Spoiler Warning

Kevin_H.

Hello Again,

I just witnessed on my Flight from Vienna to Frankfurt, during descend i had to deploy the Speedbrakes, i open them fully and left them there for a bit.

After a bit of time, unfortunately i cant say how long it took the ECAm Warning came with the Sound that the Speedbrake is still deployed, but just after the Sound it disappeared and then came again and so on and so on.

It was just like, BING, short flash on the ECAM, nothing, BING , short flash on the ECAM..

I am not quite sure if thats the Right behaviour :)

Best Regards

This will happen if the auto thrust has to add power to maintain decent speed. Did the ECAM still sound after retracting the spoiler?

watch the decent tracker (purple circle) on your altemeter. If you catch the decent path and the spoiler is still extended the aircraft will nose up and add power as you will be too slow to maintain the decent glide path

hope this helps

The Warning is Logical and normal that the Aircraft reminds you that the speedbrake is still deployed, BUT as far as i know do you get first a SOFT Warning without any sound and after a Time again a ECAM Warning that the Speedbrakes are still deployed.

Yes its hopping around, it comes on the ECAM with the sound, then it disappears without doing anything, then again after a couple of seconds it comes again, and so on and so on.

I will try to reproduce it :)

Actually it is a Normal procedure to use the Speedbrakes to get more Drag during descend.. and after i deploy them to slow down i always get this annoying message with the warning sound...

Reacreating should be simple, descend with vertical speed 1800 or 2000 ft/min and speed 270 or speed 250 knots indicated !

And then try to Hold the Speed, in this case you NEED the Speedbrakes, and when you deploy them the Warning immediately comes

I think in these cases maybe it would help if the trigger for the warning should be for example  250knots for Warning ON and 245Knots for Warning OFF. Because when the A/C speed is staying around 250knots the warning will come and go all the time. So a delayed trigger would maybe help ? 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi, the trigger for the message is just the engine vs. spd brk.

There is no soft warning.

Please login to display this image.

At that is how it is modeled. 

I never had any problems during my flights.

Can you please post a screenshot of the PFD with FCU and EWD when it happens again?

Ok next idea which is only a fishing but if for example the joystick has an not really correct 0% and the joystick 0 is jumping for example between 0.00% and 0.05% then the trigger should come ? Because i think we all know that a pontentiometer sometimes get old and not really can see the 0.0000001% of movement. At this point we may can say its a joystick problem but yeah the other way can be to give the IDLE description a 0% to 0.9%.  like a deadzone. 

But its only a idea if the problem is related to this issue. 

• Deputy Sheriffs
6 hours ago, SaschaBr said:

Ok next idea which is only a fishing but if for example the joystick has an not really correct 0% and the joystick 0 is jumping for example between 0.00% and 0.05% then the trigger should come ? Because i think we all know that a pontentiometer sometimes get old and not really can see the 0.0000001% of movement. At this point we may can say its a joystick problem but yeah the other way can be to give the IDLE description a 0% to 0.9%.  like a deadzone. 

But its only a idea if the problem is related to this issue. 

If you fly with auto throttle it is not a joystick problem, else try setting a deadzone.

Next, are you extending the speed brake full? Try settings 1/4 or 1/2.

I have the speed brake on one axis of my  saitek throttle.

Your speedbrake setting is likely to much, so thrust is added—>message

12 hours ago, masterhawk said:

Hi, the trigger for the message is just the engine vs. spd brk.

There is no soft warning.

At that is how it is modeled. 

I never had any problems during my flights.

Can you please post a screenshot of the PFD with FCU and EWD when it happens again?

Hi, I think this is exactly what's happens.

When we are too high and to fast and we deploy the speed brakes, the target speed is reached before the target altitude.

At this point the FMA A/THR mode is switching from THR IDLE to SPEED endlessly (eg on the screenshot 43% of N1).

Few seconds before I take this screenshot I got the DRAG message on the PFD and SPD BRK warning on the ECAM on the same time :)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Really strange. Never had that. 

Please, can you upload a saved flight prior this situation.

As I see, you did a managed des with a/thr. It is always working flawless for me.

Archived