AES and CTD

dfish

Has anyone solved the CTD problem yet? I've tried differant aircraft, yet still get CTD's at various times, mostly takeoffs or approaching AES airports.

Dave Fisher

CYYZ

P4 Prescott 3.2e 478p 800mhz 1mg CPU

P4P800SE Asus Motherboard

2.5 gig PC3200 DDR RAM 400MHZ

GeForce 7600GT/512 OC'd

Maxtor 80 Gig ATA 133 HD x2

WDC WD800 80 Gig HD

Antec 500watt true power

Sharp 19 inch LCD Monitor

Saitek AV8R-01 Joystick

I've read a number of posts regarding this problem. I'm using V1.91.

Here are a few post pointing out the CTD problem,

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/viewtopic.ph...p;highlight=ctd

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/viewtopic.ph...p;highlight=ctd

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/viewtopic.ph...ghlight=aes+ctd

As it stands now I'm unable to use AES due to CTD's.

Dave

• Developer

Ok,

can you please try to replace the BGL you find in this post:

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/viewtopic.ph...1&start=228

There a small change is done, which is the only reason I see why AES can generate the CTD.

On the other side, there are many installations outside without any problems, so I expect that you problem is more a special combination.

As allways in this case, it is very difficult to isolate the problem.

The first test must be to check AES at a uncritical airport (like EDDN default) with a default airplane.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all.

I've been monitoring this thread for a while now.

I seem to have some trouble with the AES and different AES airports. And ONLY AES Airports.

1. DFS EBBR.

On every final into EBBR (doesn't matter which rwy) I get a CTD whenever I have AES turned on.... very frustrating

I've tried almost everything trying to pinpoint the reason. No luck though.

I've tried to patch ActiveCamera 2004 after i read about the update to cure the crash - No luck

Then I uninstalled AC2004 - No luck

Then i tried to turn off AES - everything seemed to work fine - NO CTD

I might add that I take-off from ESGG (Gothenburg, Sweden) using the SwedFlight Scenery - Not AES compatible.

Here's what i get from FS on the crash

AppName: fs9.exe AppVer: 9.1.0.40901 ModName: vimaiscn.dll

ModVer: 2004.0.14.0 Offset: 00005c90

2. SimWings Canaries - GCTS, GCFV etc.

On these I've been able to land after uninstalled AciveCamera 2004 - So this was causing some havoc :-)

But after I've landed and want's to call up the Marshaller - as soon as I hit F3 I get a crash - I don't have the error here now - but can edit this post the next time I spend 5 hours on this trip.......

On this trip my departure airport is EKCH (Copenhagen, Denmark) also from SwedFlight and also not AES compatible.

And i'm flying the FT/Wilco A320CFM using AIRAC 0706 - I'm running AES 1.92a. Also I'm running this on a WinXP x64 (If this matters)

What should I do here - since I don't whant to just leave AES - It's such a great add-on - I would greatly appreciate some advice to get it to work.

Best regards

Jesper

• Developer

Hi Jesper,

I will report the CTD Data to the developer of Intelliscene, maybe he can give a tip.

Can you please try the flight again (no AES airport to EBBR), but place your aircraft first on a AES airport (like EBBR) and then change to the non AES start airport.

I want to know, if the CTD maybe only happens, when AES is the first time loaded while the approach, which will happen, when you start the FS on a non AES Airport and then fly to a AES airport.

Hi Oliver.

That actually worked - I landed succesfully in Brussels Rwy 25L

After I started the sim in Brussels and then moved to Gothenburg.

Just one other thing though - I called up the Marshaller after I had vacated - this also worked fine now - selected stand 152 - and started taxi there following the Marshaller - when we got there the stand was already occupied - shouldn't AES clear the stand when I select it initially?

Thanks

Jesper

• Developer
Hi Oliver.

That actually worked - I landed succesfully in Brussels Rwy 25L

After I started the sim in Brussels and then moved to Gothenburg.

Just one other thing though - I called up the Marshaller after I had vacated - this also worked fine now - selected stand 152 - and started taxi there following the Marshaller - when we got there the stand was already occupied - shouldn't AES clear the stand when I select it initially?

Thanks

Jesper

Ok,

it is possible, that the loadup process of AES in the first time gets problems, when you "fly in" a AES airport the first time after load. In the next version this process will change a littlebit, so maybe the CTD is gone. Until it is available, use the workaround to go first one time to a AES airport, bevor you start on a non AES Airport your flight.

Regarding Followme: AES has no infos about AI Aircrafts, so it is not able yet to see, which position is used. When you call the FS ATC first to get a position, you can then enter this one to AES and you will get a free one.

AES will offer you all Position it will service.