Aircraft shut down mid cruise

olschelsea8

Hi awesome folks at Aerosoft, thank you for the buses. I was flying from CYYZ to KJFK FL290 cruising and descended to FL190 on VATSIM. At FL190, 250kts, i heard the throttles move and then the entire aircraft shutdown, basically went cold and dark. I clicked on the battery switches, tried to turn on the APU, re-crank engines, basically pressed everything i knew would turn the aircraft back on. I even tried CTR+E for the auto engine start. After i glided down and landed, the systems started coming on 1 at a time, and then i was able to fire up the APU and the systems were coming on. I had no fuel issues as i used the fuel planner for the bus. I used the updater for the A318/19 and the CRJ updates but they show up highlighted red even after i have updated them. Thanks for your help.

• Developer

I can confirm that one CRJ tester has a similar problem with the engines suddenly shutting down for no good reason. Right now, we're still trying to find out what is causing the problem. It doesn't seem to be related to the aircraft though, as you experience it with the Airbus and the other guy with the CRJ.

Olschelsea, I don't mean to disrespectful, but are you quite sure that you had not run out of fuel.

As you describe, is exactly what happened to me.

I had loaded from a saved state and I suspect that the fuel was not saved correctly.  Unsure of that.  Nevertheless, I re-run again from that save, and I did run out of fuel, with the your exact description.

As an aside, I would have thought that there would have been lots of warning built into the Airbus systems indicating shortage of fuel.

Perhaps there are but such things are not saved when flying from a loaded state in the Sim.

For your information.

Cheers

Jock McIntyre

Hi Jock, no worries. Yeah i definitely didn't run out of fuel, everything shut down, basically went cold and dark, there wasn't a single light bulb working. Restart attempts, starting APU, engine restarts, nothing worked.

I do also have a question about the updater, after updating the CRJ/Airbus the words went from red to blue indicating that the updates are complete. However, when i opened the updater again, the words were red again. Would the aircraft be updated even though this is like this? Or do you have to update it old school, re-download, uninstall and reinstall? Thank you.

Please login to display this image.

Ok so i tried another flight. I had just taken off out of Vaernes and the plane went cold and dark at about 3000ft. Then i pressed CTRL+E to do an auto start and then everything came back on at once but lost the entire flight plan.

Hi, there is a new updater Version available. 1.1.6.0 is the new Version, the older 1.1.5.0 has a Problem with updates.

Is it possible that you have a kind of Hotkey in your P3D Keyboard Settings that causes that suddenly shutdown?

Wolfgang

Hi All,

I have this problem often too. Usually sometime after pushback power goes and engines spool down. using checklist and startup without pushback. I use shift + P for the pushback. I can re4start APU then engines, checklist continues but FMS FP is lost. happened perhaps 5 times now? feels like gnd power not switching to APU and/or GEN?

Niallkav

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same issue.. THis has happened to me 3 times now and just recently. Goes strait to cold and dark and turns everything off. There has to be a bug with this. No HOT KEYS, no changes in prepar3d.cfg. Maybe a simconnect issue?

• Aerosoft

We have absolutely no serious ideas on this. From a systems point of view the only logical reason would be a complete lack of fuel (not enough, incorrect tanks etc) as there are no other mechanismes that can shut down an engine. 

We have seen two customers now that reported it was fixed by making sure the sim was 'cleaned up'. For example : 

As this seems to be a issue only affecting a handful of customers we are convinced it is not a bug.

I was flying from LPPT to EFHK. I have a fuel 4000kg left, but suddenly happen this (picture 1.)

I tried to divert Visby island (ESSV) but before final runway 21 the fuel run out. Cold and dark and situation, and i landed into sea. I was flying in IVAO network when this happend. Never happend before (several flights in Vatsim & Ivao)

I also have liquid cooling into CPU, and GPU was not hot (picture 3.) this picture was taking about 1,5h before this situation.

• Aerosoft

For sure this is not a hardware related issue. It has to be software.  We looked into the code again and simply have no idea who you can go from 4000kg to out of fuel. Would you be able to make a video of this same situation so we can perhaps get an idea if there is an unknown issue or if there is indeed a user related thing. 

I did make a special topic on this on our bug tracker. So far we have 4 people reporting this. two did not respond to our request to follow up, one told us he was still looking at it and you are the fourth. We really need more info to follow up.

I believe you seeing a similar issue to what was causing the same effect on the CRJ, Leo MD80 and TFDi 717. Its to do with Carenado believe it or not, they have been rumered to have some kind of anti-piracy coded in that causes problems for others who own their products, so if your flying in the vicinity of someone in their aircraft, it affects you. If you have any carenado aircraft installed give the following a try and see if it fixes your issue:

For those who also have this try the following:

(I reccomend to do this before you boot up P3D V4)

- Ensure your simulator is not running
- Open VPilot
- Go to the Settings tab
- Look for and click on Model Matching
- Under Model Matching click Advanced
- The top selection on the right should be SimObject\Airplanes - Expand this selection
- Scroll down until you see Carenado
- Uncheck ALL Carenado aircraft
- Click Apply then OK

- Boot up your sim
- Restart Vpilot
- Problem should be fixed

For those who want the Biz jets in their model matching I highly reccomend FLai - its completly free and has hundreds of models which can be recognised and used by VPilot, simple installer does it all for you, all you have to do is click the Update button a few times.

Regards

11 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Would you be able to make a video of this same situation so we can perhaps get an idea if there is an unknown issue or if there is indeed a user related thing. 

Sorry i don't have a video recorder programs.

11 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

For those who are having this issue... are you using FSUIPC to set up your controls?

I have it, but don't use it for set up controls.

10 hours ago, G Sproson said:

I believe you seeing a similar issue to what was causing the same effect on the CRJ, Leo MD80 and TFDi 717. Its to do with Carenado believe it or not, they have been rumered to have some kind of anti-piracy coded in that causes problems for others who own their products, so if your flying in the vicinity of someone in their aircraft, it affects you. If you have any carenado aircraft installed give the following a try and see if it fixes your issue:

For those who also have this try the following:

(I reccomend to do this before you boot up P3D V4)

- Ensure your simulator is not running
- Open VPilot
- Go to the Settings tab
- Look for and click on Model Matching
- Under Model Matching click Advanced
- The top selection on the right should be SimObject\Airplanes - Expand this selection
- Scroll down until you see Carenado
- Uncheck ALL Carenado aircraft
- Click Apply then OK

- Boot up your sim
- Restart Vpilot
- Problem should be fixed

For those who want the Biz jets in their model matching I highly reccomend FLai - its completly free and has hundreds of models which can be recognised and used by VPilot, simple installer does it all for you, all you have to do is click the Update button a few times.

Regards

This flight (my situation without fuel suddenly) was in IVAO network. Is there same situation perhaps?

I remember some things in my flight, don't know it helps or not?

A day before that LPPT > EFHK flight i was an EFHK > LPPT flight. There was an unexpected headwind, so i struggle with fuel situation. I never do it before, but in this flight i lower the CI (coast index) value from CI50 to CI10. It helps, and i have fuel 2220kg after landing. I save flight after, because i usually do it. When i coming back into cocpit, and prepared it to this flight, i really don't remember if i, or not pushing TURN AROUND STATE button. I checked today this saved situation and there is ground power on, so i belive i don't push this button ( i usually push it anyway).

About one hour before the fuel vanish, i discover from some reason APU GEN button is off? so i push it on. And Of cource APU itself was shut down after engines started. That's all  abnormals i can remember in that flight. I have an saved situation files if needed?

Regards: Mika.

Edit: Fuel planning picture from this flight. I also put wind direction & speed first time ever.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone , 

I'm flying with the airbus A320 Pro since 2 mounths and i have the same problem, the bus shut down in cruise or approch (it's happened 5 times). I use P3D V4.4 (client update only), Ivao, fsuipc ( but no contrôle configured for the bus), active sky P3DV4 and spad next to drive my Saitek pro panels.

I hope this message can help developers to fix the problem.

Good flight everyone !

and sorry for my English :) 

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem today .. i have a video as proof. 

The plane shutdown just after push back ... but the funny thing about all this is, my engine were still running, I could set take off power but no display was on .. I couldn’t turn them back.. 

thx 

Archived