Beaver X improvements wish list

Zemke

I have been using Beaver and Beaver X from day one of their existence (thanks for the small priced update).

I just love these planes and they are a real joy to fly.

Nevertheless, they are still small glitches that bother me:

- Prop spinners cannot be chromed rendered

- Floats are shinning when they shouldn't (unless they are painted). I tried every possible tricks with the alpha channel with no success. The dull old aluminium color cannot be rendered

- Water deflectots on the front inside of floats are missing (existing on the stock Beaver)

- Windows are not as reflective as they should

- VC textures, although a great improvement over FS9 model, are still not of a great standard (compare to the stock Beaver), they look relatively blurry (probably a problem linked to their size)

- Rendering of the instruments in the panel is not so good, they are too deeply burried in the panel.

- Three D radio buttons prevents any change in the radio arrangement. This is a shame considering that in real life, they are no two similar Beaver panels. It would be fine to have a choice of interior MDL to be able to switch them between varous Plane MDL. Every one could customize its aircraft to his own tests or to recreate real life aircraft. This is true for panels but also for interiors (passengers or various freight loads in the cabin)

- Finaly, better spray effects would be very welcome, the stock one being far from realistic, specialy when you slow down, that heavy fog at no speed has no meaning.

I think most of these could be easily corrected (specially all the "paint" stuff) and anyway, anyone is free to dream...

Thanks for your hardwork and long life to the geat Aerosoft Beaver.

PS: A turbine version will also be most welcome (even if long ago, you mentinoned that a "real" Beaver should be piston Powered).

On a buiseness point of view, it should'nt be too bad as you could sell a brand new model for half the development cost...

• Aerosoft
I have been using Beaver and Beaver X from day one of their existence (thanks for the small priced update).

I just love these planes and they are a real joy to fly.

Nevertheless, they are still small glitches that bother me:

- Prop spinners cannot be chromed rendered

- Floats are shinning when they shouldn't (unless they are painted). I tried every possible tricks with the alpha channel with no success. The dull old aluminium color cannot be rendered

- Water deflectots on the front inside of floats are missing (existing on the stock Beaver)

- Windows are not as reflective as they should

- VC textures, although a great improvement over FS9 model, are still not of a great standard (compare to the stock Beaver), they look relatively blurry (probably a problem linked to their size)

- Rendering of the instruments in the panel is not so good, they are too deeply burried in the panel.

- Three D radio buttons prevents any change in the radio arrangement. This is a shame considering that in real life, they are no two similar Beaver panels. It would be fine to have a choice of interior MDL to be able to switch them between varous Plane MDL. Every one could customize its aircraft to his own tests or to recreate real life aircraft. This is true for panels but also for interiors (passengers or various freight loads in the cabin)

- Finaly, better spray effects would be very welcome, the stock one being far from realistic, specialy when you slow down, that heavy fog at no speed has no meaning.

I think most of these could be easily corrected (specially all the "paint" stuff) and anyway, anyone is free to dream...

Thanks for your hardwork and long life to the geat Aerosoft Beaver.

PS: A turbine version will also be most welcome (even if long ago, you mentinoned that a "real" Beaver should be piston Powered).

On a buiseness point of view, it should'nt be too bad as you could sell a brand new model for half the development cost...

With a full agenda I don't a turbo model is close (besides, FSX is not really good at those engines), but I made a note of your other comments. Early next year we need to do a few modifications and we'll consider your comments at that moment.

Thanks for the good news Mathijs,

I will try to take sometimes (instead of enjoying flying) to built up a constructive list for your consideration in case of revamping your best seller.

Hi Guy's .

I know that Turbo Beaver's are Rare compared to Radial Beaver's , but

they are Beautiful . Turbo Props arent modelled well in Flight Simulator

either . Next to a Twin Otter , a Turbo Beaver is My Favourite Aircraft .

Mathijs , at least keep a Turbo Beaver in the Back of Your Mind , as

a Future Possible Project .

Have a Great VFR Day .

Kevin

mathijs, i dont know if its fixed yet (cuas i hadndt have the time to update my beaver yet) but when you fly a waterplane beaver, when you put on the parkingbreak in mid-air it does and you have this barge between your floats.

greetz

timo

mathijs, i dont know if its fixed yet (cuas i hadndt have the time to update my beaver yet) but when you fly a waterplane beaver, when you put on the parkingbreak in mid-air it does and you have this barge between your floats.

Yes, i got the updated version and it also does that, all the models i flown have that, you can also take out engine cownlings on air and they appear near the plane, and in wheeled versions with parking brake appear with tyings on air. Its not much annoying for me but if is fixed better :)

It will be nice to have a turbo beaver :wink:

• 6 months later...

During the testing for the review I'm currently writing, I noticed something Ian Pearson (www.screenshotartist.co.uk reviewer) already mentioned in his review: when you look at some of the floats you see some mountains reflected in it. Very strange view when flying around the Bahamas you know... :lol:

That's one item I'd like to see fixed...another one is the lighting in the cockpit which is sometimes not really at FSX standards...some of the instruments are very, very hard to read, really.

If you can fix it before the end of the review you get a five star rating, believe me, the rest of the plane is awesome. Great performance within the sim, a large variety of models and repaints, a nice virtual cockpit, terrific sound compared to the default Beaver (people keep asking me why I bought a Beaver since there's one anyway in the sim - they don't know what they're missing!)...

The already mentioned two other points aren't really major, but neither minor problems...is there some date when you're planning to release the fix and get the Beaver up to 2.35 (or 2.40 if you want ;) )

Something I else I'd like to suggest is the placement of a NAV/GPS switch. I can let the AP follow the flight plan using 'ยต' to switch from NAV to GPS mode, but it's not really handy, cause I'm wondering sometimes "did I set it to GPS already, or not ?

Thanks in advance.

P.S.: I'll wait until you release an update, otherwise my review is useless after the update has been released...