Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

1 hour ago, Trevor Graupeter said:

Will there be any video preview soon? I can't wait to hear the engines! :D 

There will be some videos during the beta testing I guess but at the moment we are not yet beta flying the A330. 

On top of what Stefan said already, keep in mind another little detail: The quality of the final visuals does not depend on texture size at all.

It depends on how much area you cover with a certain texture file. If you cover a small area with a 1024 texture it can look a lot better than covering a large area with a 4096 texture.

Did you know for example that PMDG uses mostly 1024 textures in their cockpits? Just take a look at their files in paint.net or phonoshop. Yet their aircraft look amazingly stunning!

And on the other hands side I have seen other developers using 4096 textures whose aircraft look quite blurry if you go close up.

It all comes down to what the texture artist does with the files, not to what resolution he uses.

• Upvote 1

Vor 1 Stunde, Yapke sagte:

Sorry for any confusion Mathijs... 😕

I sertainly didn't doubt that those preview of the Lufthansa and Virgin Atlantic liveries didn't matched with the real ones… I'm sertainly sure your develompent team knows what their doing! 🙂

I was just wondering if it was possible for other liveries. 😕

Just because I used to fly with the Wilco Publishing versions and was very disappointed that WP didn't configured the winglets correctly.  I used to fly with their Brussel Airlines liveries, and they weren't able to place the logo on to the winglets because of the poor winglet programming.  I noticed that when I thought they only forgot, and tried to place them by myself… very frustrating and disappointing 😞

I hope I didn't say anything wrong... 😕

PS.: Sorry to mention an other development team... but I'm only using it to proof your team is able to do better than Wilco used to at some point. 😉

Greetings, Yapke

Hi Yapke!

I dont´t know where your doubts come from, but of course the winglets are in hires and they are not simply mirrored. Each side can be painted independent and that will be shown also in the next friday update presenting the final coloring of the VirginAtlantic livery. This livery got, different than the blank Lufhansa ones, painted winglets with the airlines logo on it.

We have also decided now which livery comes next: CathayPacific.

• Upvote 3

Sorry if this has been asked before,

But I am just wondering if the A330 will come with Automatic Step Climb, like in other long haul planes released for P3D.

This would allow us to cheat and set up a flight plan before going and doing something else!!

Thanks for all the work you are all doing! :) 

• Upvote 2

My Friends,

Would you kindly stop asking about release dates and read the Boss' recent post on the subject?  Saves us a lot of time (whgich we should spend working on the project) and aggravation generated by these questions.  People even Private Message me these questions!

When we know, you'll know.  If you don't want to check the forum here, then just sign up for the Aerosoft Newletter on the Aerosoft Store website (everyone should do this anyway, so not to miss any sales!).

Many thanks for understanding.

• Upvote 4

No need to start a new topic, there is already a wishlist 😉 

A regular "repaint request" topic will only make sense after the release, when the painkit is available and repainters can actually work on their own liveries.

6 hours ago, luke123452468 said:

Why doesn't Aerosoft do something similar to the PMDG Operations Centre, where you can pick and choose the liveries you want to download from a large variety of them? 

And what would be the difference between getting liveries through a download center or a download page??? 

You know of course that there are 1.600+ liveries for the Airbuses ready to download from the download page here in the forum, right? 

OK, Mathijs made it already clear, that there won't be any changes in the way Aerosoft is doing their own liveries and also giving the community a place where repainters can share their fantastic work and make it easily accessible to everyone. 

And this concludes the livery discussion. Follow up post will be removed. 

• Upvote 3

Friends,

As a friendly reminder, please don't ask for release dates (no matter how it's worded).  When we know, you'll know.  Posts asking for release dates will simply be removed.

For those who don't understand our policy, please read the post linked below.

Best wishes!

• Upvote 2

On 11/7/2018 at 10:02 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

image.png

Apart from the PMDG 737 I know of no other add-on aircraft with that many liveries available. The main reason we do not include many liveries is that in increases the download size a lot and that a Canadian buyer most likely has no use for a Uzbekistan Airways livery (and  vice versa)

I am not sure where this link is. I have found a lot of places and I have not found this subcategories

• Downvote 1