throttle not spooling up

Mr Rob 1982

hi all

i have encountered a problem with thr throttles. 

i use a xbox controller for sped and movement ( yes i know i should use a proper throttle but hey :-))  but when i try to spool up nothing happens with either my controller or even when i try to click the throttle using the mouse it just stays at 0.  i am able to put it in reverse but nothing else apart from that making the plane unusable.

i have tried to reinstall the aircraft but to no avail . is their a setting i am missing or anything i can do to make the plane move forward. 

many thanks  

Sorry to hear you are experiencing problems.

Yes, our product requirement is a traditional joystick (and thus we don't traditionally support Xbox controllers), though a few others have used a XBox controller successfully.

With that said, I don't think the problem is your XBox controller - it might be, but my first guess is that something else is going wrong here.

1. Are you 100% sure that the controller is mapped to the controls correctly?  Would you please double check this?

2. Also, please ensure that you don't have any other controls mapped that may be interfering with the thrust lever controls.

3. Which start up state are you starting in?

4. I realize that you installed/reinstalled the Airbus Pro, but if you didn't use the procedure below, would you kindly try using it?

1. Uninstall via the Windows Program Manager,
2. Remove any remaining Airbus Folders (where ever you installed it to, default location is the Documents folder. The names of the folders are: Aerosoft and Airbus Professional A318 A319.
3. Reboot
4. Disable computer security software.
5. Run the Airbus Installer “As Admin”
6. Reinstall the Airbus
7. Update the Airbus via the AS Updater.
8. Re-enable computer security, and exclude both Airbus folders (see above) in your computer security.
9. Reboot.

20 hours ago, FCR said:

hi all

i have encountered a problem with thr throttles. 

i use a xbox controller for sped and movement ( yes i know i should use a proper throttle but hey :-))  but when i try to spool up nothing happens with either my controller or even when i try to click the throttle using the mouse it just stays at 0.  i am able to put it in reverse but nothing else apart from that making the plane unusable.

i have tried to reinstall the aircraft but to no avail . is their a setting i am missing or anything i can do to make the plane move forward. 

many thanks  

Do you have the same with other aircraft? I also had some throttle issues in P3Dv4.3, and copied over my setting from P3Dv4.2. I have attached my settings, worth a try? Place the 2 files in the following folder:

C:\Users\[YourUsername]\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Controls

Back-up your current files to be sure.

Controls.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Dear sres, I have installed the airbus in prepar3dv4, and I find that the throttle can not be configured either through the FSUIPC nor with the controls of the own simulator. It also does not work with the mouse. I can only use it with the F2 and F3 keys. I have installed a Virtual Fly flight deck, with the Quadrant6 throttle, which suits me well with all the aircraft, using the FSUIPC, but in this case I can not configure the Airbus. Will they have any solution for this problem?
Thank you
regards

Please login to display this image.

Archived