Updating to 1.2.2

Please check to see if you have 2 "Documents" folders on your system, one would be for Microsoft's One Drive.  If so, try uninstalling, renaming the MS One Drive "Documents" folder to something else, and reinstall.  Then see if the AS Updater is where it should be.

• Developer
vor 16 Stunden , DaveCT2003 sagte:

Please check to see if you have 2 "Documents" folders on your system, one would be for Microsoft's One Drive.  If so, try uninstalling, renaming the MS One Drive "Documents" folder to something else, and reinstall.  Then see if the AS Updater is where it should be.

Please login to display this image.

C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Documents is certainly not the documents folder. When I try to access C:\Windows\system32\config in Windows Explorer, it tells me that I don't have access rights.

When I run the ASUpdater installer, it installs to C:\Users\Hans\Documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater. I'm sorry to say, but something's totally wrong with the library path settings on your PC.

Great I think we are getting to the heart of it, I am using windows 7 so I don't have Microsofts one drive, not sure what to do to solve this, any ideas I'm all ears. Thank you all for the help.

Anthony

Just wondering if there is a way I can direct the installer? I tried to change the install location but it is coming up automatically. If I could choose the path to install it that might allow me to run the updater.

"C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Documents" is the Documents folder for the NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM. It's the built in account with highest local rights. I'm assuming that Aerosoft is looking for %userprofile%\documents for the documents folder. If on your account this returns C:\Windows... and not C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\, well.. your windows installation is more or less messed up.

Can you post the output of (run cmd.exe as your user, not as admin or another user)

1) whoami

-> Should return your username

2) echo %userprofile%

-> Should return c:\Users\YourUserName

There was another user earlier that had a similar looking issue on the A320 forum with the installer pointing to SYSTEM's Documents folder. I have no idea if he ever fixed his problem.

This is what happens when you run things as SYSTEM (which average Windows users shouldn't even know how to do):

C:\WINDOWS\system32>whoami
nt authority\system

C:\WINDOWS\system32>echo %userprofile%
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile

7 minutes ago, Fragged^2 said:

"C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Documents" is the Documents folder for the NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM. It's the built in account with highest local rights. I'm assuming that Aerosoft is looking for %userprofile%\documents for the documents folder. If on your account this returns C:\Windows... and not C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\, well.. your windows installation is more or less messed up.

Can you post the output of (run cmd.exe as your user, not as admin or another user)

1) whoami

-> Should return your username

2) echo %userprofile%

-> Should return c:\Users\YourUserName

There was another user earlier that had a similar looking issue on the A320 forum with the installer pointing to SYSTEM's Documents folder. I have no idea if he ever fixed his problem.

This is what happens when you run things as SYSTEM (which average Windows users shouldn't even know how to do):

C:\WINDOWS\system32>whoami
nt authority\system

C:\WINDOWS\system32>echo %userprofile%
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile

Excellent advice!

Thanks Fragged^2

Ok I am totally out of my league on this one, I have never had a problem with any other addons in regards to the problem I'm having. I think I will just move on unless you guys feel like giving me some more pointers on what you are talking about.  I really appreciate the time if you are up to it, but if not I'll just fly the crj as is and not plan on updating it anymore. I don't want to screw up my other programs and addons just for one airplane.

Thank you

Anthony

I would call Microsoft support (Google "Microsoft Support" to get the phone number for your area) and get their help i resolving this, or you could simply reinstall Windows.

Since we're at the end of the road for looking at Aerosoft software, I'm going to close this topic.  Feel free to open a new topic if something changes or PM me to re-open this one if you wish, but I'm confident you're suffering from a Windows issue and not a problem with our software.

Best wishes.

Archived