Aerosoft official retail partner for Microsoft Flight Simulator !! 
Click here for more information

Mathijs Kok

Geneva Professional preview (released)

I mean, I'm starting to feel like this project is dead and makes me wonder something : if we struggle so much to get infos on this product (which should be nearly finished after 2 years of development - unless something happened, but we don't know anything), should we expect the same for support ? How are you going to pass the support requests to Pad-Labs and more importantly how long is it going to take if you cannot already get a hold of them now ?

We better pray they nailed it the first time!

It's a genuine concern btw, I never had to contact Aerosoft for support on the sceneries I bought.

No it is not dead, we just need some time to decide what say at this moment.  Just believe the project itself is fine.

17 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

And release is not far off. A bit of patience.

Hi,

I suppose that the fact why Pad-Labs haven't included the new 54 to 58 ramps (east) is due to the lack of information available yet right ? Even though the necessary information isn't that essential to accomplish such "simple" work.

2cfc40f9aaf6338b0e1f9ae0687ee4c6.jpg

d2e4199d4fb113dd0bf9432a27206d08.jpg

1063248235a66d24250b80d4a1871bc9.png

Cheers

• Like 1

Professional customers that have different demands ?
Could you clarify ?

I didn't realize I was waiting for a scenery which would be outdated at release...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TOPSWISS Alex said:

I didn't realize I was waiting for a scenery which would be outdated at release

Being sarcastic isn’t really going to help in this case.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

A project is started. At some point the feature list is set to "frozen". What happens afterwards won't become part of the project. That's the SOP in software development (often

ignored in FS business though...)

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, TOPSWISS Alex said:

Professional customers that have different demands ?
Could you clarify ?

I didn't realize I was waiting for a scenery which would be outdated at release...

I think you should just not care about this project Alex, I do not think we'll be able to provide the product you are looking for.  That happens, we can't make all the people happy all the time.

Disclaimer I don't want to be associated with the latest comments...

I have a perfect/professional answer here, I'm happy with that, that being said, that could change with updates will see.

21 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

A project is started. At some point the feature list is set to "frozen". What happens afterwards won't become part of the project. That's the SOP in software development (often

This snowball was rather unexpected, let me clarify and this will be my last post because this forum is not very welcoming. Yet I want to clarify something.

If you look at my comment's history, you can see that I have been polite and nice all the way. I have been asking updates and previews (I'm not the "is it ready yet ?" kind of guy, but I have been asking because I thought the project was very near release (cf your 28th of September facebook post announcing it)), but I was not only asking for previews or screenshots, I have been asking on technical details on the scenery (cf my post on runway & approach lights) and nobody answered me.

Yet, I remained patient because I understand that developing things takes time. Not questioning this.

The following needs clarification as well :

1 hour ago, Jeroen Doorman said:

Being sarcastic isn’t really going to help in this case.

I was not sarcastic. Communication is not your strong suit it seems (again, no sarcasm, I'm trying to make constructive criticism here). See below for more explanation.

Mathijs Kok stated the following : "Keep in mind we also have professional customers that have different demands."
I was just asking for some more details because I did not understand what he meant. As well, I did not realize that Geneva would be outdated upon release. That's it. I don't know where you see the sarcasm.

1 hour ago, Hans Hartmann said:

But nobody said otherwise, I understand how software development works. Although, how can you expect customers to know where your feature list "froze" if you don't say anything ? I see that you can post comments, so why don't you do it ? "Hey guys, Geneva won't have 54-58 stands". It's that easy.

So yes, I assumed that Geneva would be up to date upon release but not because I'm an angry guy who won't buy your scenery because there are 4 stands - I won't be even using - missing, I assumed it because you didn't say anything.

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I think you should just not care about this project Alex, I do not think we'll be able to provide the product you are looking for.  That happens, we can't make all the people happy all the time.

I think you missed my point, and could have just answered my question which was a genuine one. I don't understand the part with "professional customers that have different demands", so I asked clarification.

You should really consider locking those previews threads and post updates when you're ready if you don't want us to ask things.

Well you also commented with "I didn't realize I was waiting for a scenery which would be outdated at release...". That's a pretty nasty comment. 

Alex, we have no problems with the questions, we replied to them as far as we are willing. What professional customers want determines to some degree how things look but I will not comment on what those demands are. I also do not expect customers to know when we close the features of a project, but then again that is for us to decide, not something we ask input from customers on.

And we do not close these topics because we are very willing to reply to questions. Tens of thousands of comments prove that. But again, if you believe the product is outdated on release (name me any that is not) it might not be one for you. There are alternatives. 

And that concludes this discussion. We are working to release this product. As you might have seen we have released two other rather big scenery products in the last few days (Lukla and Chania) and though we are in FS add-on companies by far the biggest, we do have limited resources.  Geneva is almost certainly the next scenery release.

• Like 1

Happy to see the work is going well !

If the 54-58 stands aren’t included in the first version it’s a bit frustrating... but maybe it can be included in a possible update in the futur ?

The pictures look great.

But I have a little input (...and no, I don't want to criticize your work). And I don't even know, if this is finish like this.

On your pictures you can see planes at satellite 20 on the positions 21 to 28. I am often at GVA and I have never seen aircraft parked on this positions in real life. Normally, only the positions 121, 123, 125 and 127 are in use. If you park an Airbus A320 like this, there is no space to cross on the taxiways next to this satellite. The positions are also too narrow and too short for that.

Maybe you can correct this or were planning to do so anyway.

Regards

Joël

IMG_0213.jpeg

IMG_0212.jpeg

Another month passed without any announcements, pictures looked quite promising. How are things going Mathijs?

Let's calm down guys, it's not as if there isn't any GVA scenery (out dated but still) till that one get out...