ATC Radios tuning - no transmit?

Adamski_NZ

Please don't laugh at me: I know P3D (and FSX) ATC is an absolute joke ... but I was stress-testing my system to see if simultaneous wav file replay may be a problem (I don't think it is) so I "tuned in" to P3D ATC.

The first prompt ("Request Clearance") worked fine ... but after that, it appears that I can tune and *receive/listen to* all the other frequencies (ATIS, Ground, Tower etc.), but it's as if "transmit" is disabled. I get no further ATC prompts or selections - though I can hear (and see the text) for communication between ATC and other aircraft.

I twiddled and fiddled everything I could think of to put the radio(s) into transmit mode, but no luck.

Hardly earth-shattering in terms of importance, but I wonder whether:

1. Other people get the same issue.

2. Whether it's even worth fixing (LOL!).

This was with the A319 - and I tried with and without the F/O doing the checklist, in case he flipped a switch I'd missed.

Adam.

Mathijs ... daft old me ... I found it's the old "Start with a P3D default aircraft" thing again - that usually initialises P3D properly. I think it's recommended for any "complex" aircraft and I should have known better (or not been lazy).

I was starting clean/straight in to saved scenario from the startup screen without having pre-loaded a default aircraft.

If I load the Maule then either go to the A319 (or load the scenario), all is well.

Is this the correct/recommended method for starting up the A/S Airbuses? I did a quick scan of the docs to see what the recommended procedure was but couldn't see it mentioned.

Adam.

After some further testing, it appears that I can't get saved Airbus scenarios to initialise the radios properly (no matter how I create or load them). I have to create a default scenario with all the settings (location, flight plan etc.) with a default P3D aircraft, then launch it. I then switch to the Airbus manually.

Not a huge deal ;)

Adam.

Archived