Hoist in Seahawks X

brizzly

I don't know if it's been covered before, but I was wondering if the hoist in the Hawks X package was going to be activated now that Acceleration is out.

I looked through the manual and noticed a note that said it wasn't, although you could use the crewchief's hover control. That would be totally useful when attempting to pick up swimmers, and probably with slingloads as well.

Has anyone already added the hoist and sling from the EH-101? If not, would it be easy? Will the animation match up with the current hoist? Thanks in advance.

Alright, if anyone's interested, has the Aerosoft Hawks package, and Acceleration, here's what you need to have added in your aircraft.cfg to have a working hoist and sling.

[sling.0]

hoist_extend_rate = 5 //Feet per second

hoist_retract_rate = -5 //Feet per second

position = 0.5, 4.5, 5.5 //Feet from datum

max_stretch = 2.0 //Max stretch distance at ultimate load

damping_ratio = 0.6 //0 for no damping to 1.0 for critically damped.

rated_load = 600 //Characteristics tension of cable in pounds

ultimate_load = 2250 //Breaking force in pounds

tolerance_angle=45 //Angle, in degrees, used to determine lateral breaking force limit

auto_pickup_range = 8 //Max Range, in feet, for auto-pickup

auto_pickup_max_speed = 8.5 //Maximum speed (feet per second) for auto-pickup

hoist_payload_station = 4 //Payload station in which the hoist will load in and out of. 1 is first station.

hoist_door=1 //Door associated with hoist. Must be open for use.

[sling.1]

position = 0.5, 0.0, 0.0 //Feet from datum

damping_ratio = 0.75 //0 for no damping to 1.0 for critically damped.

rated_load = 8000 //Characteristics tension of cable in pounds

ultimate_load = 23000 //Breaking force in pounds

tolerance_angle=70 //Angle, in degrees, used to determine lateral breaking force limit

Have fun!

• Aerosoft
Alright, if anyone's interested, has the Aerosoft Hawks package, and Acceleration, here's what you need to have added in your aircraft.cfg to have a working hoist and sling.

[sling.0]

hoist_extend_rate = 5 //Feet per second

hoist_retract_rate = -5 //Feet per second

position = 0.5, 4.5, 5.5 //Feet from datum

damping_ratio = 0.6 //0 for no damping to 1.0 for critically damped.

rated_load = 600 //Characteristics tension of cable in pounds

ultimate_load = 2250 //Breaking force in pounds

tolerance_angle=45 //Angle, in degrees, used to determine lateral breaking force limit

hoist_payload_station = 4 //Payload station in which the hoist will load in and out of. 1 is first station.

hoist_door=1 //Door associated with hoist. Must be open for use.

[sling.1]

position = 0.5, 0.0, 0.0 //Feet from datum

damping_ratio = 0.75 //0 for no damping to 1.0 for critically damped.

rated_load = 8000 //Characteristics tension of cable in pounds

ultimate_load = 23000 //Breaking force in pounds

tolerance_angle=70 //Angle, in degrees, used to determine lateral breaking force limit

Have fun!

Brizzly, thanks for this, we were planning to look at it next week and you saved me some serious work. Please contact Shaun at info@aerosoft-shop.com and tell him you get a free download product of your choice. For others, please note you need Accelartion installed for this to work.

Just installed this tweak for the hoist and it works great. Have not tried in the game missions yet but all of the animations work great, and controls for the hoist work as per the key assignments. Thanks again, nice add!!!

Glad to hear it. It's actually very easy to install the hoist and sling on any helicopter. You just need to adjust the position values afterward to get everything lined up right.

If you want to use the sling in a mission (say the Slingload Tutorial), first go to the 'Missions' section, check the box that allows changes to the mission (remember, no rewards if you make changes), then start the mission. Once the mission is started, us 'Alt' to change aircraft, then save the mission with the ';' key.

Next, you have to exit flight simulator and go the 'Flight Simulator X Files' folder under 'My Documents.' Look for your flight, 'name.flt,' open it up, and make sure this is either in there, or add it:

[sling.0.0]

Object=

CableLength=0

HoistSwitch=0

[sling.1.0]

Object=

CableLength=65

HoistSwitch=0

Make sure Sling.1.0 has a cable length, or it won't show up. The first sling is the hoist, which is retractable and is defined in the aircraft.cfg, so don't worry about changing that one.

Remember, this will only work if you have installed the hoist text information above in the aircraft.cfg

Have fun.

• 1 year later...

Woo Hoo Brizzly!!!

You don't have idea how thankful and grateful I am to you for sharing this information!

Well so happens, I know how to place hoistable victims into FSX..

However read this post, if you ever dreamed about using hoist in Jayhawk and actually hoisting victims –well, guess what. Now you can!

I just tested it and it works as a charm. Even I can hoist with Augusta, hoisting from JayHawk is waaaay easier and more pleasurable – what more feels much more real. JayHawks is the most common, real life, Coast Guard helicopter in US –work horse of the service. Living is Boston, its look is something which is very, very familiar to me. I've seen it in real life numerous times, including in action.

Also, Aerosoft's JayHawk Helicopter with it's Auto Hover and now fully operational hoist, just become dream helicopter add-on for FSX Search and Rescues. If it shies from the absolute perfect – maybe missing Infra Red camera visor located in Helo nose, which can see through night, fog and smoke, which real life JayHawk has would do it. In any case, there is no other helos on the market I know about, which allows more thorough searching capability. Using preprogrammed flight plan allows flying perfect search pattern with automation, in zero visibility, with speed and altitude set to hold - EXACTLY what is needed. If you installed Redux Lights as me, you will also have improved visibility at night and fog. Hoisting with Auto Hover is simply how hoisting SHOULD look, feel and work.

HERE WHAT YOU NEED TO DO IN ORDER TO HAVE IT WORKING TOO:

First you have to download and Install "AI Carrier 2" (if you don't have it already).

You can download it FOR FREE from link below (or Google it from "simviation" or zazillion other places):

TaskForce page

PART DEDICATED TO ALL "AI CARRIER" FIRST TIME USER – skip reading if you already have it and know what is it:

If you never heard about it before, AI Carrier will add more MOVABLE AND STEERABLE ships to your collection, which can be landed with helo and planes. AI Carrier has: Fully functional Nimitz class Aircraft Carrier (arresting wires and lunch assist are fully functional), Navy Cruiser, Navy Destroyer, another type (than used by Aerosoft) of Coast Guard Cutter, fleet of tankers/merchant vessels, fleet of cruise liners and luxury motor yacht. Unlike other FSX cruise liners, AI cruise liners has fully landable helipads. All of ships can be seen and used in both single and multiplayer player mode and be steered SAME TIME as you flying. You can fly helo, and sail all your ships same time, land on any of them as they are anchored or move.

If you never used AI Carriers before, it probably would be advisable for you to stop now, install it and play with it just so you have sense what is it and what it does. AI Carrier add on is pretty good fun on its own – especially of you have JayHawk. Soon you finished installing, start FSX and any plane/helo and as soon as game loads press "Shift +J" on keyboard. Proceeding after should be pretty much intuitive and self explanatory.

Now the really fun part is: once you have "AI Carriers 2' – you can add to your AI collection of the ships whole bunch more. Most of the boats and ships which are in FSX already – and that approximately 30-40 or so (not all works) more vessels (including Aerosoft Coast Guard Cutter – which will be fully steerable now), some freeware and payware add-on ships, tanks, cars (and presumably other "objects") which you might have already (as for instance: free Battleship USS "Jersey" from www.simviation.com - which has working guns), … as well,…and here it comes, people and all hoistable "victims" from FSX missions.

(By the way using analogy of instruction provided in USS "Jersey" was what helped me to figure how to add victims.)

Personally I suspecting it's possible to add entire Aerosoft shipyard to AI, even on my own I wasn't able to figure how. I think I read once somewhere (can't remember where), that its possible to do it. If by any chances you have "know how to" – share it with us all by all means.

