Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

2 hours ago, zhensanmao said:

I am not sure where this link is. I have found a lot of places and I have not found this subcategories

In addition to Tom's instructions with pictures showing you where to go on this site, if you're still struggling to find what you're looking for...you can do a Google® search.

Try typing "Aerosoft repaints" as see what you come up with. ;)  The top hit was the correct one when I tried it....and took less than .38 seconds (It took me longer to open the page and type in the search)

SbhLIs.jpg

I remember in 7th grade I had to do a report on the sulton of butan...I had to go to the library, break out the Encyclopedia Britannica, etc.  Took me HOURS and hours to find a few tidbits of info on the subject. As you can see below, I got six million, four hundred and thirty thousand results on the subject in a half a second. 

LrxjS7.jpg

I even spelled Sultan and Bhutan wrong above (on purpose) just to point out that I didn't even have to know how to spell it and this wonderful machine in front of me instantly knew what I was looking for....and didn't even make me break out a paper dictionary to get the proper spelling (anyone remember those?)

Anyway.....just trying to point out that Google search is your friend when looking for anything if you don't like to explore within the vendor's website specifically,  and it is uncanny how fast and accurate it can be.  Yeah....it might take you a few MINUTES to find exactly what you're looking for on a slow day...but imagine if you had to go to a library to find the same info like my example? :)

Here.....I can even give you a one-click solution if you're in a hurry and seconds count:

Click here to get the Google search for Aerosoft repaints

Amazing technology.

This whole post took less time to compose than it took me to ride my bike to the library that day looking for info on the Sultan. :lol:  Perspective.

2 hours ago, joed26 said:

please make this work for p3d v3.3+ I can't buy a new system yet so my pc can only run p3d v3

It's been asked and answered several times, as recently as last Friday by Mathijs (take a look). No decision on any 32 bit version and the decision whatever it is will be some time after release. 

On 11/12/2018 at 4:29 AM, joed26 said:

please make this work for p3d v3.3+ I can't buy a new system yet so my pc can only run p3d v3

If you can run P3D 3.3 you can run Prepar3D 4.3. 

vor 4 Stunden , CaptainLHKLM sagte:

Are the wing sounds going to be external perspective sounds or can they be the interior sounds?

On 13.8.2018 at 20:03, Mathijs Kok sagte:

We do not like wing views a lot because we simulate the job of the pilot and not the passenger, but exactly what internal sounds you want to hear? The sound a passenger hears? Is there any add-on that does that seriously?

So I think we wont get that feature unfortunately :unsure:

1 hour ago, swaor said:

So I think we wont get that feature unfortunately :unsure:

Insofar as the question goes, the sounds for the A330 will likely be the same as the A318/A319/A320/A321.  I'm not saying the same sounds, what I mean is the type of sounds.  This is what Mathijs answered back about 1.5 years ago and I've seen nothing that makes be believe there has been a change.

Thanks for the question though!

Best wishes my friends.

15 hours ago, CaptainLHKLM said:

Are the wing sounds going to be external perspective sounds or can they be the interior sounds?

What are 'wingsounds'?

17 minutes ago, ozgulkagan said:

Sounds heard, when in Wing View (Passenger view?)

For ex. PMDG aircraft has some feature, when in wing view, sound effects are somewhat like the ones heard as a passenger i a real plane.

If you ask me, I don't want a passenger simulation :funkychick_s:

Our aim with the A330 will, just like with the A320, be to simulate the aircraft from the pilots day to day life perspective.

3 hours ago, LauritzU said:

i hope this dream will become reality

All 5 of your posts in our forums are asking about or stating how much you'd like the Airbus Pro re-produced for FSX.  There is no need for you to make such posts as I promise you we have not forgotten.

What you need to understand is that this boils down to a FINANCIAL decision.  No developer wants to loose money on a product, and customs don't want to see Aerosoft loose money because if we can't pay our bills and employees, we go out of business.  That should be pretty easy to understand.

After we have completed the Airbus Pro Series and have Service Pack 1 complete and bug free, we will then make a FINANCIAL assessment to see if it is profitable (really it's based on not loosing money) for us to re-write most of the code to be compatible with FSX.  We won't even look at this until after the all the Airbus Pro aircraft are completed, and you really need to understand why.  It's because every single week we see more and more people move from FSX to P3D or Xplane, and that's on top of all the people who already have moved to P3D.  We don't make people move to P3D, so that's just not on our shoulders.

Something else you need to understand is that IF the Airbus Pro is reproduced for FSX, a lot of the features found in the P3D version simply won't exist in the FSX version because FSX doesn't have those capabilities.  Moreover, you'll most certainly have more Out of Memory Crashes due to the enhanced graphics, so we'd have to reduce the quality there as well.

We absolutely want to provide products that our customers want, it's why we exist!  But if the number of FSX users continue to decline as it already has, you simply can't blame Aerosoft for not undertaking a project in which we will loose money.

If you REALLY want the Airbus Pro released for FSX, then the only thing I can think of is for you to start convincing people to leave P3D for FSX, or you could personally fund the development of the Airbus Pro for FSX (we'd almost certainly do it for sure then).  I'm serious!  But since neither or those are likely to happen, my PERSONAL opinion is that we will never see the Airbus Pro reproduced for FSX.  That said, Aerosoft will make a professional marketing assessment when the Pro Versions are complete, and then we'll know for sure.

Best wishes.

On 11/15/2018 at 12:19 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Indeed, I am not a fan of adding this. We much rather focus on the flight deck.

Just recalling previous Friday updates; if the focus is on the flight deck, why were there screenshots of the extremely in-depth modelling of the inside of the cargo bays and doors? I understand you want everything detailed, but it's much better to not waste performance on small things. 

The outside model and the systems/AP are done by different devs. Meaning the work one dev is doing does not take away resources from the project as an whole. 

As the 3d outside model does not cost any performance while being in the VC your point is irrelevant. And as you might have noticed 3d models will cause almost no FPS loss when viewed from the outside. 

All in all we have a win win situation here. 

8 hours ago, luke123452468 said:

Just recalling previous Friday updates; if the focus is on the flight deck, why were there screenshots of the extremely in-depth modelling of the inside of the cargo bays and doors? I understand you want everything detailed, but it's much better to not waste performance on small things. 

As these are not loaded when you are in the VC they shouldn't affect FPS a lot. They are done in such detail because we need to do so for a professional spin-off from this project.

18 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Hey Trevor,

I'm afraid I don't understand, your asking about an external shadow model for the internal Virtual Cockpit?

Can you explain a little better please?

See the shadow of the plane from the vc, instead of the shadow of the vc model as is the case with some addons. 

At least I think that is what Trevor means.

We are currently planning all our projects. A lot has to be taken into account. The new P3D 4.4 options we fully want to use, three professional projects, one project for you guys we have not shown yet. It all correlates and has to be merged.

What I want to make clear most of all is that everything that is done for the A320 range is part of the A330 product. From the new climb profiles that are a seriously big deal (nobody matches that) to how we are working with PMDG to include their Global Flight Operations. Always keep in mind these Airbus projects are never intended to be short-term projects to us. They have always been projects that are aimed at the professional market (we are extremely happy with the new contracts to major film and game studios and are VERY sorry we can't tell you about them, but just check when you see an Airbus in a 2019 game or video) just as for the hobby and educational market.  

Check this image. There is over 100 hours of hard work in that. Aks other companies to show the same.

.Corrected CLB PERF A319-112 CFM REV 941.png

14 hours ago, Nicrative said:

Interesting graph Mathijs. At least it shows that some progress has been made.

Can you confirm that the data measured from the real world and data on your simulation all have the same environmental conditions as well? I am just curious as this is very important to know how comparable the data is to each other.

The real world data was taken from the FCOM PERF CLB tables at ISA conditions.

If you set in the sim default weather “clear sky”, you get these conditions.

Here is an extract how such a flight has to be performed:

8C94A5DB-30F2-4FB5-9B71-0F149865C4C3.jpeg

15 minutes ago, captainmirza14 said:

Will you guys be adding like the -neo models like the -800 and -900 with the engine variant? (Trent 7000)???

Sorry, there are no current plans for this. The changes necessary for that are pretty large that the work may not fit into the product pricing. But you never know what the future holds.

7 hours ago, commandantyuuki said:

Hi,

I was just looking an old topic (2016 preview of A318/319/320/321/330) and I read by hazard that they have the idea of an EFB... Is the idea still on or it's now dismiss ?

tanks

It was indeed considered but when we did a poll here in the forums to check for customers interest the majority voted against an EFB.

28 minutes ago, Viperlead said:

Not really harsh for me. what else would you use it for??? again my personal opinion. Not trying to put my thoughts in everyone's mind. PMDG can say as many reasons as they see fit and its ok, but i have hundreds of hours in 744 without the EFB, and i did perfectly fine. I found very difficult to use charts in it. easier for me to use navcharts in my ipad or 2nd screen.

I'd agree with you there. I found an EFB inside the VC to be more of a distraction than actually  be useful. Besides the viewing mechanics in FSX/P3D is so restricted and cumbersome, that it takes to much time and attention to use it effectively.

But that's just my own opinion...

Sorry for off-topic.