

10 minutes ago, ols500 said:

Is the FMC the same in the A330 as the A320 etc?

No FMC in Airbuses, but the MCDU and FMGS are either the same or very similar.  You won't have any issues if you're already proficient with the MCDU/FMGS in the Bus.

If interested, please see the following post:

Best wishes!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Thomas Hao said:

Do you guys have any news about A330?

We still have people on a well deserved vacation, so the entire team won't be back until January 14th and of course we need to give them time to get back up to speed on things.  With that, I wouldn't look for a substantial informational update until sometime after mid-January.  But one never knows when Mathijs will jump in and share some info!

I hope this helps!

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Lennart1948 said:

Uhh what happened ?

some 25 pages were deleted?

Last Wednesday I posted about a clean-up. All the old "Is it ready yet?", "How about FSX?" and "Can't wait" and repeated sort of posts were hidden not deleted. That way, moderators can unhide them if need be, and the clutter is greatly reduced leaving useful content.

Since there are 35 pages in the unhidden view moderators have, you can see that 25/35 pages or over 70% of the posts were not really useful or on-topic.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Lennart1948 said:

Oh didn't read about that part. 

But what is to be said against a cleanup¬†ūüėÜ

Fair question. Keeping things on point is one of the things moderators are asked to do. I was still typing when you asked, but as you see, over 70% of the content didn't add value or raise questions that can be answered at present.

Also, there were several earlier moderator warnings about deleting off-topic posts or extended comments after an issue was closed. Clean-up is nothing new.

That is an ‚Äúofficial‚Ä̬†video that was posted by a betatester. It was made many moons ago when P3D V3 32bit was cutting edge.

It does not represent the AS A330 in it’s current state but please do not expect any new videos soon. If we have anything to show we would ofcourse do it in an heartbeat. 

• Upvote 1