AI Taking off at Brussels (FSX)

Gommy

Hi,

I purchased Mega Airport Brussels tonight and Im very pleased with the Scenery. However, i notice that there is a problem with AI aircraft taking off.

Aircraft line-up on the runway but do not begin to roll, causing them to eventually timeout and disappear. If another departing aircraft is to follow soon after, it will line-up on the runway aswell and position right through the former aircraft as if it wasnt even there but again, the aircraft is just static on the runway before timing out.

All landing traffic appears to function correctly.

Please can you advise how i can correct this problem? Is this something to do with the AFCAD/AFD?

Cheers,

Chris

I have the exact same issue with Brussels on FSX, the AI traffic just stands on the runway. I had 6 planes standing there right on top of each other.

I don't have this issue on other airports though.

I have the exact same issue with Brussels on FSX, the AI traffic just stands on the runway. I had 6 planes standing there right on top of each other.

I don't have this issue on other airports though.

The new afcad from the author has many many problems and discontinuities on the runways, misalignements, isolated nodes and parking places, and so on, and so on. That´s why it happens.

Try my afcad:

- I modified many things according to my traffic and I have almost all airlines which are flying to Brussels

- It has star system: runway 25 R only for TO, runway 25 L only for landing, runway 20 for both operations (of course, winds must be set to these runways, otherwise AI will go to 02, 7L and 7R)

- because of the fact that I wanted aircrafts departing at the same time from runways 25 R and 20, I had to turn this issue arround, so my military area has a discontinuity point for both runways, because if I would make a connection, aircrafts would come to runway 25 R and then they would turn backtrack to runway 20 (tricky thing, maybe not real and strange as well, but it was the only way to avoid this behaviour)

- all the runways and taxiways are now aligned with the scenery

- I added all the codes to schengen terminal and to all the other parking places, except the non-schengen terminal which is left for all the other airlines which are not coded

- I checked all the aircrafts wings lenght, so I am sure that wings are not touching each other

- many things improved, may be real, maybe not so real, but this afcad was done more for the traffic I have and not really for sharing; maybe it will help some of you :)

harpsi

• Upvote 1

Cool, certainly want to try that. I also found another issue that when going the long way to 25R (the light grey taxiway) when coming near the runway u crash. By this I mean that i seem to run into an invisible wall.

How do I use afcads coz I have tbh, I have never used em.

Hi

You just place it like another .bgl file, inside DreamfactoryBrussels_SCscenery or AerosoftBrussels_SCscenery, or maybe AerosoftBrusselsBrussels_SCscenery. You know what I mean ;) It must be inside the last folder named scenery which belongs to Brussels.

harpsi

Harpsi,

I notice you have provided an alternative AFCAD for Brussels for FS9. Whilst this is appreciated shouldn't the problem AFCAD be corrected by the producers of this software?

This is commercial software so I would expect a fully-functioning AFCAD with no reported errors when checked by a program such as AFX.

Incidentally, I've always been under the impression that if you closed only one end of a runway FS9 Ai completely ignored both ends. Things may have changed in FSX but as things stand it isn't possible for Ai to land and take-off unless both ends are open.

Hi

You are right. That´s why I did it like that, so, both ends of runway 25R are closed for landing and both ends of runway 25 L are closed for take off. Unfortunately FS will not recognize just one side opened for TO or landing.

About the correction of the afcad, well you are right also. But anyway every user can do another afcad for himself of for other users. Since I like to do it, I did it for some companies like cloud9 and I almost correct all my afcads, then I can always provide an afcad for a scenery if you want, without any problem :)

By the way, I only use afcad 2.21 from Lee Swordy and I only use FS9. Anyway, based on things I have read, there are not so much different afcad things with FSX, at least this problem of both/one side of the runway closed/opened is not solved. Someone can correct me if I am saying wrong things about this issue :)

The afcad is indeed not perfect. For example there are maybe some spots left but Brussels doesn´t have so much traffic comparing with Paris CDG, Frankfurt, London, Amsterdam, Madrid or even Rome Fiumicino, so all the spots there are more than enough. And I have a lottttttt of aircrafts. They all park and they all have space. :lol:

harpsi

Hi Harpsi,

I haven't tried your AFCAD but I will. Does it resolve the problem of broken taxiway links? I appreciate Brussels isn't as busy as Heathrow, Rome or Paris but for commercial software I would expect an error-free AFCAD especially at a relatively low-volume airport.

It's very kind of you to supply a replacement. I modified EGCC a few years ago and know it's time consuming work. The fact remains though is that the producers of this software should provide a working AFCAD and should not be let off the hook by kind individuals such as yourself.

Incidentally, I started another thread here and have been pointed to another AFCAD on AvSim by Jean-Philippe DELWICHE. Are you aware of his? Are there any major differences?

I haven't tried your AFCAD but I will. Does it resolve the problem of broken taxiway links? I appreciate Brussels isn't as busy as Heathrow, Rome or Paris but for commercial software I would expect an error-free AFCAD especially at a relatively low-volume airport.

Yes, of course. This was one of the big mistakes. Wrong alignements, isolated parking spots, closed runways, no star system, taxiway and runway links connected and alternated, wrong airline codes, and so on, are some of the errors of this afcad.

What I did in general, I already said:

- more spots, spots adjusted and parking radius modified according to all the aircraft possibilities; I was measuring all aircrafts, specially the big ones: A330 from Brussels Airlines, the biggest one which can park at schengen terminal and B747 from some airlines which parks at non-schengen terminal

- airline codes for almost all spots

- taxiways and runways now aligned

- possibility of having both runways 20 and 25 R - take offs at the same time with a strange and tricky way but the only possibility to do it; military aircrafts need to make a long taxiway to enter that point which belongs to both runways 20 and 25 R

- star system: 25R/07L for TO only, 20/02 for both operations, 25L/07R for landing only; so, if you have winds set to "25" system, you will have landings on rwys 20 and 25 L and TO on rwys 25 R and 20 as well

- much more improvements according to the traffic I have which is a lot

Just try it. It is not perfect but maybe better than the existing ones. If you have comments, please feel free to add them. :)

harpsi

Are these afcad files the ones that are used by addons like Radar Contact and FScommander?

Reason I ask is that I use both and when changing this do I need to rebuild my databases?

Thanks

Hi Harpsi,

I've just spent the last 30 minutes watching aircraft arrive and depart EBBR using your AFCAD. It looks great! Well done on a great piece of work.

I'm particularly impressed how you got aircraft to taxi to Rwy 20 and 25R holds and to use both runways to depart.

I saw one small problem in all that time. A 747 landed on 20 but stayed frozen by the first of two exits to the right. It was eventually deleted by FS. Not a big problem.

Thanks.

Are these afcad files the ones that are used by addons like Radar Contact and FScommander?

Reason I ask is that I use both and when changing this do I need to rebuild my databases?

Thanks

Hi stefaandk,

Yes. You should rebuild your RC database after any change of AFCAD file. Not sure about FSComander but any program that reads airport BGLs should be rescanned.

Hi Harpsi,

I've just spent the last 30 minutes watching aircraft arrive and depart EBBR using your AFCAD. It looks great! Well done on a great piece of work.

I'm particularly impressed how you got aircraft to taxi to Rwy 20 and 25R holds and to use both runways to depart.

I saw one small problem in all that time. A 747 landed on 20 but stayed frozen by the first of two exits to the right. It was eventually deleted by FS. Not a big problem.

Of course some little issues are happening in the first minutes, but in general it works. Indeed that was the most difficult thing to do. On other hand, if you have an aircraft at the military area, it has to go first via the taxiway paralell to runway 20, cross it, and then turn back to the holding points 20 / 25 R. That´s the less real thing but the only possibility to have both runways in use at the same time. Anyway I don´t have military traffic at Brussels, so... no problem at all. And for sure that this is not the most important problem at Brussels. :)

Glad that you are happy with the file.

harpsi

• Developer
Hi Harpsi, where do i get your AFCAD from?

Cheers,

Chris

It is attached at his post from Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:45 pm here in the thread. You see it, when you are loggedin.

Hello Folks,

I've contacted Cornel about the AFCAD issues and he's looking into them.

Even with some corrected things, there is no developer making afcads with star system and all these things. All developers make a general afcad and users are free to complete them. That´s what I always do for me and what a lot of users do themselves. I am happy to serve the comunity with my little work :)

harpsi

Hello!

I will upload a new afx file I did found the problem with ai stucked on the rwy.

Allso removed the strange huge shadows from the papi lights.

Regards

Cornel

Harpsi,

I'm hoping you can help regarding your AFCAD for Brussels. Selecting Lists / Runway List shows a total of 9 entries for EBBR. The only runways I'm aware of are 02/20, 07L/25R and 07R/25L.

The airport is centred around N50 54.05, E004 28.3 but the following runways have a latitude of N52 - well away from EBBR...

02L/21R, 03R/21L, 04L/22R, 04R.22L, 05/23 and 06/24.

Have you any idea why these are present?