Whether its ships, car, tank or "victims" adding it to AI works almost the same:

TO ADD VICTIMS:

1. Locate folders of fishermen and kayakers (or other "victims" as well if you desire so) – located in:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Misc

(Names of victim folders of FSX "Baltic" Rescue" mission: PPL_Fisherman1_sm , PPL_Fisherman2_sm, PPL_Fisherman3_sm – and so forth)

2. Copy entire "victim" folder(s) (for instance: PPL_Fisherman2_sm) - which you want to add to AI into:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Boats

3. Open "aircarriers.cfg" located in:

C:\Program Files\AICarriers

4. File should look more or less like this:

[base]

throttle=60

menu_shortcut=shift+j

confdir=conf.d

[formation.0]

title=Lone carrier

unit.0=veh_carrier01_high_detail_sm, 0, 0

[formation.1]

title=Lone destroyer

unit.0=VEH_destroyer01, 0, 0

[formation.2]

title=Lone cruiser

unit.0=VEH_cruiser01, 0, 0

…(…)… etc

5. To add "Fisherman 1" (from FSX Baltic Sea Rescue Mission) add following line to file:

[formation.X]

title=Fisherman 1

unit.0=PPL_Fisherman1_sm, 0,0

where:

X – next number in order

Title – you can name it as you want it to appear in AI Carrier menu.

Unit.0= name of folder of the victim (of course name is "PPL_Fisherman1_sm" not "Unit.0")

0,0 – argument defining position. First number (zero in this case) defines location laterally, while second (also zero) longitudinally.

Note that same "Formation" ("Formation" - stands just for single item which will appear on AI menu) can have unlimited number of ships/objects. You can pair any ships with any other, even create entire fleet, convoy, battle group or whatever you pleased. You can also pair say all 3 fisherman, so clicking single item on AI menu will place all 3 of them in your FSX. How they will be located in relation to each other will depend how you define position arguments. For instance:

[formation.X]

title=Three Fisherman

unit.1=PPL_Fisherman1_sm, 50,50

unit.2=PPL_Fisherman1_sm, -50,-50

ADDING BOATS TO AI:

Adding boats and ships to AI works in analogical way, however instead of using folder names of victims in Aircarrier.cfg, you can use names of boats and ships which are already located in "Boat" folder - hence nothing have to be copied (meaning of course not names of ships but names of its folders). If it sound too complicated- see example:

Assuming, you already have Aerosoft Coast Guard Cutter:

Open "Boat" folder – located in:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Boats

Folder of Aerosoft CG Cutter in that location is named:

veh_Aerosoft_CGCutter

Now open aircarrier.cfg – analogically as in previous (victim) instruction and just insert name of ship folder in the place where name of victim folder goes. Note that where you get name from and bold text in example below, is the only thing which differ it from previous instruction – rest is the same:

[formation.15]

title=Aerosoft Coast_Guard Cutter

unit.0=veh_Aerosoft_CGCutter, 0,0

You could also pair Aerosoft CG Cutter with Navy Cruiser, or any other ships which you have or are already in "Boat" Folder:

[formation.15]

title=Coast_Guard and Crusier

unit.1=VEH_cruiser01, -400, -400

Bit of a drawback is that all victims have to be placed manually first with AI, before they can be hoisted – which is not as elegant as we all probably would wish it to be. From my brief testing (unless I missed something) it appears that due to nature of how most of FSX ships and boat are made – victim will "drawn" in most of "tall" objects. Therefore it appears it's not possible to place fisherman on top of cruise liner, bigger fishing boat or say, medium/big yacht. On other hand, it should be possible to place them on anything which can be land on with helo – which means all helopad and "hard" surfaces of objects. Task of finding good hard surfaces in FSX is nothing short of monumental. If I collect list of few good places, as times allow, I will try to post it from time to time. If you know of any already – share with us by all means.

I did notice however that some of small boats which are often static in FSX (appear not to move), have often shallow decks. Placing fisherman there usually works. They will still sunk knee deep in boat's deck, however in my opinion visually it looks quite OK. Once fisherman (or other victims) are placed rest works perfect. They will waves their hands grabs hoist cable if it in their reach, than allow themselves to be hoisted up and loaded into helo.

