seat belts signs, during approach checklist

This was brought up before and the topic closed before solving my problem.

I have done three complete flights so far ,using the pilot/copliot checklist system which I am familiar with from the previous Aerosoft Airbusses.

During the descent the "approach checklist" text turns orange and I click on it to start the checklist. The copliot progresses through it until "cabin signs" is the next item mentioned and at that point rapid clicking is heard, which is the switch trying to switch itself on and off repeatedly, and the copilot keeps repeating the words "cabin signs" and the checklist goes no further.

If I cancel the pilot/copilot checklist system I can switch the seatbelt sign on manually, but as soon as I reactivate the automatic checklist the switch goes back to the rapid oscillation between on and off and the checklist remains stalled.

The aircraft still behaves normally and flies and lands under managed control etc but I can not use any of the later pilot/copilot automatic checklists, which I think is a great feature of the Aerosoft software.

This behaviour has occurred in the three flights I have completed so far which were at different altitudes and to different destinations, one in the 319 and two in the 318.

It is a beautifully modelled aircraft both graphically and systems wise, congratulations for that! And the documentation takes some beating too!

I hope this issue is easily resolved, perhaps although I have worked through the "step by step" instructions. I may have missed something.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The Cabin Signs should be switched on after passing 10.000 feet. So during the APPR CL they should already be ON..... Try it this way and you should have no problems........

Regards,

Rolf

• Deputy Sheriffs

But if you do not use the Copilot even there should be a call regading the CABIN SIGNS when passing 10.000 feet .......

FYI, I had this same problem, however I had set the seatbelt signs prior to 10,000 feet (I did it as I started my 2nd descent phase).  As above, there was no way to fix the behavior through landing except to completely disable the checklists.  I understand that the seatbelt signs should be on before 10,000 feet, but there's also times when you start the approach checklist "high" because of a rapid approach and high workload and the signs may not be on, so this behavior could cause a major problem.  Because of my high workload, I couldn't disable the checklist until after landing, making it very annoying.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry I do not agree ...... In RL there are also a lot of things which have to be done during descent. If you are not able to handle all those by yourself in the right way and at the right time, then use the copilot who will help you like in RL to make the necessary settings at the right time....... This is exact the reason why we implemented the CL and Copilot function e g. so you can fly like in RL with exact procedures. But if you want to use your own procedures - which of course you can do - then do not expect that the CL and the Copilot will follow those - just switch both OFF.......  - and do what you like.

Regards,

Rolf

Rolf, here's the thing though - turning on the seatbelt signs shouldn't break the system, and it is.  This is a programming issue, not a "realism" one.  In Real Life, most airlines dictate that the seatbelt signs be turned once final descent has been initiated.  That means if you're on a STAR that has an optimized descent, you could be turning it on as soon as you begin your descent from cruise, especially going into major US airports where the profile descent is a big thing now.  I've been using FS for quite some time now and I've used various addons with "co-pilots" and 3rd party programs (like FS2Crew and Multi-Crew Experience) to add a "co-pilot".  None of these have ever broken because a switch was already on or off before running a checklist.  Occasionally, it will turn something to the other state instead of leaving it in position, but it never stops the system from working.  For an addon of the quality that Aerosoft wants, this shouldn't be a question of whether it's a bug that needs to be fixed or not.  It simply gets fixed because it's a point of failure that prevents the system from working.

• Deputy Sheriffs

On which update revision you are? I just tried using the actual one 1.0.1.3 and also looked into the code. There is no problem to switch on the cabin signs after initial descent has been iniated....... and also passing 10.000 feet this is recognized ........

Regards,

Rolf

I was using 1.0.0.0 and just updated to 1.0.1.0 Hotfix 1 (the only update available through the updater) and I left the seatbelt sign alone (with the CoPilot on) until I got to 8000 feet (but still above transition level) and then I tried to turn on both the PED and Seatbelt signs and they were both automatically cycled back to off, even if I disabled the CoPilot.  I will re-run the updater and see if it shows me 1.0.1.3.

I'm still not seeing 1.0.1.3, only 1.0.1.0 Hotfix 1, but that did fix the issue.  Are you sure 1.0.1.3 has been released to the public?  I'm using Updater v1.1.6.0, which should be the most current version.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Yes, update 1.0.1.3 has been released and I see it if I open the UPDATER...... So please open a new topic on the right section to fix this for you .....

Regards,

Rolf

• Hanse locked this topic

Archived