After Offset lost of Navdatas

Lothar

With A319: I`ve flown on my flightlevel ( 360) an used the offset-function --- right 3 Miles offset.One moment everything was correct as planed. But abeam  the next waypoint the complete flightplan and performance data were lost at MCDU. Continue of flight was impossible.

Lothar

Hi Dave,

on the next flight to test the offset-function I got a stable flightplan. But the offset does`nt work accurate. The programmed last point to leave the offset are not maintained. Random just some waypoints earlier the FMGC left the offset.

The Bus is great, this offset is`nt most important, but it `ld be fine to rectify it.

Lothar

• 2 months later...

I tried an offset today for storm avoidance and have a question that may be related to the original post.  My flight plan was:

KLGB N0461F370 FRITR3 CNERY DCT BLH J169 TFD J50 ELP J2 FST DCT DILLO LAIKS2 KAUS

Due to thunderstorms at ITEMM, I tried an L10 offset beginning at about TOTEC and set ALIBY as the end waypoint.  SSO (San Simon) was the last waypoint prior to ALIBY.  What I observed is that the aircraft acquires the offset path rather quickly (as I expected), but is rather lazy in requiring the original flight plan at the exit end of the offset.  It began the turn back to the original flight plan at SSO, but didn't acquire until ALIBY, a distance of about 78 nm.

Graphical representation thanks to FSXTracker:

Please login to display this image.

TOTEC is the point of depature, point of exiting the offset is abeam San Simon.  Reacquisition of original path at ALIBY (at A/C position shown).

Shouldn't the exit end of the offset be similar in length to the entry?  I could see ATC not enjoying such "lazy" progress.  Or is this actually as intended/realistic?

A320 IAE; 1.2.1.0

Archived