Lost Updater.exe

Gee8ch

When using the updater this morning, it appeared not to complete and when I tried again the desk top icon did not find the exe. On checking the File Explorer, 'Updater.exe' was not in the Updater File. How do I get the Updater back?

Gee8ch

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

So it might have been removed by your AV Software. Usually you can retrieve it from quarantine.

For the future exclude at least the Aerosoft folders from being scanned.

Thanks. I was right that something had gone wrong with the updating process. The aircraft were not appearing in P3D and when I checked, the aircraft.cfg's were missing. So I have reinstalled and updated with my AV software switched off and all is OK again. I have also excluded the updater exe so hopefully all will go well with the next update.

Gee8ch

Having said that everything was OK, the Updater is not functioning properly. When I run it, it shows 'Installed version: 1.0.1.0' and 'Available version: 1.0.1.3' but when I try to update, nothing happens and it just vanishes off the screen.  What can be wrong now?

Gee8ch

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 33 Minuten, Gee8ch sagte:

I am using BT Virus Protect (McAfee) but I don't see an option to exclude a Folder.

Cant believe that, but if this would be really the case, get rid of this sh... piece of software immediately and use Windows Defender. 3 advantages for you:

- same level of security

- less hassle

- saves you money

On 7/26/2018 at 2:29 PM, Gee8ch said:

Having said that everything was OK, the Updater is not functioning properly. When I run it, it shows 'Installed version: 1.0.1.0' and 'Available version: 1.0.1.3' but when I try to update, nothing happens and it just vanishes off the screen.  What can be wrong now?

Gee8ch

I have reinstalled from scratch but the updater is still not working properly. How do I get an up to date version? Will SP1 include all the updates to that point?

Gee8ch

Sorry. After I posted my last, I found another post concerning the same problem which stated that reverting the Updater to version 1.1.4 solved the problem. I have done that and it appears to be working and the Bus version is now showing 1.0.1.3.

Gee8ch

Archived