MCDU3 in Virtual Reality

truthknown9

Hi guys,

Fantastic job with this airplane! One thing that has been difficult for me is flying in VR and trying to use MCDU3, which is integral for operation of this product. Because it is not integrated into the main MCDUs and is a popup window, it makes it rather difficult to operate in VR. First, it will not open the popup when in VR mode. I must exit VR mode to open it. It will remain open if I switch back to VR mode as P3D 4.3 supports it, but once I close the popup, its not opening again until I exit VR mode to open it again. Naturally, that is quite annoying, and disorienting. And while P3D supports popups in VR now, they are still a bit cumbersome to use in VR mode. Best approach would have been to have this integrated into MCDU 1/2 as a submenu of the main menu page. Hoping this may be done in a future patch!

Thanks,

Chris Lezama

I got it to work at least. You have to open it in non-VR mode and drag it to the upper left corner of the screen. Once in VR, it will popup in your front view. Click the top row of MCDU1 to open, right click to close. It works fine. Still wish it was built into the main MCDUs as that would be a lot easier.

Archived