A318 view very slow

Hi

First, I just want to say I love this aircraft! I'm only learning, but I got a quite a way. The one thing I'm waiting for is a good video that shows a cold & dark startup with commentary! 

My big problem though, is looking around with my joystick hat. I'm afraid I don't have much hardware, and normally this is fine, but in this aircraft it is very slow! If I want to look left or right for example, it takes ages. It's easier to use the space bar +right mouse button, but I like the joystick hat as well. Why is it so slow to look around on this aircraft? 

Gaz

Hi Gaz

Here is a good step by step for the cold & dark checklist - & other general procedures - Once you find your way around the cockpit it's fairly simple to follow the checklists 

Hope this helps

1 hour ago, GaryMcCl said:

If I want to look left or right for example, it takes ages. It's easier to use the space bar +right mouse button, but I like the joystick hat as well.

In testing, I found this due to a problem with the install AND/OR possibly a shaders issue.

First I'd try resetting the P3DV4.3 shaders by deleting the folder, which will be rebuilt the next time you start P3D.  See Step 7 below:

If that doesn't work, I'd try uninstalling and reinstalling the Airbus via the following procedure (verbatim):

THIS PROCEDURE TAKES ABOUT 15 MINUTES, DEPENDING OF COURSE ON YOUR INTERNET SPEED.

1. UNINSTALL VIA THE WINDOWS PROGRAM MANAGER.
2. REMOVE ANY REMAINING AIRBUS FOLDERS (WHERE EVER YOU INSTALLED IT TO, DEFAULT LOCATION IS THE DOCUMENTS FOLDER WHERE YOU'LL FIND TWO (2) FOLDERS NAMED “AEROSOFT” AND “AEROSOFT A318-A319 PROFESSIONAL”
3. REBOOT
4. DISABLE COMPUTER SECURITY SOFTWARE.
5. RIGHT CLICK ON THE AIRBUS INSTALLER AND SELECT RUN “AS ADMIN”
6. REINSTALL THE AIRBUS AND REBOOT.
7. DELETE THE P3DV4.3 SHADERS FOLDER, WHICH CAN BE FOUND AT:
C:\USERS\[YOUR USERNAME]\APPDATA\LOCAL\LOCKHEED MARTIN\PREPAR3D V4
8. IN YOUR COMPUTER SECURITY SOFTWARE, PLEASE EXCLUDE THE “AEROSOFT” AND “AEROSOFT A318-A319 PROFESSIONAL” FOLDERS.
9. RE-ENABLE YOUR COMPUTER SECURITY SOFTWARE.
10. LAUNCH P3DV4.3, AND CLOSE IMMEDIATELY AFTER REACHING THE INITIAL WINDOW. DO NOT LOAD THE AIRCRAFT.
11. CLOSE P3DV4.3.
12. IF YOU HAVE FIREWALL SOFTWARE, PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU ALLOW THE AS UPDATER.
13. RUN THE AS UPDATER.

10 hours ago, pgreenwo said:

Here is a good step by step for the cold & dark checklist

Thanks for this, but I have to admit, I'm totally confused. The first video looks like it's perfect for the new Professional series, yet the YouTube publishing date is set in 2014! 

Thanks for that. It might work for the new Professional version. 

10 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

In testing, I found this due to a problem with the install AND/OR possibly a shaders issue

Thanks - I'll e how it goes. 

Gaz

39 minutes ago, GaryMcCl said:

Thanks for this, but I have to admit, I'm totally confused. The first video looks like it's perfect for the new Professional series, yet the YouTube publishing date is set in 2014! 

Thanks for that. It might work for the new Professional version. 

Thanks - I'll e how it goes. 

Gaz

Hi - The new and old versions are the same in terms of cold and dark set up so you should be ok. 

Following the manual test flight is a huge benefit as it illustrates the correct checklist and where to find the relevant switch in correct order etc.

Very simple after a few flights following the guides

11 minutes ago, pgreenwo said:

The new and old versions are the same in terms of cold and dark

Great stuff. Thanks for that. 

Gaz

Archived