Exterior Lights during TAXI

Using two different installs; one of P3D4.3 clean full install and the other on P3D4.3 upgraded from 4.2

TAXI CL stalls at the same point using both installs
A319 Delta Airlines
Cold & Dark (After recent update via Areosoft Updater to 1.0.1.2)
With all systems off (C&D state). (Checklist ON, Copilot ON)
Open main doors, Get loadsheet, then Instant Load, then all green. Close doors except main entrance.
Start CL
All CL work until....
TAXI CL proceeds then.....
Exterior Lights does not trigger. (copilot is on!)
Then even if all lights are then turned on.
Need to Skip step to continue.
Then Check brakes CL runs and CL continues.
When BEF Takeoff CL runs the exterior lights are deemed to be on and the CL continues !?
No further CL issues and flight completed without any other problems.
Note: Before these updates the CL worked flawlessly on my system.

• Deputy Sheriffs

OPK, I found the issue - as a workarounf please set the EXT LIGHTS before starting the TAXI CL. Problem will be solved with the next update.

Regards,

Rolf

Hello,

I have just completed my first flight after updating to the latest update 1.0.1.3.

I used the Turn around state and full copilot. I did not make any premature setup actions but waited for the checklist to do so and I did not skip any CL items.

I can report that at no time did the CL stop/hang and the flight completed without any apparent issues.

But in mine when I always switch on taxi lights and rwy turn off lights, and start the taxi call - checklist goes as taxi lights and PF says set on together with the exterior lights callout. There is like no pause in between. Any fix for this?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry Haleef I do not get your question. There are no specific calls for TAXI and RWY lights. The two calls are combined in one call for EXTERIOR LIGHTS.....(to shorten the CL) like it is handled in RL....... This also valid for a lot of other EXT LIGHT settings.........e.g. except some there are no specific calls for specific EXT LIGHTS. This is also valid for CABIN SIGNS e. g. there is no separation between SEAT BELT and PED signs......

Regards,

Rolf

2 hours ago, Hanse said:

Sorry Haleef I do not get your question. There are no specific calls for TAXI and RWY lights. The two calls are combined in one call for EXTERIOR LIGHTS.....(to shorten the CL) like it is handled in RL....... This also valid for a lot of other EXT LIGHT settings.........e.g. except some there are no specific calls for specific EXT LIGHTS. This is also valid for CABIN SIGNS e. g. there is no separation between SEAT BELT and PED signs......

Regards,

Rolf

My bad, I typed it while I was half asleep. The thing is before I start taxiing I turn on the taxi and rwy turn off lights, and once the taxiing checklist starts, the callout for "exterior lights" and "set on" overlap. There is no pause in between these two phrases "exterior lights" and then "set on".. 

That's what I meant..

• Deputy Sheriffs

OK I will have a look into it - but setting the EXT LIGHTS before starting the TAXI CL is currently just a "workaround".......

1 hour ago, Hanse said:

OK I will have a look into it - but setting the EXT LIGHTS before starting the TAXI CL is currently just a "workaround".......

Work around means? Should it mean that I switch it on once the checklist starts sir? :)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Haleef, that is the normal procedure e. g. to check both on during the TAXI CL. But some users prefer at night to switch both on before starting to taxi......

Regards,

Rolf

9 hours ago, Hanse said:

Haleef, that is the normal procedure e. g. to check both on during the TAXI CL. But some users prefer at night to switch both on before starting to taxi......

Regards,

Rolf

Thank you. I will follow up with the procedure, but I'd like to see the problem fixed as it happens at night as well when I do the above. :) 

Thanks for your time sir! 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived