PMDG FMC approach not lining up with runway 25C for EDDF Pro

OnCourse

Hello,

I just tried to land at the Aerosoft Frankfurt Pro airport, on runway 25C, by plugging it into the pmdg 737 FMC as the arrival procedure. Unfortunately, it seemed to align me in between runways 25L and 25C instead.

What can I do to fix this? I checked the manual that is linked from the EDDF Configuration tool, but I didn't find anything that would help with this problem.

Hi,

Which approach exactly did you select?

Was it a VOR approach by any chance? Keep in mind a VOR approach will take you wherever the VOR is, so if the VOR is not on the extended centerline you will not end up there.

In which mode did you fly it? LNAV or VOR/LOC?

And are you talking about the aircraft actually flying in between the runways or just the magenta line being in between?
if the latter is the case, which navigation database do you use?

18 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

In which mode did you fly it? LNAV or VOR/LOC?

LNAV

18 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

And are you talking about the aircraft actually flying in between the runways or just the magenta line being in between?
if the latter is the case, which navigation database do you use?

Similar to the latter. I will get a screenshot when I get a chance to repro it again, but it seemed like the purple line was aligned to taxiway in between the two runways, and then did a last minute connection with the blue line, which was on top of the runway. I therefore disconnected the AP beforehand, in order to align it to the runway earlier.

I use the database that came with P3Dv4.3, and the pmdg 737.

P.S. Just wanted to add that this works correctly for other addons, and even other airport sceneries I have from bought from you in the past.

• Developer

The data you see in the Pmdg are readed from the database of pmdg, which can be updated via Navdatapro or Navigraph, but not from the scenery. 

The scenery addon is not involved in the approach pathed of this aircrafts.

When you deregister the scenery Addon via the Configtool and redo the approach to the default airport, you should see the same issue.

3 hours ago, OPabst said:

The data you see in the Pmdg are readed from the database of pmdg, which can be updated via Navdatapro or Navigraph, but not from the scenery. 

The scenery addon is not involved in the approach pathed of this aircrafts.

When you deregister the scenery Addon via the Configtool and redo the approach to the default airport, you should see the same issue.

So the runways are in the identical spots in the addon, as they are in the original version of P3Dv4.3? If so, then yes, I agree with your assessment.

I will double check when I get a chance, and take some screenshots.

When you deregister the scenery Addon via the Configtool

I just tried to go into the Scenery Library, and deselect it, but it won't let me. What tool are you referring to?

The data you see in the Pmdg are readed from the database of pmdg, which can be updated via Navdatapro or Navigraph,

I feel like I tried this once when I was back on FSX, and it caused a whole slew of other issues for me with other runways and approaches across the map. I was hoping to only fix the approaches for this single airport.

• Aerosoft
21 minutes ago, OnCourse said:

I just tried to go into the Scenery Library, and deselect it, but it won't let me. What tool are you referring to?

If this is P3D v4.3 try looking here:

Please login to display this image.

1 hour ago, OnCourse said:

So the runways are in the identical spots in the addon, as they are in the original version of P3Dv4.3? If so, then yes, I agree with your assessment.

I will double check when I get a chance, and take some screenshots.

They runways are located at the same spot as the real runways. If this might be slightly different from the default runway we can't do anything about it.

Nonetheless, the database used by the NGX is directly derived from a real life database, so the real airplane would have had the same issue.

It is rather common however that the ILS might not be 100% on top of the magenta line in the real aircraft. Keep in mind there is no possible situation where you would fly the data of an ILS or LOC approach in LNAV mode, so it wouldn't really bother a real pilot if the magenta line was off by a few hundret meters.
For an RNAV appoach or another NPA it would of course be a different thing!

Archived