Aerosoft's plans for Mega Airport Dublin in P3DV4

CathalB

Hi,

After my post in the 'request X' thread about Dublin gained some traction,  i was wondering if somebody could answer my question: Is the conversion of this scenery -> P3DV4 a 'port' over to V4 or is it more complex? I am desperately searching for any kind of Dublin scenery but there is absolutely nothing - does anybody have an idea of when and if aerosoft are looking at Mega Airport Dublin? AFAIK it is one of the only Mega Airports not on the 'to do' list for the compatability in V4.

Thanks!

Yeah, I hope so too.  Such an amazing airport.  I do still use the existing version though.  There are many benefits to keeping older sim versions installed.

From what I understood it would need some work. Some of the scenery can be ported over, other parts would need to be redeveloped.

The developer of Dublin is currently working on Geneva. From my point of view I'd say halt the development of Geneva for a while and make Dublin compatible first. Does that mean I don't want Geneva? Of course I do, but I want Dublin more. After they've finished Dublin they can move on with Geneva, it'll only have to hold for a little while. That'll be worth it. Of course, that's just my opinion. Others are free to think different.

2 hours ago, PatrickZ said:

From what I understood it would need some work. Some of the scenery can be ported over, other parts would need to be redeveloped.

The developer of Dublin is currently working on Geneva. From my point of view I'd say halt the development of Geneva for a while and make Dublin compatible first. Does that mean I don't want Geneva? Of course I do, but I want Dublin more. After they've finished Dublin they can move on with Geneva, it'll only have to hold for a little while. That'll be worth it. Of course, that's just my opinion. Others are free to think different.

Yes that's a good point, I forgot about Geneva. I would agree that Dublin would be great to put first - it's a much more popular airport in the simming community and real life.

• 2 weeks later...

Would love Dublin in P3D v4. Cannot come soon enough - there isn't even any freeware that will do so I don't fly out of there. That makes it difficult because Aer Lingus pretty much only fly out of there

I was tinkering away with the scenery files, basically removing them one by one to see what effect they would have.

If you remove cvxDUBLIN_GROUND.BGL from the scenery folder and place it somewhere safe then the airport looks a whole lot better than it does with it. The grass and taxiways aren't textured but you get the airport models and the scenery is usable.

I slewed around and no problems really bar one or two flickering textures which I can personally live with.

It will do for now until someone else does Dublin for P3D v4

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. Mathias answered this three times since first asked on July 22. No point in keeping this open, and please don't start a new one on the same subject. 

• Herman locked this topic

Archived