Minor problems after updating to SP1

20 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

I tried FSX SP2 and FSX SE with and without EzDok v2 and FSUIPC 4.971. I also tested the original nav database as well as the most current NDP and Navigraph versions. Also loading via Free Flight window and different aircraft states, but no cigar yet. POS INIT as well as FPLN pages worked just fine in any other over 50 attempts. I'm pretty sure that there's some external reason for this.

Can you send me your dll.xml and exe.xml files? They're located in %appdata%\Microsoft\FSX (or FSX-SE for the Steam Edition) so I can see what third party stuff is installed? Thanks.

Here you go Hans, they are in the zip file.

dll and xml Vinceki.zip

On 8/1/2018 at 3:55 AM, Hans Hartmann said:

I tried FSX SP2 and FSX SE with and without EzDok v2 and FSUIPC 4.971. I also tested the original nav database as well as the most current NDP and Navigraph versions. Also loading via Free Flight window and different aircraft states, but no cigar yet. POS INIT as well as FPLN pages worked just fine in any other over 50 attempts. I'm pretty sure that there's some external reason for this.

Can you send me your dll.xml and exe.xml files? They're located in %appdata%\Microsoft\FSX (or FSX-SE for the Steam Edition) so I can see what third party stuff is installed? Thanks.

Hi Hans,

Here you go.  Thanks for looking into this.

Cheers!

ddl&exe - Exodusjpg.zip

On 1.8.2018 at 23:10, jaime7833 sagte:

unfortunately I have the same problem with the CDU with the output. It is impossible to add the airport of origin. and clearly with this you can not fly in any way.
It is funny because it started to fail with the update of V1.2 before it did not happen.
Maybe some conflict with the update of the cdu

Same here, very annoying!

• Developer
vor 7 Stunden , Elepferd sagte:

Same here, very annoying!

Especially for me, since it's not happening here, no matter what I install or try. I'm still on it though.

On 5.8.2018 at 16:49, Hans Hartmann sagte:

Especially for me, since it's not happening here, no matter what I install or try. I'm still on it though.

Its not just the destination for me, also Flight Number and every other field on this page. I wondered that after entering the destination, "EXEC" shortly flickers (without clicking the EXEC-Button, just L1) and then the field is clearing. Hope this helps.

• Developer
On 9.8.2018 at 19:48, Elepferd sagte:

Its not just the destination for me, also Flight Number and every other field on this page. I wondered that after entering the destination, "EXEC" shortly flickers (without clicking the EXEC-Button, just L1) and then the field is clearing. Hope this helps.

Yes, I noticed the same when I had a teamviewer session with another customer where I could see the issue. However this whole problem only seems to concern 32-bit platform, not 64-bit. The funny thing is though that both CRJ versions use 100% identical code for the FMC. The only difference is the compiler target. That doesn't make it easier to track down :-(

• Developer

OK, I still can't reproduce the problem, but I found one other thing that caused trouble and this trouble might be related to the FMS data entry issue. In any case, it prevented that the CRJ loaded the proper aircraft state on startup - another nicely hidden difference between FSX and P3D.

I would like to ask everybody with this issue to give this file a try: ASCRJ_20180812.7z (FSX/P3D3 only; Copy to <Sim>\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft CRJ Base\panel)

I have the same issue when using Dave to set C&D.  The 'configuring aircraft' text does not go away and the green 'available' external power light does not illuminate.  P3D v4.3 - if I understand correctly, the file above is only for P3D v3?

• Developer
vor 27 Minuten, richbonneau sagte:

I have the same issue when using Dave to set C&D.  The 'configuring aircraft' text does not go away and the green 'available' external power light does not illuminate.  P3D v4.3.

This thread is about the FMS input issue in FSX. Please don't hijack threads. Thanks

50 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

This thread is about the FMS input issue in FSX. Please don't hijack threads. Thanks

Apologies, but the very first post in this thread is exactly the issue I am experiencing.  Is there another post for that?  My search pointed me to this one.

I still have the same issues as you have seen. I also have tried the file for the base panel/ Just a question  I see when I  deinstall that all the files from the CRJ are not removed. Normally after a installing a new program theres a window flight simulator is attempting to start etc etc this does not show on a new installation

@Hans Hartmann

I installed the new file and it worked! I can now enter everything in the FMC and the panel is loaded correctly (except for the throttles, they are still in IDLE instead of SHUT OFF).

Thanks for the effort and time you spent solving this problem.

Vince

• Developer
Vor 1 Stunde, Fred Pickering sagte:

Normally after a installing a new program theres a window flight simulator is attempting to start etc etc this does not show on a new installation

You only get this message if it's an actual new gauge file that has never been run before on your PC (they're saved at the end of FSX.cfg). If you just return to a previous version then you don't get a message.

6 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

@Elepferd  @Vinceki  @Exodusjpg @Fred Pickering

I would need some feedback on the pinned post in this thread please to see whether the issue is fixed or not. Thank you.

Hi @Hans Hartmann,

I can confirm that this fixed the problem for me as well.  Thanks much for the help!

Archived