Flight Deck Too Clean?

Hi guys,

Firstly, really, really impressed with the new bus. Absolutely worth the wait, well done!

I recall during the development thread some screen shots of the flight deck panel textures showing some light stains and scuffs etc. to give that realistic ‘used’ look and feel... however with this release textures are decidelty ‘brand new’ and clean!

Is this something planned for SP1 or have I missed a configuration option?

Many thanks,

Mike

• Aerosoft

We have collected hundreds of images of flight decks to get this right. And yes, there are more dirty and old flight decks, but the ones we simulate are pretty up to date and normally do not tend to be pretty much as we show them. 

If you compare them to image you find, always try to find out what revisions the flight deck is. If it has CRT's you are pretty sure they are VERY old and often very low cost airlines. These tend to look like crap. But a recently updated flight deck of LH, BA, KLM would look very much like we present it. So no we do not have plans to add more grime right now.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Mathijs, there might be a double negative in your second sentence. I believe you meant to say "...the ones we simulate are pretty much up to date and normally do tend to be pretty much as we show them" rather than "normally do not tend to show..."

On 7/21/2018 at 8:03 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

We have collected hundreds of images of flight decks to get this right. And yes, there are more dirty and old flight decks, but the ones we simulate are pretty up to date and normally do not tend to be pretty much as we show them. 

If you compare them to image you find, always try to find out what revisions the flight deck is. If it has CRT's you are pretty sure they are VERY old and often very low cost airlines. These tend to look like crap. But a recently updated flight deck of LH, BA, KLM would look very much like we present it. So no we do not have plans to add more grime right now.

Thanks for the response, Mathjis ... completeley understand your explanation re: newer and up to date flight decks.

However, does my memory server me correct that in one of the earlier preview posts you guys did share images of the flight deck with more 'grime' ... coffee stain on the centre pedestal? Maybe that was on the A330? Or maybe I'm just completely loosing my mind! :-D

:D I've searched back through and It was from the A330 preview; but way back in May 2017!
Grime on the pedestal and MCDU keys etc.

speedbrake.jpg.84aa693a67ee316c8ca2f34fc2de4fb8.jpg

You can see it well in this video, too @ 1:05  ... I suppose your reference a/c for the A330 is G-VKSS which is circa 7yrs old, so makes sense to have a bit of dirt, right?

Oh what do i see here ? Maybe after the last flight they didnt cleaned enough though :D Maybe they will clean less and its getting a more used touch in the next days ;)

Please login to display this image.

Getting more used and dirty but really its hard to find the right spot between Ok and too much :D Much of adjusting :D  But its good that it can afterwards implemented for each Airbus Liverie itself. Hope this helps a littlebit to feel more comfortable for those who like it to get it used and dirty :coffee_s:

Archived