GPWS, MCDU and Thrust Levers not working

Tariq The Usher

Hi, Recently my aerosoft A320/A321 has been acting weird, the MCDU (I press one button and it works then after it will be frozen on the page I just pressed), GPWS (No callouts) and thrust levers do not work or move. Last year I fixed this by opening FSX in administrator mode, then I moved to FSX Steam Edition, yet now the same problems have started again, with administrator mode on. Not sure what to do now

• 1 month later...

Hi Tariq,

Have you made sure that RAAS is installed and updated? Also, make sure that if you're using any kind of third party external controls (i.e: a joystick, a yoke, thrust levers, etc...) they are configured via FSUIPC and have the correct drivers installed.

Make sure you take a look at your FSX registry as well as sometimes this can be the underlying issue. Your issue in particular, seems to happen to those who have a corrupt registry with their simulator. If your FSX registry is indeed corrupt, uninstalling and reinstalling the bus would not be the correct fix, rather, uninstalling and reinstalling your sim would be the most probably fix - this is all worst case scenario, though.

Start with uninstalling the bus via the uninstaller in the control panel of your computer. Do not manually remove/delete files. Re-install the bus as an Admin, and allow all other programs like RAAS to install when prompted during, or at the end of the general install. When Aerosoft prompts you to re-start your PC at the end of the install, you should do that as well.

Attempt to run your sim as an Admin. If the issue persists, please let me know.

Best of luck.

-Niko

Archived