Minor problems after updating to SP1

Hey all,

I am experiencing some minor issues with the CRJ. These issues, however, existed already before updating to SP1. These issues are:

1. The panel state doesn't load correctly. I set the default panel state to Cold & Dark via the FMC. However when starting a flight, this panel state is loaded wrong. Examples of things being loaded wrong are: throttles are in idle instead of cutoff, one IRS is set to NAV while the other isn't (there are more, isn't really worth mentioning the whole lost at this stage I think. If needed I will of course make it). In addition, when I then try to load a different state via DAVE, the message: "Configuring aircraft. Please wait" is given but it never loads.

2. When loading the CRJ900, the Extrenal Power AVAIL light doesn't come on when the GPU is connected. However when the button is pressed it correctly lights up with IN USE.

These issues might not sound like a big deal, but especially the first one is really devastating for the experience. I have had no issues with other aircraft loading panel states, just this one.

I am using FSX:SE, btw.

Lastly, I would like to thank the development team for the latest update. It really improved the CRJ. However, I am sad to hear about the cancellation of development on the 32bit version. I still hope my problems can be solved in any way shape or form, from the development side or the community side (maybe someone has had these problems and fixed them...??). I you require more info, please let me know.

Vince

• Developer

I tried to verify both problems, even with FSX:SE (although I normally only start that if someone threatens me with a branding iron), but everything seems to be right.

In Cold&Dark (no matter if set via FMS or DAVE) both throttles sit in the SHUT OFF position and both IRS switches are OFF. I even switched back and forth between the other default modes and C&D, but it works fine every time.

I think that the AVAIL light might be one of these inexplicable model issues that work on some PCs but not on others. We had the same problem with the ground power unit before. From the gauge point of view, I can only set the L-Variable for the AVAIL light so that it becomes visible. And that definitely happens all the time.

If you have, some more information would be nice. Right now, I'm stuck.

8 hours ago, Vinceki said:

In addition, when I then try to load a different state via DAVE, the message: "Configuring aircraft. Please wait" is given but it never loads

I get that as well but if I click on the same selection a second time the appropriate state loads straight away as previously mentioned:

I'll check the other issues later and report back.  I'm using FSX:SE with Win 7-64bit.

Andy L

Hello Vince,
You can create your own Cold&Dark file.

This should then be under C:\Documents\Aerosoft\DigitalAviation CRJ\PanelStates.

See also in FMS Guide document, page 21, point3 and page 22.

Use the standard cold&dark as the base and set all switches as you like.
Then save.

You can edit this file with the Notepad editor.
0=off
1= on

Example:
Reverser.1=0
RevMode.0=0
RevMode.1=0
FuelCutoff.0=1  <----
FuelCutoff.1=1  <----
ThrMode.0=2
ThrMode.1=2
EngSync=0
HPSched=0

Regards, Wolfgang

• Developer

Wolfgang, I doubt that will work for him. The default cold&dark does exactly the same that your file excerpt would do and if it doesn't, there's something wrong that's more serious. It might be a defective model file here.

13 hours ago, Vinceki said:

I am experiencing some minor issues with the CRJ. These issues, however, existed already before updating to SP1. These issues are:

1. The panel state doesn't load correctly. I set the default panel state to Cold & Dark via the FMC. However when starting a flight, this panel state is loaded wrong. Examples of things being loaded wrong are: throttles are in idle instead of cutoff, one IRS is set to NAV while the other isn't (there are more, isn't really worth mentioning the whole lost at this stage I think. If needed I will of course make it). In addition, when I then try to load a different state via DAVE, the message: "Configuring aircraft. Please wait" is given but it never loads.

2. When loading the CRJ900, the Extrenal Power AVAIL light doesn't come on when the GPU is connected. However when the button is pressed it correctly lights up with IN USE.

I've tried to replicate these issues in FSX:SE with v1.2.2 of the CRJ and found the following:

1.  Loading the Cold & Dark state either via DAVE or the FMC sets the throttles in cut-off and both IRS selectors to OFF - I believe Hans got the same result.

2,  The External Power AVAIL light seems to only show if there's already an AC source feeding the aircraft.  For example if you load a state with the APU supplying power and connect the Ground Power via DAVE the AVAIL light illuminates.  However as the OP reported connecting the Ground Power in Cold & Dark the AVAIL light doesn't illuminate.  I don't know enough about the real CRJ to know if that's correct.

Further to the issue where I need to select the aircraft state twice using DAVE to get it to activate it seems to depend on what the state is that I'm trying to change.  To change some states only need one click, other two.  A very minor inconvenience but it might catch some users out if it happens to them.

Andy L

I tried loading the CRJ v1.2.0 again. No changes were found. Still the panel loads incorrectly. (Do you want me to make a reference list of all systems that are loading incorrectly @Hans Hartmann?)

@AndyUK Thanks for the tips and elaboration on my post. The double click doesn't work for me unfortunately.

In the mean time, I have found another problem; the ASUpdater. I can't find it anywhere on my PC. The files in my documents folder are there just the entire application is missing. I will try to reinstall the CRJ and see of things are installed correctly that time. If not, do you have any suggestions?

Vince

I just installed the CRJ again and updated to 1.2.2. I still have the same problems. Via DAVE, after a few times clicking on the button, the correct panel state is loaded. However the message: "Configuring aircraft Please wait" never goes away. As before, I set the default state to Cold & Dark but it is still loaded incorrectly.

Which information can I provide to you that will help in solving this problem?

Vince

Hey guys,

Again new great news!!!! I have found another problem/bug. When entering my Origin airport in the FMC, it instantly deletes it... So I basically can't enter anything in the FMC.

