where is the Client download?

unc1rlm

Reading Chapter 8 but not sure if I install a 2nd copy of Simstarter NG on client machine or a Client module..where is it or what do I do.

Thanks,

Bob M.

:lookatthat_s:   lol.....obvious...thanks,   uhmm..maybe spoke too fast...this is a picture of my directory....looks different than yours.

Bob M.

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

If you mean SIMstarter NG Client - this is a client part that is ONLY needed if you would like to start programs on a second computer.

The download can be found here.

But for normal operation you don't need the SIMstarter NG Client.

Thank you. Yeah I am networking. Ok..just curious.. I have Active Sky; EFB2.0; Super Traffic Board etc . I added them in programs on the client and they do launch when I start SimstarterNG  on Main Computer, because I ticked the SimStarterNG  Client for profile. Is there a way on the client machine, these proigrams can be shut down at same time as NG on the Main Computer?

I also notice even though the Shared Folder (inside the Simstarter NG Directory on Main Machine) is read and write ready and shared etc....the folder is empty?

Bob M.

I just added some stuff to my prev post.  Should I tick anything at bottom on client side like: Search..... or Continuous.....

Thank you, 

Bob M.

• Developer

Thats the reason why the Client ist called without "NG". Its simple the client of the former freeware and has this very simple funktion. A new client is planned with more functionality like shutdown, e.g.

Yes this "exchange folder" has to have read/write access from both computers. You can test it by create and changing a .txt file from both maschines.

I did not started with the new client at the moment and there is no time frame planned (due to my main work).

Thanks...learning...I have a "shared folder" only on main machine...do I need one on the clent  side in say a Simstarter directory where the exe is located. If the shared folders are setup correctly..is there some kind of info written there?  Sorry for questions...I will do the text and check permission...I learned how to do that by doing active sky setup for days on end to get it to connect to the sim..

Thanks for all the help.

Warmest Regards,

BOB M.

• Developer

You need one shared folder where the SIMstarter Client can write files and SIMstarter NG can write files. Thats it. Path settings can be adjusted in both programs. Do I get you right?

Yeah...a trigger text finally showed up mysteriously on the P3dv4.3 Machine side. :)  I do have a shared folder on the client  but its blank..no biggee... 

Thank you,

Bob M.

Archived