What interesting, even AI Carrier 2 is locked with Free Use License, authors by uploading it to FSX sharware sites makes it free forever. To explain: most freeware sites have paragraphs in their TOS, which states that once uploaded file becomes site property and cannot be removed afterwards (means: it will be publicly accessible for free download as long as site exists). AI Carrier is all over the place. Even of course it not for me to say how Aerosfot decides to make their business, all this mean that even adding AI Carriers to Aerosoft Jayhawk package probably would not be legal (just my sense I didn't study AI License), at least without some monetary compensation, still SHARING INSTRUCTIONS with customers, how to make vital part of product functional, would be absolutely legal and free. Sharing could be also done without fear that sudden AI Carrier "interest" or success could make someone think again, change mind, close option and pull carpet from underneath everybody. Why adding instruction would be legal? Simply because sharing knowledge is just another expression of freedom of speech. Aerosoft would not sell AI. Instead it would tell it's customers where to get it for free, how to modify and use it.

Also, analogically as there are some saved flights ("missions") in JayHawk Package (allowing landing on moving Coast Guard Cutter), Aerosoft team could surprise its new customers (..and all of us here .. –wink, wink ), perhaps with some cool hoist rescue missions…

<---- whistling innocently

LOL

Well, anyway being serious again, from now if my time allows and I manage to place my "victims" in some interesting place I will try to post saved flight files on forum. Maybe even design some Search and Rescue mission. Place fisherman on some little boat on the ocean, in the heavy fog and rain while disclosing only general search area and let everyone have fun of finding them and saving their lives.

If you like idea and would like to do same, note that saved flight files are located in following folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\Your_Name\My Documents\Flight Simulator X Files

I believe in order to use files of saved flight on another computer (for example named "Rescue") - all which is needed are 5 files:

Rescue.cfg

Rescue.flt

Rescue.fmc

Rescue.fssave

Rescue.wx

Some pics. Code for all boats and victims at the bottom. Note those are not missions. You can place boats and victim anywhere in FSX you feel pleased.

RESCUE SWIMMER:

14591454sn6.jpg

48004665hh9.jpg

FLIPPED YACHT:

91118448sa7.jpg

FISHING BOAT:

33876048xc0.jpg

FISHING BOAT (just a boat no victims):

50258170bc4.jpg

LUXURY YACHT with helipad (no victims):

47966298lx0.jpg

RUNWAY EMERGENCY VEHICLES - which can be drove with AI behind plane (yours or someone else). Police cruiser have flashing lights:

29889917pp7.jpg

Code for all what show on pics above plus more (60 objects and groups) below. Keep in mind you have to move all appropriate folders into Boat Folder for objects to work. Code includes Battleship USS "Jersey" add on. If you don't have it delete it's all instances:

[base]

throttle=60

menu_shortcut=shift+j

confdir=conf.d

[formation.0]

title=Lone carrier

[formation.1]

title=Lone destroyer

unit.0=VEH_destroyer01, 0, 0,

[formation.2]

title=Lone cruiser

unit.0=VEH_cruiser01, 0, 0

[formation.3]

title=Lone Battleship

unit.0=BB62_ai, 0,0

[formation.4]

title=Coast_Guard AER

[formation.5]

title=USCG Camo

unit.0=Veh_USCG_Cutter_Sm, 0,0

[formation.6]

title=Russian Hovercraft

unit.0=CaspianSeaMonster, 0,0

[formation.7]

title=Simple 3 ships fleet

unit.1=VEH_cruiser01, -200, 0

unit.2=VEH_destroyer01, 200, 0

[formation.8]

title=Simple 3 ships fleet (wide)

unit.1=VEH_cruiser01, -600, -100

unit.2=VEH_destroyer01, 600, -100

[formation.9]

title=Full 2 carriers fleet

unit.0=veh_carrier01_high_detail_sm, -400, 400

unit.1=veh_carrier01_high_detail_sm, 400, 400

unit.2=VEH_cruiser01, 0, 1200

unit.3=VEH_cruiser01, 1200, 0

unit.4=VEH_destroyer01, 0, 0

unit.5=VEH_cruiser01, -1200, 0

unit.6=VEH_destroyer01, 400, -400

unit.7=VEH_water_tanker03_sm, -400, -400

unit.8=BB62_ai, 0,600

[formation.10]

title=Convoy

unit.0=VEH_water_supertanker_02_sm, 0, 0

unit.1=Super_tanker_sm, 800,800

unit.2=ship_cranes_sm, 1600, 1600

unit.3=VEH_destroyer01,1200, 400

unit.4=VEH_destroyer01, 400, 1200

[formation.11]

title=Battle Group

unit.0=BB62_ai, 0,0

unit.1=VEH_cruiser01, -400, -400

unit.2=VEH_destroyer01, 400, 400

unit.3=VEH_destroyer01, 400, -300

[formation.12]

title=Super Tanker

unit.0=VEH_water_supertanker_02_sm, 0,0

[formation.13]

title=Super Tanker 2

unit.0=Super_tanker_sm, 0, 0

[formation.14]

title=Ship Cranes

unit.0=ship_cranes_sm, 0, 0

[formation.15]

title=Ferry2

unit.0=ferry2, 0,0

[formation.16]

title=Ferry 3

unit.0=Veh_Istanbul_CarFerry_Sm, 0,0

[formation.17]

title=Freighter

unit.0=Veh_Istanbul_Freighter_Sm, 0,0

[formation.18]

title=Scientific Ship w/helopad

unit.0=Veh_Istanbul_PassengerFerry_Sm, 0,0

[formation.19]

title=Tanker fleet

unit.0=VEH_water_supertanker_02_sm, 0, 800

unit.1=Super_tanker_sm, -800, 0

unit.2=ship_cranes_sm, 800, 0

[formation.20]

title=Cruise fleet

unit.0=cruise_linerA_sm, -600, -600

unit.1=cruise_linerB_sm, 600, -600

unit.2=VEH_water_cruiseship1_sm, 300, -1200

unit.3=VEH_water_cruiseship2_sm, -300, -1200

unit.4=VEH_water_yacht_280ft_sm, 0, 0

[formation.21]

title=Pleasure Boat

unit.0=VEH_water_yacht_280ft_sm, 0, 0

[formation.22]

title=Hovercraft

unit.0=Veh_Airboat_Sm, 0,0

[formation.23]

title=Ghost Ship

unit.0=Veh_water_SulphurQueen_sm, 0,0

[formation.24]

title=Paddle Boat

unit.0=Veh_Greek_Fishingboat_01_Sm, 0,0

[formation.25]

title=Paddle Boat 2

unit.0=Veh_Greek_Fishingboat_05_Sm, 0,0

[formation.26]

title=Water_capsized

unit.0=VEH_water_capsized_sm, 0,0

[formation.27]

title=Lobster Boat

unit.0=Veh_Greek_Fishingboat_02_Sm, 0,0

[formation.28]

title=Small Fishingboat

unit.0=Veh_Greek_Fishingboat_03_Sm, 0,0

[formation.29]

title=Small Shrimp Boat

unit.0=Veh_Greek_Fishingboat_04_Sm, 0,0

[formation.30]

title=Fishingboat Black

unit.0=VEH_water_fishingboatlg01_Sm, 0,0

[formation.31]

title=Fishigboat Red

unit.0=VEH_water_fishingboatlg02_sm, 0,0

[formation.32]

title=Fishingboat Gail

unit.0=Veh_Istanbul_Fishingboat_Sm, 0,0

[formation.33]

title=Fisherman 1

[formation.34]

title=Fisherman 2

unit.0=PPL_Fisherman2_sm, 0,0

[formation.35]

title=Fisherman 3

unit.0=PPL_Fisherman3_sm, 0,0

[formation.36]

title=Fisherman SM

unit.0=Fisherman_sm, 0,0

[formation.37]

title=Kayaker SM

unit.0=Kayaker_sm, 0,0

[formation.38]

title=Kayakers Per

unit.0=PPL_Kayaker1_sm, 0,0

[formation.39]

title=Kayaker 4

unit.0=PPL_Kayaker4_sm, 0,0

[formation.40]

title=Stretcher

unit.0=Stretcher_sm, 0,0

[formation.41]

title=Rescue Swimmer

unit.0=Rescue_Swimmer_sm, 0,0

[formation.42]

title=Swimmer 1

unit.0=PPL_Swimmer1_sm, 0,0

[formation.43]

title=Climber 3

unit.0=PPL_Climber3_sm, 0,0

[formation.44]

title=Climber SM

unit.0=Climber_sm, 0,0

[formation.45]

title=RESCUE RAFT 1

unit.0=Veh_Greek_Fishingboat_01_Sm, 0,0

unit.1=PPL_Fisherman1_sm, 0,2

[formation.46]

title=RESCUE Raft 3

unit.0=Veh_Greek_Fishingboat_05_Sm, 0,0

unit.1=PPL_Fisherman1_sm, 0,2

unit.2=PPL_Fisherman3_sm, 7,7

unit.3=PPL_Swimmer1_sm, -7,-5

[formation.47]

title=RESCUE Flipped Yacht 2

unit.0=VEH_water_capsized_sm, 0,0

unit.1=Rescue_Swimmer_sm, -7,-2.5

unit.2=PPL_Swimmer1_sm,-15,-15

unit.3=PPL_Fisherman3_sm, -14, -4

[formation.48]

title=RESCUE Fishinboat 4

unit.0=Veh_Greek_Fishingboat_03_Sm, 0,0

unit.1=Fisherman_sm, -3,1.5

unit.2=PPL_Fisherman2_sm, 0,-3

unit.3=PPL_Fisherman1_sm, 0,-5

unit.4=PPL_Fisherman3_sm, -10, -10

[formation.49]

title=RESCUE Kayakers

unit.0=PPL_Kayaker1_sm, 0,0

unit.1=Kayaker_sm, 0,0

[formation.50]

title=RESCUE Swimmer

unit.0=PPL_Swimmer1_sm, 0,0

unit.1=PPL_Fisherman3_sm, 7,7

[formation.51]

title=Humvee_sm

unit.0=Humvee_sm, 0,0

[formation.52]

title=Town Fire Truck

unit.0=Veh_Truck_Fire_New_1_sm, 0,0

[formation.53]

title=Police Cruiser

unit.0=Veh_police_Cruiser_Sm, 0,0

[formation.54]

title=Fire Captian

unit.0=Veh_FireCaptain_SUV_1_Sm, 0,0

[formation.55]

title=Ambulance Square

unit.0=VEH_AmbulanceUS, 0,0

[formation.56]

title=Ambulance Volksvagen

unit.0=VEH_AmbulanceEur, 0,0

[formation.57]

title=FireTruck Airport Square

unit.0=Veh_Air_Firetruck_US_Red_sm, 0,0

[formation.58]

title=Fire Truck Square Yellow

unit.0=VEH_Air_FireTruck_US_Green_sm, 0,0

[formation.59]

title=Fire Truck Bradley

unit.0=VEH_Air_FireTruck_Euro_sm, 0,0

[formation.60]

title=EMERGENCY party

unit.0=Veh_Truck_Fire_New_1_sm, 0,15

unit.1=Veh_police_Cruiser_Sm, 0,0

unit.2=Veh_police_Cruiser_Sm, 15,-2

unit.3=Veh_FireCaptain_SUV_1_Sm, 7,24

unit.4=Veh_Air_Firetruck_US_Red_sm, 15,20

unit.5=VEH_Air_FireTruck_Euro_sm, 12,40

unit.6=VEH_Air_FireTruck_Euro_sm, 0,35

unit.7=VEH_AmbulanceUS, 10,7

You very welcome!

Sad part is unfortunately saving flights does not save location of AI objects, or at least I don't know how to tweak it to do it. I was trying to design mission (as saved flight) and post it files here – available to all, unfortunately once FSX is closed, locations of all AI object are reset – they all disappear. Hence posting files of saved flights will not work.

Other maybe possible ways of doing same, I can think of would be to :

1. Somehow convert dynamic ships and victims from "Boat" and "Misc" folder to static add on (yet still functioning) scenery which can be defined where it is to be positioned. By "still functioning" I mean victims grabbing hoist wire.

2. Probably best and most elegant way would be, to somehow tweak Shipyard tool (….or try asking nicely Aerosoft to think about adding this capability – wink, wink LOL), so its able to add dynamic multiple objects to defined location. Multiple, because this would allow creating fishing boat with fisherman waiting rescue just as on pictures above.

3. Simply create mission files. I think Microsoft published tools and manuals somewhere how to do it.

Problem is doing anything what mentioned above, at this point is beyond my understanding – possibly beyond my capacity. Will try to read some Microsoft articles to see will they en light me.

Great Work X-man,

I'm a late adopter of Accel and have been loving the helo missions. Having added aicarriers lifes getting a whole lot better even in freeflight. Have you found a way to use the LHD and Xcraft with it?? I suspect they are pure scenery objects as opposed to 'boats' since they all sit in the Aerosoft_Ship folder. I'll have to investigate further.

Have you found a way to use the LHD and Xcraft with it??

No I haven't.

Also reading tutorial about mission building from fsinsider I didn't go too far. It mentions some new "tool" options on "task bar" which suppose to appear after installing SDK, where it's not clear is it "system task bar" or some sort of FSX "task bar". Anyway I don't see it, and following instruction for SDK installation which I hoped will fix it, made my shipyard stop working – so no thanks. :lol:

How much I love writers which sell lots of mayonnaise ("mayonnaise" being unsubstantial blab which could be easily omitted) in their instructions, yet are vague in important parts. :wacko:

.... It mentions some new "tool" options on "task bar" which suppose to appear after installing SDK, where it's not clear is it "system task bar" or some sort of FSX "task bar". Anyway I don't see it, ....

X-Man,

I think I understand the confussion you are having with the SDK; Here's the solution:

After you've installed the SDK in Windows from the FSX DVD. (But, there is NO Listing or doesn't show Menu items in FSX's toolbar called: Tools [see Pic Below])

post-13668-1235202511_thumb.jpg

then, do the following..

• 1. Open Windows Explorer.

2. Type %AppData%\Microsoft\FSX in the "Address Bar" and press the Enter Key.

3. From the list of file, Open the file: dll.xml using Notepad (in Windows).

4. Look for the following lines in that file and make sure the items in it read: False for all the lines that state:

<Disabled>False</Disabled>
(Note: if those lines DON'T appear or they say TRUE then, insert them in exactly as I have show it to you here and SAVE the file and launch FSX and see if you see the toolbar with the items I mentioned to you above). ONLY MAKE SURE YOU ADD THEM JUST BEFORE/ABOVE THE LINE THAT STATES: </SimBase.Document> This is the code to insert (ONLY if it is missing) just above the line ( </SimBase.Document> ) at the bottom of the page.
<Launch.Addon>
        <Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>
        <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
        <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>
        <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name>
        <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>

Hopes this helps and thanks for sharing the AICarriers add-in's you've created. ;)

• Upvote 1

Thanks for reply James.

Actually it took me a while to understand your instruction, however if I understand all correctly all comes down to replacing all instances of <Disabled>True</Disabled> with <Disabled>False</Disabled> - correct?

After doing so my Tools Menu item (why on earth he called it taskbar – :blink: ) do appears, and clicking "FX Tools" in "Tools" menu starts "FX Edit" window. Unfortunately clicking "Object Placement tool" produces system error:

"The application failed to initialize properly (0x0150004). Click on OK to terminate application".

Note sure is it needed, or you even have idea why, however just in case (to save time and typing) here is my entire dll.xml, after modification:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">

<Descr>Launch</Descr>

<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>

<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

<Launch.Addon>

<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Level-D Simulations</Name>

<Path>Modules\LVLD.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>

<Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

By the way I didn't created AICarrier. I downloaded it as everyone else and by reading instruction for "USS Jersey" (aka. "BB_62" - freeware from simviation) which comes with instruction how to add Battleship to AI, started investigate and found in AICarrier "read me" following line: "Features: (…) - Insert custom ship models (by editing config files)". Afterwards just started to play with different objects using BB_62 analogy and it worked.

Also in regard to my previous post here is what AICarriers License states exactly:

* License *

This software and its source code are in the public domain.

Permission to use, copy, modify and distribute this program for any purpose is

hereby granted, without any conditions or restrictions.

This software is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty.

I think I confused license wording of "Weapons" pack, which I installed about same time and from same site and which is less generous when it comes to permissions, when I was writing original post.

Considering, Aerosoft can feel free adding AICarrier to Jayhawk/Seahawk package, including working hoist and any pre-configured objects (posted by me included) – without any worries whatsoever.

Notably, in my opinion it is very admirable Lamont Clark (AICarrier author), decided to give such a cool add-on free, without any obligation whatsoever,… just as you and Fred by the way are hoping to share your radar.

...Actually it took me a while to understand your instruction, however if I understand all correctly all comes down to replacing all instances of <Disabled>True</Disabled> with <Disabled>False</Disabled> - correct?

YES

After doing so my Tools Menu item (why on earth he called it taskbar – :blink: ) do appears, and clicking "FX Tools" in "Tools" menu starts "FX Edit" window. Unfortunately clicking "Object Placement tool" produces system error:

"The application failed to initialize properly (0x0150004). Click on OK to terminate application".

You are probably missing/needing still to install the Service Pack as well.

HERE: Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK SP1A

Note sure is it needed, or you even have idea why, however just in case (to save time and typing) here is my entire dll.xml, after modification:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">

<Descr>Launch</Descr>

<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>

<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

<Launch.Addon>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Level-D Simulations</Name>

<Path>Modules\LVLD.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>

<Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

I don't think I'll need it because it will probably work after you install the SERVICE PACK.

...By the way I didn't created AICarrier....

Yes, I know ... I meant for your AICarrier.cfg file creations. ;)

Enjoy! ;)

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I wanna say thanks for all the info. This has added a ton more enjoyment outa the Jayhawk package.

Any updates on getting the other aerosoft boats to react as ai?

How about being able to save positions of the ai craft?

Will the default Jayhawk sling (control+W) hoist victims?

JB

• 6 months later...

Even it is old discussion, because since the time of the last post, I managed to figure how to makes victims (to remind: which are capable to fully interact with hoist) to stand on boats and ships decks, I thought I share it (down to bottom instruction how all was done - included at the end of aircarrier.cfg notepade file in the package)

Pictures of some new menu items and download link available at:

www.sar-fsx.com/victims_hoist.html

Direct download link:

www.mediafire.com/hoist

Unfortunately, despise my belief to contrary, it appears none of objects inserted into FSX by "AI Carrier 2" in multiplayer mode are visible to other online users. I suspecting to all likelihood limitation is created more by FSX than AI Carrier 2 and cannot be easily fixed – …unless someone knows how of course.

Anyway because AI Carrier 2 allows inserting objects into geographical points, it is possible for multiplayer users to see same objects in the same places (when two or more users agree and inserted something to same location – each at their end). Idea seems to work and when waypoint is used, objects are placed and visible precisely at same places. Hence: if you trying to land on Aerosoft Coast Guard Cutter helipad (which by the way is now also sailable – given you owe Jayhawk/Seahawk package), that's solve it. Sailing it unfortunately in multiplayer session is problematic, while observing other player hoisting victims onboard their helo's, not possible at all.

I still dreaming about creating some Search and Rescue online session, with say some sinking bout scenery inserted (where only rough area where it is located would be revealed to users), which would allow everyone to search for it and than rescue victims.

It seems adding static scenery objects to online session (or more precisely providing session users with scenery files) would be possible with Abacus CAP SAR – however, for one requiring people do buy (somewhat unpolished to make things worse) payware is not really reasonable, for two searching for say raft than inserting capsized sailboat yourself in order to hoist victims lacks elegance.

Wondering does anyone has any good ideas?

In regard to package, I think I give myself some time to test it online (it's not easy to find people willing to do it), probably will add few more RESCUE boats and vehicles, than will publish it at some public library: (Avism, Simviation etc)

By the way, because thanks to Lemont Clark (original author), AI Carrier 2 is open free project, anyone wishing to do own version and/or use any of my stuff - feel absolutely free to do so.

To be honest, I'm bit surprised Aerosoft itself didn't included either provided in this thread AI Carrier version, or their own, to Jayhawk/Seahawk installer already. Ability of playing with hoist and victims in prime time USCG Helicopters seems to me as something which really would make Jayhawk more. I bet there are very few Jaykhawk/Seahawk owner which are even aware of this ability.

• 1 month later...