Close Doors message?

GaryMcCl

Hi

Sorry if this is in the wrong area, but I'm currently trying to get myself ready to takeoff on the A318. The problem that I currently have is that I go though a number of normal actions (for example, external power, flight plan, etc) and I try to go through the second checklist - BEFORE START. This is actually greyed out for some reason. I did the first checklist, no problem, but this one won't let me start it. I am getting a message on the screen saying 'Close Doors', but I have no doors open - and I have verified that. I have even started the APU and got rid of the external power unit, in case it was considering that a door. Also, I have locked the cockpit door.  It doesn't matter - whatever I do, there is a message at the top of the screen saying 'Close Doors', and yet I can see they're already closed. 

I need to sort it before I go on to the next checklist.  I would appreciate any help!

Gaz

Gaz,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble.

There is an existing thread for this issue (see below).  I will move your post there, however the link below has two different work arounds that you can try. I've posted direct links to both work arounds (I'd try the second first).

We are of course working on the issue.

Best wishes!

Actually, from what I read on the last page of the thread referenced above... it's bee resolved and included in one of the past updates.

Are you still having this issue after running the AS Updater?

2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Actually, from what I read on the last page of the thread referenced above... it's bee resolved and included in one of the past updates.

Well, I updated the system, but it didn't fix the problem. The 2nd option on you original reply did point me towards it, however. I think you need to start your scenario with a built-in aircraft, switch it to the Airbus, then put it in the taxi state, and then into whatever state you need. That seemed to fix it for me.  Thanks for helping out.

I have another problem now, which is just down to me not knowing what I'm doing. In the pre-taxi checklist, one of the items is 'ATC'. It keeps shouting it out to me. I use the built-in ATC, and I've set the COMMs and squawk codes, but I don't know what else I could do at this point.  I've checked out the documentation, but I can't find any help. Please help if you could!

Gaz

Hi

I have had this problem again. After doing the above (starting with a built-in aircraft, switching to A318 in taxi mode, then switching it to c&d), I saved the aircraft, thinking that if I wanted to use that aircraft in the future, I just need to load up that scenario and re-position the plane if needed.  However, this did not work. This means that the list I have said there always has to be done I believe.

Does that mean that every scenario needs to start with a built in aircraft?

Gary

Gary,

While it's not necessarily required for the Aerosoft Airbus Pro, sage advice for ESP based sims (FSX/P3D) is to always load a Default Aircraft (one that MS or LM included with the sim) first, and then load into whichever payware aircraft you wish to fly.  What this does is force a load of SimConnect modules, thus helping to ensure a trouble free flight sim experience.

For each flight I recommend loading into one of our default aircraft states on each flight for the same reason as above.

Best wishes.

22 hours ago, GaryMcCl said:

I have another problem now, which is just down to me not knowing what I'm doing. In the pre-taxi checklist, one of the items is 'ATC'. It keeps shouting it out to me. I use the built-in ATC, and I've set the COMMs and squawk codes, but I don't know what else I could do at this point.  I've checked out the documentation, but I can't find any help. Please help if you could!

I'm sorry, but I haven't used default ATC for well over 14 years (I fly exclusively on VATSIM & POSCON), so I really have no idea.

4 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I'm sorry, but I haven't used default ATC for well over 14 years (I fly exclusively on VATSIM & POSCON), so I really have no idea

Actually, it's a small button in the middle, near the TCAS. I put it on another topic and klisura came back and said it's near the flaps lever, and that sorted it!

Thanks anyway, Gaz

21 minutes ago, GaryMcCl said:

Actually, it's a small button in the middle, near the TCAS. I put it on another topic and klisura came back and said it's near the flaps lever, and that sorted it!

Thanks anyway, Gaz

Most welcome.  I'm happy you have it sorted out!

Best wishes.

Archived