Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

The NEO question has been answered several times. The necessary technical and performance data isn't currently available to produce realistic performance and behavior. Aerosoft won't guess or approximate it just to fill a demand.

• Upvote 1

On 8/1/2018 at 6:19 AM, Dean_johnston said:

Ok sounds good , question : Will the end of the wing be able to be seen from the cockpit like the picture I posted above 

I've always wondered (I'm being serious).. What is the importance- or the need- to be able to see the wings from the cockpit. I remember a few years ago there was a major "fight"  at Avsim about needing to see the wings from the cockpit. I never understood. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, olibarke said:

Particularly disappointing the lack of commitment to producing variants of the A330.

What is wrong with a statement like this?

On 4/18/2016 at 1:11 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

We start with the A333 with RR engines but we might expand, nothing decided yet though, a full coverage of all possible models is not our goal

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, olibarke said:

I mean, I don't really understand this argument.

We are talking sims here. 

also VITAL when taxying around an airport in such a large jet.

„Vital“ is in the eye of the beholder. Imagine how I feel in an A346. ;)

Considering systems and functionalities, can we expect the same level of detail as in the 318/319? I suppose the mayor systems needed are simulated. However I would like to know if the aircraft is still able to run on batteries only. In real its only possible to use the aircraft when it is powered by extermnal power or the apu, batteries dont really give you anything to work with.

The A330 wil be modeled with the same system depth as the A320 family. 

I do not follow your battery statement. The battery will do what it does in RL (if you follow SOPs), just as we modeled in the A320 Prof series. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Frank Docter said:

„Vital“ is in the eye of the beholder. Imagine how I feel in an A346

"Frankly" speaking, imagine how the A346 feels with you "pre-flighting" her all the time. Running your hands along her fuselage, poking this, tugging on that, even a kick now and again - then spending most of your time looking at her wings hour after hour, especially when you think she can't see you?  ;)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, 747-400fan said:

-and also, will we get an actual fms unlike the A320 to control ground parameters?(I think a 2D popup is quite old-fashioned IMO)

The third MCDU on the pedestal will be used for this. (Among other things, think tier one)

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, imemyself said:

I don't think I've seen this posted before - what weight variant will be modeled?

Past quote from Mathijs:

"We start with the A333 with RR engines but we might expand, nothing decided yet though, a full coverage of all possible models is not our goal."

Best wishes.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Evilpig12 said:

Hello! I would like to know if the A330 professional will gonna have more engine types. Which engine types will be available at start and can we expect a cargo version of the A330?

Please read through this topic, and you will find all relevant information to answer your question.

On 8/2/2018 at 12:38 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

No plans for a 340 and we have not decided on any follow up for the current 330.

What about the A350 with its amazing spaceship cockpit, Is that something you might consider instead of the 340

1 minute ago, Ahmed Maalej said:

What do you mean by the term "information" ??????. 

Technical information, specifications and stuff...

And more specifically information that is NOT available without violating rules and regulations.

This concludes this discussions, back the 330.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Trevor Graupeter said:

I'm assuming there will be a shared cockpit feature in the A330 aswell. How much people can connect to the flightdeck 2 or 3 ? Regards.

Yes. 3 active people and an unlimited number of spectators. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, europe.au said:

The A330 will get the coffee, phone, and papers too right? :P 

Yes. 

No, we really focus with these products on the task of the pilots, not the flight attendants.

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, MatthewS said:

Yes exactly... and especially when Mathias says in the original post "You can see what the advantage of doing an aircraft directly for 64 bits is, If we would work with a 32 bit model we would never dream of this level of detail ".

Once they commit to supporting 32bit they will "never dream" of what might have been possible if they had committed to 64bit only.

The conversation might go like this...

Dev A: Let's add this cool feature X but it's 64bit only... (eg thinking of something like PMDG's 64bit only "Rainmaker")

Dev B: Nice feature BUT we have to support 32bit also.

Dev A: Oh yeah, forget it then.

Guys,

This conversation really goes nowhere as it's based purely on the presumption that Aerosoft neither understands the market (what people want, etc.) or how to create excellent addon aircraft.

I'm going to give you guys one example, and then let's shelve this entire conversation.

Leonardo recently released the Maddog X for FSX, P3DV3 and P3DV4.  Each version has it's own software and different capabilities, and the 64-bit version did not lack for anything because we did a not one, but two 32-bit versions.

Aerosoft is a leading developer in the flight sim world, and deals with many professional clients as well.  If we decide to produce a 32-bit version of the A330, then the 64-bit version won't be affected.

Best wishes.

• Upvote 4

On 8/8/2018 at 8:41 AM, Rocksen said:

They finish the 64-bit version first and then they modify the 32-bit one to fit the respective sim. No-one in their right mind would not make use of the 64bit advantage.

Indeed, for sure no 32 bit versions will be released in 2018, so I suggest to close this topic until Jan1st 2019

1 minute ago, KIE said:

Uhm I think a Quantas Livery in the final product is not an impossible thing, but I so no reason for a collection of Quantas Liverys as this would take too much time and "hobby-painters" can add those as an additional download afterward.

We will have a Quantas livery in the release.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Trevor11350 said:

Aerosoft please can you do the sounds as good possible because the Trent engines are the best sounding in the world

Trevor,

At Aerosoft, we always do things "as good as possible".  No need to ask that question my friend!

Best wishes.

• Upvote 2