Wind Request not working

pierre fsx

Ok I finally got it to work, but I had to install Active Sky on the PC I am running Prepar3d. Very strange. I will investigate if I have a network connectivity problem.

Thanks for all the help

One quick question, Can I install PFPX on a networked PC instead of the PC I have P3D running? It might be time to get a new flight planner :rolleyes:

• Deputy Sheriffs

I think if you use AS and PFPX on a network e. g. a different source than P3D their wind data "export" folder locations are also named different and the Aeorsoft Airbus will not find those......

Regards,

Rolf

9 hours ago, pierre fsx said:

Can I install PFPX on a networked PC instead of the PC I have P3D running?

Yes PFPX can be run over a network successfully.

Not sure what weather export function Rolf refers to as PFPX does not export weather at all.

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 6 Stunden , srcooke sagte:

PFPX does not export weather at all.

Sorry but that is not correct. If you prepare and relaese a flightplan in PFPX you have the possibility to export the weather data (please see screenshot).... If the export path is correct as stated in my screenshot you are also able to import the wind data automatically from that folder into the Aerosoft Airbus..... (because the MCDU "searches" in the respective AS as well as in the PMDG folder for wind data for that flight....

Regards,

Rolf

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Yes, but the format for wind data is standardized and also AS uses the same export wind data format. This is the reason why the Aerosoft Airbus can import both files.......

Regards,

Rolf

Ok thanks, I PFPX can you modified the path of the addons like PMDG simulation win uplink to use a network map drive? If I install PFPX on a second PC?

Regards

Pierre 

Just set the simulator and document paths to those of the network PC and the files will export to the correct place, provided the folders exist.

Ok I have finally fix my network problem and all is find, You can close this topic and many thanks to everyone. 

Now lets fly the airbus....

regards

Pierre

Archived