Master Caution when disabling AP and hanging checklist

Aldarean

Hi everyone,

I have some questions about the ILS approach and the behavior of the FMS: I usually turn off the AP from the IAF to land manually. Normally, the master caution alarm (red alarm) should sound only three times when disabling AP and then be silenced. With me he sticks hard, even if I issue the AP even when I disabling it on the DA.

Furthermore, the checklist stuck on my approach to Madrid (LEMD) before the FINAL. But I assume that this was because the RAAS has recognized the Runway 18-R as a taxiway (despite going through the MakeRwys.exe). I switched off the AP at the IAF, then the pilot had a few key commands (flaps 1 and gear down I had to set manually) and thenno more checklist commands appeared.

Can someone help me with the two questions?

vor 10 Stunden , masterhawk sagte:

Disable the autopilot with “z”.

This worked, thank you. But why I can not disable AP with the AP button?

10 minutes ago, Aldarean said:

This worked, thank you. But why I can not disable AP with the AP button?

Do you meant he AP buttons on the FCU? This is a big no no with Airbus (Boeing as well, just for the record).

Always use the disconnect button on the sidestick/control column. The FCU button should be the last resort.

vor 8 Minuten, Emanuel Hagen sagte:

Do you meant he AP buttons on the FCU? This is a big no no with Airbus (Boeing as well, just for the record).

Always use the disconnect button on the sidestick/control column. The FCU button should be the last resort.

Okay, thank you. Good to know

Archived