Nose Wheel Steering Issue

Baldstrom

Hi,

It seems that when trying to taxi an A319 the nose wheel steering does not work. The wheel will move in the correct direction (even to full deflection), but it doesn't seem to do much- the plane turns a little, but definitely not enough to turn onto a taxiway or even a rapid-exit taxiway for that matter. I took a look around here to see if this was a common issue, but I couldn't find anything relevant. Nose wheel steering works with all other aircraft I have and all other control surfaces on the plane work fine. I have tried to separately control the tiller with the Engine 3 axis in P3Dv4.3, but still had the same issue.

Please let me know if I am being dumb somehow or if there is any information I can give to help,

Thanks!

Does this happen with other payware airliners?

The first thing I would check if if another axis is also bound to the Rudder.

If that isn't the case...

1. If you're using EZDoc, please update to the latest version (which is a Beta the last time I checked). This has resolved control issues for many of our customers.

2. If the above doesn't resolve your issue, then please try reinstalling using the procedure below:

AEROSOFT AIRBUS PROFESSIONAL UNINSTAL & REINSTALL
IF YOU’RE HAVING A HOST OF UNEXLAINED OPERATIONAL ISSUES WITH THE AIRBUS PROFESSIONAL OR THE SUPPORTING TOOLS (FUEL PLANNER, ROUTE PLANNER, ETC.) THEN THE BEST THING TO DO IS REINSTALL THE AIRBUS PROFESSIONAL USING THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURE WHICH TAKES ABOUT 15 MINUTES DEPENDING ON YOUR INTERNET SPEED:

1. Uninstall via the windows program manager.

2. Remove any remaining airbus folders (where ever you installed it to, default location is the documents folder where you'll find two (2) folders named “Aerosoft” and “Aerosoft A318 A319 Professional”

3. Reboot

4. Disable computer security software.

5. Right click on the airbus installer and select run “as admin”

6. Reinstall the airbus and reboot.

7. Delete the p3dv4.3 shaders folder, which can be found at:

c:\users\[your username]\appdata\local\lockheed martin\prepar3d v4

8. In your computer security software, please exclude the “Aerosoft” and “Aerosoft A318 A319 Professional” folders.

9. Re-enable your computer security software.

10. Launch p3dv4.3, and close immediately after reaching the initial window. Do not load the aircraft.

11. Close p3dv4.3.

12. If you have firewall software, please ensure that you allow the as updater.

13. RUN THE AS UPDATER.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Hi guys, thanks for the quick response :)

I have not had issues with any of the other payware aircraft I have installed and I have tested most of them.

I was using EZDok version 2.6.0.32 which seemed to be the newest version that is available, but I found this link later https://www.simforums.com/forums/ezca-2-7-for-p3d-v4-3-p3dv4-2-p3d-v3-xx-fsx_topic59058_post383970.html#383970 which has a download for 2.7.0.16, I simply installed that and ran the EZCA configurator, then restarted my computer and everything works fine now!

Thanks again! I included the link to help anyone else figure out this issue.

Have a good one.

Archived