Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

Recommended Posts

46 minutes ago, Budlake said:

I do not understand why the development of a 32bit A330 is potentially far too expensive  

 

Other 3D models because of the lack of PBR, no animations/objects in the VC, no truelight and glass. These are just a few examples that show how much a difference P3D v4 already makes when compared with 32 bit. All this, and more, must be rewritten/left out and that costs manpower/money. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Budlake said:

It is Mathijs's post to which you referred that drew me to the conclusion that there will NOT be an A330 for FSX.

 

 

You can draw all the conclusions you want but in the end, the decision will be made by me based on a spreadsheet when the time is ripe. I suggest laying this to rest as there is nothing sensible to be said about this anymore.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, maesi0783 said:

how long will he stey A330 in the Beta??

 

I understand you like a release date but I am simply not able to give that at this moment.  The whole team is currently busy closing the known issues on the A320 series and most of that code is already prepared for the A330 (it's basically only config files that are different). At the same time modeling has to be completed and the Connected Flight Desk system has to be implemented. All in all a lot of work to be done and it is all work that is very very hard to schedule. At the same time, I am negotiating some professional (for real training) deals that could affect the whole process.

 

So nothing sensible can be said, but the release is not close. 

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2019 at 6:00 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Connected Flight Desk system has to be implemented

One question on that, I couldn´t find using the search function: You´ve released the A320 professional series without the connected flightdeck system to make sure you can release the Airbusses now, continue work on the CFD and implement it afterwards. 

 

Will you also do the same with the A330, so release first with the CFD to be implemented in a future update, or will you wait with releasing the A330 until CFD is ready for it and implemented?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, rzlpfrmpf said:

One question on that, I couldn´t find using the search function: You´ve released the A320 professional series without the connected flightdeck system to make sure you can release the Airbusses now, continue work on the CFD and implement it afterwards. 

 

Will you also do the same with the A330, so release first with the CFD to be implemented in a future update, or will you wait with releasing the A330 until CFD is ready for it and implemented?

 

When it is ready for the A320 it is ready for the A330, 100% the same code.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Jammin16 said:

ou say there was a 2D MCDU option implemted to disable these callouts for Aerosoft Airbus Family Pro (P3Dv4) or in the aircarft in the real life?

 

In P3Dv4... I could be wrong, but I doubt there's any configurations available like that, in the real plane... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

but I doubt there's any configurations available like that, in the real plane... 

 

Not for the pilots. Technical personal can ofcourse install/activate (pins) these options. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Trevor Hannant said:

 

If it's not in the real A330, it won't be in this one.  

How can you be sure about it???

Because nor is it in the real A318, A319, A320, A321, and nevertheless have Aerosoft given their Airbus Family Pro this Callouts: 70...60 ft before landing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, guilherme1234 said:

The plane will have custom sounds mod?

 

What do you mean by "custom sounds mod"?

The sound pack will be developed by TSS, as far as I remember.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2019 at 6:00 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

I am negotiating some professional (for real training) deals that could affect the whole process.

In a good or bad way? if i may ask

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JOAQUINGONZALEZ said:

I know you guys don't have a release date yet. Just wanted to know if you can estimate in which quarter it will be released. Btw amazing work!!

 

Please see the thread below (appies to days, weeks, quarters, etc.).

 

Best wishes!

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2019 at 4:51 PM, Bhyzog said:

In a good or bad way? if i may ask

Maybe this has been missed or something, but can maybe a aerosoft employee answer my question or just say no? Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bhyzog said:

Maybe this has been missed or something, but can maybe a aerosoft employee answer my question or just say no? Thanks

Depends on your point of view. "Good" in that commercial customers are always highly prized in a business like Aerosofts, "bad" in that it might cause a delay in this product because commercial projects frequently/usually have a higher priority than consumer products. That's true of almost any business BTW.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Herman said:

Depends on your point of view. "Good" in that commercial customers are always highly prized in a business like Aerosofts, "bad" in that it might cause a delay in this product because commercial projects frequently/usually have a higher priority than consumer products. That's true of almost any business BTW.

 

and... if I may, it also helps Aerosoft to keep consumer products at a lower price than otherwise might not be possible.

 

 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

 

and... if I may, it also helps Aerosoft to keep consumer products at a lower price than otherwise might not be possible.

 

 

Thanks, Dave. Another way the commercial products help is at least one airport that otherwise might not have been done was done and in detail for a commercial customer. Once the commercial project was complete, it was relatively easy to port it over to a consumer product.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope that the new A330, when it is put on sale, does not have the problems that so far has the A318-319-320-321, and that previously passed through many BETATESTER and that via Rearpanel all the tests have been and have.

If in a month following the release of the A330, I do not read failures (some must have, but I hope they are insignificant and do not affect the flight) reported by many users, I will be one of those who acquire it.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Miguel_V said:

I hope that the new A330, when it is put on sale, does not have the problems that so far has the A318-319-320-321, and that previously passed through many BETATESTER and that via Rearpanel all the tests have been and have.

If in a month following the release of the A330, I do not read failures (some must have, but I hope they are insignificant and do not affect the flight) reported by many users, I will be one of those who acquire it.

 

Well, nobody can say you're not consistent my friend.

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now