Livery Making Problem

Hello, I am making a personal livery and i have a problem when I load it up in the simulator. As shown in the picture, you can see pixels of a lighter shade of blue.This is throughout the whole plane. I think it has to something with the layer called "FUSEDIRT TAIL MAIN" in paintkit. How can I resolve this problem? 

Thanks in advance,

Christian 

Please login to display this image.

Those pixels are compression artifacts from the DXT compression algorithm. At a certain distance of near color tones, the steps inbetween are killed to save memory space. You can for example switch off the Dirt Layer to overcome this. Also use DXT5 format to save such textures, i got the feeling you not did this looking at the textures.

Hello, thanks for the reply, I figured out the problem was after I saved the DDS in photoshop, I saved the DDS again in paint.net with iterative fit to make the texture have higher quality. This time I did not save with paint.net and the pixel problem is gone. But now, details like the airline name does not look HD. Here is a picture of the TAM A319 included with the Airbus series and one with my livery along with my DDS settings:

As you can see, the airline name looks blurry. If you can help with this problem, that would be great.

Thanks,

Christian

Archived