Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

46 minutes ago, Budlake said:

I do not understand why the development of a 32bit A330 is potentially far too expensive  

Other 3D models because of the lack of PBR, no animations/objects in the VC, no truelight and glass. These are just a few examples that show how much a difference P3D v4 already makes when compared with 32 bit. All this, and more, must be rewritten/left out and that costs manpower/money. 

• Upvote 2

It will stay as long in Beta until all planned/decided features have been realized and all major bugs are being resolved and the project manager decides that the product is RTM.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Budlake said:

It is Mathijs's post to which you referred that drew me to the conclusion that there will NOT be an A330 for FSX.

You can draw all the conclusions you want but in the end, the decision will be made by me based on a spreadsheet when the time is ripe. I suggest laying this to rest as there is nothing sensible to be said about this anymore.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, maesi0783 said:

how long will he stey A330 in the Beta??

I understand you like a release date but I am simply not able to give that at this moment.  The whole team is currently busy closing the known issues on the A320 series and most of that code is already prepared for the A330 (it's basically only config files that are different). At the same time modeling has to be completed and the Connected Flight Desk system has to be implemented. All in all a lot of work to be done and it is all work that is very very hard to schedule. At the same time, I am negotiating some professional (for real training) deals that could affect the whole process.

So nothing sensible can be said, but the release is not close. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 5

On 1/9/2019 at 6:00 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Connected Flight Desk system has to be implemented

One question on that, I couldn´t find using the search function: You´ve released the A320 professional series without the connected flightdeck system to make sure you can release the Airbusses now, continue work on the CFD and implement it afterwards. 

Will you also do the same with the A330, so release first with the CFD to be implemented in a future update, or will you wait with releasing the A330 until CFD is ready for it and implemented?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nikita1234 said:

Hoping for A-330 to be released for FSX 32 bit system, I am afraid at this rate the way A-330 Is being developed, even P3D will be extinct by the time the airbus is released. 

What makes you say that?! I actually think that Aerosoft is working quite fast for this development. Please keep in mind, that this is a complex airplane.

Regarding your assumptions towards any 32-bit development - it has literally been discussed 5 posts above yours. 'Search and thee shall find''; as some old wise men once said.

Or even better yet, please see the previous page - I promise, I won't spoil the 'ending' for you. ;)

Cheers, my friend.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

17 hours ago, rzlpfrmpf said:

One question on that, I couldn´t find using the search function: You´ve released the A320 professional series without the connected flightdeck system to make sure you can release the Airbusses now, continue work on the CFD and implement it afterwards. 

Will you also do the same with the A330, so release first with the CFD to be implemented in a future update, or will you wait with releasing the A330 until CFD is ready for it and implemented?

When it is ready for the A320 it is ready for the A330, 100% the same code.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

When it is ready for the A320 it is ready for the A330, 100% the same code.

This is a great news for customers 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Jammin16 said:

Hi

I would like to hear would A330 also have this call out: 70...60 ft when you go in for landing?

I ask because I think is not a good idea because I have never hear a real Airbus Aircraft say: 70...60ft before 50...40...30...20...

It's just a suggestion

If it's not in the real A330, it won't be in this one.  

12 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Hi,

it's been a long time since this system was implemented, but if I'm not totally mistaken there was a 2D MCDU option implemented to disable these. They're optional on the real plane and indeed not many airlines have them. Mostly those who regularly fly to airports with many different angles of descend on final approach have them to give pilots a better ability to get the mental picture just before touchdown on steeper glide slopes.

now i just have to participate in what you say.

You say there was a 2D MCDU option implemted to disable these callouts for Aerosoft Airbus Family Pro (P3Dv4) or in the aircarft in the real life?

because I prefer not to have 70 and 60 ft callouts in my airbus aircraft when i go in for landing. 

33 minutes ago, Jammin16 said:

ou say there was a 2D MCDU option implemted to disable these callouts for Aerosoft Airbus Family Pro (P3Dv4) or in the aircarft in the real life?

In P3Dv4... I could be wrong, but I doubt there's any configurations available like that, in the real plane... 

31 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

but I doubt there's any configurations available like that, in the real plane... 

Not for the pilots. Technical personal can ofcourse install/activate (pins) these options. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Frank Docter said:

Not for the pilots. Technical personal can ofcourse install/activate (pins) these options. 

Interesting. Thanks for that info, Frank :)

21 hours ago, Trevor Hannant said:

If it's not in the real A330, it won't be in this one.  

How can you be sure about it???

Because nor is it in the real A318, A319, A320, A321, and nevertheless have Aerosoft given their Airbus Family Pro this Callouts: 70...60 ft before landing.

21 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Hi,

it's been a long time since this system was implemented, but if I'm not totally mistaken there was a 2D MCDU option implemented to disable these. They're optional on the real plane and indeed not many airlines have them. Mostly those who regularly fly to airports with many different angles of descend on final approach have them to give pilots a better ability to get the mental picture just before touchdown on steeper glide slopes.

Okay I understand but if it is optional why have Aerosoft don't do them optional for the new Airbus Family? I understand well that they have done it well.

But if could escape hearing 70 and 60 ft as callout would I be happy.

34 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

The short and easy answer is because the FMS we modeled had it active.

No promises, but we'll try to look at making this optional sometime down the road.

In the meantime, if it bothers you THAT much (you know, affecting your sleep, causing you to be irritable at work or school, in flight sim forums, etc. 😉) then you can try deleting the sound files for these calls outs.  Just be sure to back them up.  No, I'm not going to tell you where or what files they are, let the Easter Egg Hunt begin!  (Actually, it's pretty simple to find and identify them, and doing so will help some folks to understand the inner workings of flight sim aircraft).

Best wishes!

Okay I understand waht you say and mean, (I just get a little more confused about when the plane touches the ground with these two extra callouts😂😉) Fun aside, I just don't think it fits in properly so would hear if you could turn it off. Because there are a few aircraft manufacturers for P3D v4 that allows you to choose your callouts yourself.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, guilherme1234 said:

The plane will have custom sounds mod?

What do you mean by "custom sounds mod"?

The sound pack will be developed by TSS, as far as I remember.