Updating to 1.2.2

I am trying to update with the updater but it is not loaded into the documents folder. I have tried uninstalling and loading the crj again, but still no luck. Thanks for the help.

Fsx by the way.

Thank you

Anthony

vor 7 Stunden , ant0215 sagte:

I am trying to update with the updater but it is not loaded into the documents folder. I have tried uninstalling and loading the crj again, but still no luck. Thanks for the help.

Fsx by the way.

Thank you

Anthony

The first thing to do is to look at the pinned topics!

Yes I have done all that, I don't have the updater at all. Thanks for the help, it isn't in the showing up in the folders it is supposed to be in.

Thank you

Anthony

On 27.7.2018 at 21:42, ant0215 sagte:

Yes I have done all that, I don't have the updater at all. Thanks for the help, it isn't in the showing up in the folders it is supposed to be in.

Thank you

Anthony

Dear Anthony,

you could not have done all of that because this topic tells you that under certain conditions the Updater will not show and that you have to copy it by hand into that location!

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/137893-aerosoft-update-doesnt-show-crj-on-installations-with-fsx-se-only/

So if you did copy it by hand, it must show...

PS: I don't have FSX and can't check what happens on your end but that is what I understand from the pinned topics.

The problem with updating the FSX:SE version was that the correct .xml file was missing - Han's post referred to above supplied it.  It sounds like Anthony hasn't got the "ASUpdater.exe" file, and possibly anything else either, in the "My Documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater" folder.

Andy L

vor 2 Stunden , AndyUK sagte:

The problem with updating the FSX:SE version was that the correct .xml file was missing - Han's post referred to above supplied it.  It sounds like Anthony hasn't got the "ASUpdater.exe" file, and possibly anything else either, in the "My Documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater" folder.

Andy L

Ahaa...understood now (as I said I don't have FSX and therefore could be wrong).

@ant0215 I think I've read about a simmilar issue on this forum. The problem was that that particular user had a special character in hes user folder name (eg: he created an account for him and his wife called Mike&Mooly and therefore under C:/Users/... he had an "&" in the Folder name). Since the Updater get's installed under the user documents, it had a problem with that special character.

So the Q: Do you have any special characters in your Folder name?

Andy is correct I don't have the AsUpdater.exe file for some reason. I also don't have any special characters in my users name. I have folders in documents library for airbus, aerososftairbusextended, digital aviation crj just no updater folder.

Thanks for the help everyone

Anthony

vor 3 Stunden , GEK_the_Reaper sagte:

@ant0215 can you post a screenshot of the CRJ file you installed and a screenshot of your folder structure please?

With screenshot of the CRJ file I mean the exact and complete naming of your latest CRJ installer file (you can copy / paste the file name in here instead of a pic).

The reason of my request is that I think you have a much earlyer version of the CRJ installed wich did not include the Updater...

I would say this is it but I have downloaded the newest file from aerosoft site through my instant downloads.I can say for sure I don't have the updater files included with my download. Not sure why but I don't have the exe file. Just wondering how to get it?

• Developer

First, check your Documents\Aerosoft\AS Updater folder for ASUpdater.exe and run it directly.

There are some issues with Installshield and the Windows start menu that causes icons to disappear if they are added more then once.

If this file doesn't exist either, let me know and I'll send you a download link for the updater.

This file does not exist on my computer. I checked the file locations you said but not luck. If you send me the downlad link for the updater I think that might help me but I'm still not sure what is causing this problem to begin with. This is the first time I have had this happen with any of the products I buy from aerosoft, so maybe it is just a one time thing?

As always thanks for all the help

Anthony

• Developer

Is the folder (Documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater) there or is that missing too? If not, you can try this installer: https://www.dropbox.com/s/s0t5qtxsmn5nmni/AS-Updater_V1160.zip?dl=0

Make sure to disable anti-virus software before running the installer. It seems that your anti-virus quarantined the Asupdater.exe file during the CRJ installation. Today's anti-virus software usually does a VERY lousy job in detecting false positives, especially when it comes to programs written in C# and using .NET Framework. You might need to white-list asupdater.exe to stop your anti-virus from removing it.

I tried downloading and it will still not work, I get asupdater.dat could not be found olease reinstall your product. error. I don't have any antivirus software running that I know of.

Thank you

Anthony

• Developer

Can you make a screenshot of <Documents>\Aerosoft\ASUpdater in Windows Explorer please? With the full path visible please.

For example:

Please login to display this image.

yes I have run it not sure why it isn't loading everything where it is supposed to go, it goes through the install process but still won't work. This is what the installer looks like when it is about to install.

Please login to display this image.

Archived