Vince

• Developer

There is one other thread where the CRJ Manager was blocked (or not explicitly allowed)in the Windows Firewall and seems to have caused all kinds of issues. Please check that.

Hans, I have made an exception in my Firewall/Anti-virus for everything Aerosoft related. This is not the problem.

I am going to be honest for a moment now. I have purchased this product over a year ago and haven't have been able to fly it properly since. I was really hoping SP1 would improve it but it only made it worse.

I have no knowledge whatsoever on developing such aircraft and I would really not know how to fix these problems so if there's anything that I can do to help you/development team in trying to fix this please let me know.

Vince

• Developer

If I only knew what to do. This is a unique case, nobody else reports it - that makes it so difficult to find a reason why it happens- or even a solution. If the panel state was loaded from a file, I would simply send you a replacement file, but cold&dark is hard-coded, so the flight parameters are exactly the same for everybody. Why the result is different on your system than on everybody elses, is beyond me. I don't know a single reason why it would to that. I mean, you can try everything from reinstalling the CRJ (delete "Documents\Aerosoft\Digital Aviation CRJ" and all files ending with .crj or .crjfms in "Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files" before you reinstall), over reinstalling P3D up to reinstalling Windows. I don't know any specific reasons why that would change something, but it's the only ideas I have left. Sorry.

I'll try deleting everything Aerosoft related from my pc and reinstall. If it doesn't work then I think I'll just not fly the CRJ...

Hello Hans, 

I also have this issue where when i enter the original airport it goes blank. I just did an uninstall and a reinstall and will test it out. Also, the plane does a weird thing and goes in circles on the ground when I'm messing with dave. I notice this whenever i see some weird numbers and symbols in red in the zero fuel weight spot

Hi Hans,

I have done some more testing with the CRJ. The FMC issue has returned and I am now unable to enter anything in the FMC. I will describe the exact steps I have taken after I loaded the CRJ.

1. I noticed the panel state (C&D) loaded incorrectly so I changed it via DAVE to Cold & Dark. This resulted in the message "Configuring aircraft. Please wait..." to show up, which would never disappear. (Could this indicate the panel state not loading in fully??)

2. I ignored the message for the time being, and placed the chocks and connected the GPU through DAVE. (Again no green AVAIL light...)

3. I powered up the aircraft, turned on the battery, DC service and GPU.

4. I did a quick overhead flow in which I checked the Fire system, turned on some lights, turned on the 3A pump, opened the isolation valve, set Man rate to min, turned the recirc on, "armed" the packs, tested my icing equipment, turned on the windshield heat, turned on the Fasten and smoking light and armed the emergency lights. (Not really sure if this is relevant but yeah)

5. I went down to the FMC and could successfully enter my Airport and Set Pos into POS INIT.

6. Switched to the FPLN page and tried to enter my Origin. This failed. I could type it in the scratchpad but when I clicked the LSK it would enter it and immediately remove it. Any entry from this point on would be deleted.

If you need me to record the process/problem, I could do that.

Let me know what you think of it.

Vince

7 hours ago, Vinceki said:

Hi Hans,

I have done some more testing with the CRJ. The FMC issue has returned and I am now unable to enter anything in the FMC. I will describe the exact steps I have taken after I loaded the CRJ.

1. I noticed the panel state (C&D) loaded incorrectly so I changed it via DAVE to Cold & Dark. This resulted in the message "Configuring aircraft. Please wait..." to show up, which would never disappear. (Could this indicate the panel state not loading in fully??)

2. I ignored the message for the time being, and placed the chocks and connected the GPU through DAVE. (Again no green AVAIL light...)

3. I powered up the aircraft, turned on the battery, DC service and GPU.

4. I did a quick overhead flow in which I checked the Fire system, turned on some lights, turned on the 3A pump, opened the isolation valve, set Man rate to min, turned the recirc on, "armed" the packs, tested my icing equipment, turned on the windshield heat, turned on the Fasten and smoking light and armed the emergency lights. (Not really sure if this is relevant but yeah)

5. I went down to the FMC and could successfully enter my Airport and Set Pos into POS INIT.

6. Switched to the FPLN page and tried to enter my Origin. This failed. I could type it in the scratchpad but when I clicked the LSK it would enter it and immediately remove it. Any entry from this point on would be deleted.

If you need me to record the process/problem, I could do that.

Let me know what you think of it.

Vince

I have this exact same issue. I to did an uninstall/reinstall. It didn't help the problem at all. 

Hi,

I have tried the CRJ again and nothing has changed. Does the support have any more suggestions of is this it from you guys?

Vince

• Developer

I'm still trying to reproduce the problem. I had a one-hour long teamviewer session with @Fred Pickering on Sunday morning where I saw the issue on his PC. However, I wasn't able to find out what causes it.

Sadly, for the moment, all I can tell you is that I'm working on it.Sorry.

Ok, at least you guys are trying to solve it, thanks for that. In the event that there might be no solution (I really hope not), what will be the procedure then?

Vince

• Developer

I tried FSX SP2 and FSX SE with and without EzDok v2 and FSUIPC 4.971. I also tested the original nav database as well as the most current NDP and Navigraph versions. Also loading via Free Flight window and different aircraft states, but no cigar yet. POS INIT as well as FPLN pages worked just fine in any other over 50 attempts. I'm pretty sure that there's some external reason for this.

Can you send me your dll.xml and exe.xml files? They're located in %appdata%\Microsoft\FSX (or FSX-SE for the Steam Edition) so I can see what third party stuff is installed? Thanks.

unfortunately I have the same problem with the CDU with the output. It is impossible to add the airport of origin. and clearly with this you can not fly in any way.
It is funny because it started to fail with the update of V1.2 before it did not happen.
Maybe some conflict with the update of the cdu

Archived