AI Taking off at Brussels (FSX)

Gommy

Hi Ray

Yes. I know. :)

This is what you call the "star system", a "center" with a set of runways to make all the 3 runways working at the same time. If you would not have that, you could only use paired runways or 02/20, not all the 3 at the same time, but maximum two. If you open some of my afcads like the one from Zurich for example, it is the same. You can only use 14/32,or 16/34 or 10/28, but not the 3 at the same time. So, you create one marker at 100 nm from one runway and we create fake runways, between all the others to complete the "star". And voilá... you can have all 3 at the same time with traffic. :lol:

harpsi

Eheh. No problem.

If you see an afcad with multyiple fake runways, then it is intended to be an afcad with crosswind system which means the possibility to use all non-paralell runways of your scenery. If you want some more afcads with these system included, I can send you some as well. I have EBBR from dreamfactory and LSZH from fsdreamteam. These ones you already know; then, I have these ones:

- KPDX and KPVD from flightscenery

- KSFO, KMIA, KMDW, KBOS and LOWW from flytampa; I have TNCS as well with the possibility to have AI traffic there

- EDDK and EDDF from aerosoft

- LEBL, LEMD from simwings

- KDCA and EHAM from cloud9

- KLGA, KDEN, KMCI and TJSJ from imagine simulation

- LFPO from simudesign

Some of these afcads maybe need to be corrected in terms of parking places and so on. Not all of them are perfect but they work in terms of runways. However you can search some on the foruns of the these companies.

harpsi

Hi Harpsi,

i am not very sure about this : the afcad you gave us for EBBRX,can i use it in FSX?or is it only meant for FS9?

Still i dont understand how it is possible that an afcad full of errors can be added to a released product...normally ,if you test the product,as we all did after buying it,you directly see all the errors,and its quite frustrating to realise that there was no test,or the testers just did neglect those errors...

Anyway,it invites us to start making afcads ourselves ;-)

Is there a manual somewhere around that explaines in a clear way how to create the overlays and the star systems you were talking about?

Also i was wondering if there is a way to have the exact information of the EBBR airport (and evt others),to know which airline uses wich terminal and so on...I mean,if we want to imitate the reality as much as possible,do you know a site where we can find this information?

Thanks,

piliwi

the afcad you gave us for EBBRX,can i use it in FSX?or is it only meant for FS9?

I already said that I don´t use FSX so what I make for users is meant to be used only for FS9, unless if there is any compatibility with the file which for afcads is not really possible.

harpsi

But it's not just FSX anymore, but SP1 and SP2.

I have a similar thread just put up, but with some pics of the problems.

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=14021

And personally it's to the developer to come with a good working airport when it's no SP1 or SP2 issue.

But in any case is it one that I'm very glad to have in my collection because it's a real piece of art, now only a decent patch and off we go, even the ai's if now hopefully a good traffic X program that works with SP2 and DX10 and the dream becomes as good as real.

After all, not everyone is a primus in this, or has the time for it, isn't it?

would it be possible to convert your afcad file to FSX afcad?

yes, sure. If you find the tools, you are able to convert it. You can do with the afcad whatever you want. :) But please don´t ask me to do it because I don´t know how to decompile files and use those kind of ".xml" and ".bgl" programs.

harpsi

Hello!

As I told before there is no wrong with the afcad for fs9 version I did upload an new afx for the FSX that there the AI were stucked!

Thas all have not heard any news if the file is downloadable or not!

Thanks and Regards

Cornel

When the afcad is ready, then all that there is left is for MyTraffix X to work with DX10, and we're as good as new. :D :wink:

You have another alternative afcad which works perfectly.

harpsi

Hello again!

I will say it like this dont use the fs9 afcad in the fsx version you will loose the rain effect so please use only the afcad for fsx and we are waiting for the updated AFX where it now could be????

Regards

Cornel

if your new AFX file is uploaded,where can i download it?Sorry,i am quite new on this site...and will feel very relieved when finally the airplanes in Brussels FSX will take off...

Best regards,

Hans