Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

I hope that the new A330, when it is put on sale, does not have the problems that so far has the A318-319-320-321, and that previously passed through many BETATESTER and that via Rearpanel all the tests have been and have.

If in a month following the release of the A330, I do not read failures (some must have, but I hope they are insignificant and do not affect the flight) reported by many users, I will be one of those who acquire it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

25 minutes ago, Miguel_V said:

I hope that the new A330, when it is put on sale, does not have the problems that so far has the A318-319-320-321, and that previously passed through many BETATESTER and that via Rearpanel all the tests have been and have.

If in a month following the release of the A330, I do not read failures (some must have, but I hope they are insignificant and do not affect the flight) reported by many users, I will be one of those who acquire it.

Well, nobody can say you're not consistent my friend.

• Upvote 2

Mathijs, Thanks for the update and your thoughts. I love your 'Friday evening' chats as we get to understand the current thinking of Aerosoft projects and priorities. It is refreshing to see such openness.

Thanks for the update.

Since you mentioned the idea of a fixed SP1 is gone, maybe it's time to update something in "What's not available, what's wrong?" topic.

• Upvote 1

Do you have in mind some program like the PMDG Ops Center that will download and install the updates? I mean, instead of having to download installers every time from the website, since you mentioned a more steady flow of updates to the family. In addition, is it planned to add the cargo doors hydraulics sound to the A330 and the A320 family? Cheers!

2 hours ago, Gantalyetos said:

Do you have in mind some program like the PMDG Ops Center that will download and install the updates? I mean, instead of having to download installers every time from the website, since you mentioned a more steady flow of updates to the family. 

There is already an Aerosoft Updater. As far as I know, it only supports more recent products, but the A320 family is included, as well as the CRJ and DC-8.

Peter

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

It is a long time since I written one of my Friday evening chats where I try to explain what is happening with our projects while drinking a glass of wine.  [...]

Mathijs, thanks for a frank and reasonable update. What is, I hope, very re-assuring for you guys is that there is demand for the A330, lots of interest from folk keen to get there hands on a bigger bus, that allows those who simply want to fly (The whole captain experience, rather than being some kind of technical 'meddler' tweaking tomatoes and adjusting the finer details) - the is in my very humble opinion what and how your products position themselves. So I declare myself as a buyer, when its ready and stable enough for me to get my Kick.

To further open this up, for me and me only, the real differentiation is the function of the selectable actions of the co-pilot, giving the option for the user (me) to decide, do I want to click the switches through checklists or simply 'outsource' these clicks to my co-pilot. This functionality is utterly spot on for me.That is why I love AS A3xxx so much and I am so excited about the possibility to fly Long Haul (318 KJFK to London City excepted) and something a bit bigger !

So my question, do you see enhancement to this functionality ? Do you see some increased possibility to rely upon the co-pilot, is there anything else that the co-pilot does in real life that is not done in the AS bus ? Perhaps in the loading of the route or in the INIT/flight plan input or handling ATC ? (real life pilots may be able to shed light on an amateur, home user...(sorry  Lockheed, for me its a combination of learning & leisure)

One other question, perhaps a little stupid as it is purely an immersion question and potentially laughable to some, I don'k know... when I select co-pilot ON and he or she starts running through the checklist for me...the seat next to me is still empty. Can co-pilot be modelled based on selected or not?

(and if anyone accuses me of asking a completely stupid request, I will cry and consider my self being bullied by overly technical and serious people)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Hi Mathjis, I have some questions regarding this project and your statement about the progress. Where can I best contact you to ask these questions?

17 minutes ago, Davetunes said:

Hi Mathjis, I have some questions regarding this project and your statement about the progress. Where can I best contact you to ask these questions?

Me and just do so here.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Me and just do so here.

Great, my questions are the questions that have now been re-instated written by Calum above. Thanks!