Non-auto air brakes extend in landing

Miguel_V

1 hour ago, korundar said:

Miguel as you can see in the lower ECAM display, speedbrakes deployed correctly after touchdown. The lever correctly remains in the armed position.

Thank you, I had already noticed, in the next flight I will make an external view, to check the extension, anyway is the only one that the lever does not get extended 100x100, flight with the PMDG and that does not happen to me, in the manuals of Aerosoft does not indicate that it is maintained in armed, while indicating that they are extended.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The lever itself does not move full aft but stays in place in an Airbus. This is not some 1960’s tech like the 737. ;)

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 minutes ago, Miguel_V said:

Thank you, I had already noticed, in the next flight I will make an external view, to check the extension, anyway is the only one that the lever does not get extended 100x100, flight with the PMDG and that does not happen to me, in the manuals of Aerosoft does not indicate that it is maintained in armed, while indicating that they are extended.

The product manual does not explain every system in detail. If you want to learn more about the system, you should search for an FCOM in the internet. The manuals describe only the necessary.

By the way, the lever is for the Speedbrake (Spoiler 2, 3 and 4), you arm with the same lever the Groundspoiler (Spoiler 1 to 5).

10 minutes ago, Frank Docter said:

The lever itself does not move full aft but stays in place in an Airbus. This is not some 1960’s tech like the 737. ;)

8 minutes ago, masterhawk said:

The product manual does not explain every system in detail. If you want to learn more about the system, you should search for an FCOM in the internet. The manuals describe only the necessary.

By the way, the lever is for the Speedbrake (Spoiler 2, 3 and 4), you arm with the same lever the Groundspoiler (Spoiler 1 to 5).

Thanks to the two, I have been moderately clear, I understand that it is so, if they extend as indicated by the ECAM but the lever is held in that position of arming. I was just surprised the first day because I'm used to the PMDG

Effectively air brakes are deployed I've checked with an external view when landing, that's what I should have done since day one.

As far as I'm concerned you can close the thread of discussion.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived