One week (okay 8 days) and where are we?

• Aerosoft

It's 8 days and 4 hours since we released and I like to bring you up to date on what happened, what is happening and what is planned.

What happened?

Surprisingly not a lot. We had 8 people online to handle support for the first 48 hours but they were mainly bored. By far the biggest issue we had turned out to be from people who did a client only update for the sim. as we seen MANY times before this can cause mayhem. We (and Lockheed) have no idea what actually happens but we seen at least 50 users that had issue and re-installed a clean sim and had their problems solved. Of course we had smaller other issues (like with the company route editor) that we were able to solve already. In the meantime we had very serious sales that made my CEO and the sales department very happy. I mean real happy. Two of the main devs left for vacation (believe me, they deserved it). 

The best thing was the amount of kudo's we received. Of course most people on this project are professionals, they get paid, but believe me after working for two years working behind the curtains it makes them very happy to read your comments. I'll post a selection of them at the end of this post.

What is happening?

As said with two of the main devs on vacation actual development is limited, but we gathered a lot of feedback that is now being discussed (a lot of our development is customer driven) and that's being discussed now. The open (and solvable) issues with checklists and the co-pilot seems to be all solved (thanks Rolf). Robert is working on the AP issues (too violent banking, path following etc) and we think the known issue will be solved on 3 weeks. Baylan is starting on Monday on the MCDU issues we feel are important. The Updater tool was very well received and will be used for most of our products very soon.

We also created our  A320/A3231 SVN file server that is used by devs and testers and I will open a Preview topic next week. we still feel it will take around 5 weeks from now to release that version.

What will happen?

As said a lot of our work is now shifted to stabilizing the code. Fixing the open issues first of all. Then we'll work on the missing features. Connected Flight Deck is incredibly important for us and that will one of our main topics in August. If all works out that will be released together with the A320/A321. As the A320/A321 uses all the updates from the A318/A319 we do not expect a lot of issues with that release. It should be well into SP1 status at that time. SP1 means that all we intended for the project is completed.  The A330 should be close to release at that moment. Not giving dates but we have moved the schedule forwards because things are so stable right now.

--------------------------------------------------------------

What did customers tell us?

Yes, what follows is pure marketing, stop reading if you hate that. But these are ALL genuine comments on our forums and facebook/twitter etc, you'll find them all if you search. But if your are interested in what people who bought the product think (that rather contrast with people who do not own it and still feel the need to have an opinion), check this out. 

• Great bus and a fantastic support team.
  • Respect! In view of the many thousands hours of work and the huge invest for development, the pricing is extremely fair for such a complex aircraft. Especially for those customers that own one of the previous busses, it should be a no-brainer.
  • thank you for the a318/319! :)
  • Thanks for the good job you did with your products. Really good ;-)
  • Its working beautifully.
  • Awesome! Thank you!
  • First of all: a very nice aircraft 
  • this a/c is a great job of programming.  Love it.
  • congrats on your job, excellent addon.
  • the new bus its funny, amazing a very great for me
  • really happy
  • The new 318/319 package is simply brilliant
  • Move over FSlabs, there is a better bus.
  • This was worth waiting for!?
  • Congratulations to all of you who have been along the way in this project
  • Clap yourself on your shoulder! You have every reason to be proud!
  • Once again Congratulations!
  • Well done
  • Performance is great.
  • Fantastic add on to the Airbus collection"
  • loving this thing
  • congratulation to an awesome job!!!
  • it does fly like a dream
  • new favourite aircraft, deleted the FSL one
  • So far very impressed.
  • everything worked perfectly
  • the frames wow just amazing
  • Thanks for the wonderful plane, very good job and suppor
  • now that i got it in the air she is all thought and much more 
  • what a great job you guys did,
  • Amazing product! 
  • The best way to show FSL how it should be done is to make something better. Aerosoft just did.
  • Absolutely amazing. FPS are really nice and the feeling is also really great.
  • You guys did a great job
  • a real diamond and stable base
  • u nailed it down to a really good product for us
  • This is definetely a new and wonderful product.
  • i would like to tell that Airbus simulation is astonishing..perfect model, well simulated
  • The checklist and co-pilot interaction is great and really adds to the immersion
  • Love the coffee, newspaper etc animations, a breath of fresh air
  • I love all the new stuff
  • I love the new Airbus
  • Worth every cent, love the Airbus
  • Bravo, you have released the King of the Buses
  • a real gem and great to have a quality airbus in P3Dv4
  • I love it! Its working great in VR!
  • I'm very happy with the Buses.
  • The fps are truelly amazing
  • SO IM VERY HAPPY CONGRATS!
  • What a wonderful aircraft!
  • What's the most spectacular thing about it, is the modelling. Dude, thats impressive. Ecspecialy the Virtual Cockpit looks incredible. 
  • I bought the FSL as well. What the hell is wrong with me? 150 EUR gone, never gonna use that one again.
  • The Professional Bus impresses me a lot. It feels smooth, it runs incredibly smooth (at least for what I'm used to from the PMDGs and the 787). It sounds great, can't wait to try the shared cockpit Feature.
  • Thanks for this wonderful product
  • congrats on an unbelievable aircraft!
  • kEEP up the good job Aerosoft!! 
  • The bus is amazing! 
  • The fps are truelly amazing even better then the older NGX wich always had the best performance for me
  • Factastic product, fantastic price, no DRM. Aerosoft I love you.
  • And the discount is beautiful, 4 Airbus models for 41 euros, in my case. This is heaven.
  • It is absolutely fantastic?. So easy to install. FPS are great even when I loaded up in JFK.
  • Graphics and textures are super.
  • New sounds - unbelievable.??
  • But what I most liked is the controlling the plane on taxi and in the air. It is so close to real like I seat in Thales level D. No other Airbus is even 50% close to the physics you made.
  • All expectations are exceeded more than twice.
  • Thank you, Aerosoft! You made the great job!
  • Impressive work, as always from Aerosoft! Looks good, sounds good, flies good.
  • my fps are better than for any other aircraft I have
  • Very happy with the frame rate. Did three test flights in three different models and all went perfect. 
  • Thanks goes to the development team. Well done...well done indeed.
  • So why did I pay 140 dollar to the thieves at FSL? (I removed that comments, MK)
  • Thanks again for a fantastic aircraft! And the documentation is as always very good and easy to read.
  • That is a more advanced feature than I thought - impressive that you have such a small (but important) detail implemented in this aircraftI am a happy camper with the new bus
  • a great product!
  • a magnificent aircraft
  • I think your team did a great job and I am enjoying flying new bus
  • Great product and it is was worth to wait.
  • My favourite
  • a pretty new thing
  • Works perfecr,Congratulations!
  • Brilliantly sorted out by the excellent AS support team.
  • Congrats on this new aircraft, amazing work 
  • Great job on the product though!
  • i absolutely love the new busses, they run completely flawless for me
  • a very nice aircraft
  • Absolutely stunning product
  • you guys are awesome... congrats to the team... love the plane.
  • Aerosoft i want to thank you for an awesome bus 
  • congrats to Aerosoft great product
  • but the graphics and the FPS are perfect and the flight performance was outstanding 
  • congratiolations with the new bus
  • Excellent performance on my computer
  • Excellent model for the simulator, not in vain patiently expected and very happy with the purchase
  • thank you very much for this fantastic. I've been enjoying it so far
  • I'm impressed. 
  • it runs great and the modelling is superb.  Thanks Aerosoft and the Airbus team
  • The bus is Wonderful.
  • and loving it mate 
  • great software
  • this is a fantastic model. The frame rates are extremely impressive, much better than the FSL
  • thanks for the coffee
  • Great work on the airbus lads! 
  • This aircraft is awesome..?. 
  • By the way, you really did a fantastic job on the VC, that looks great now!
  • long way better than FSL of course, and even better than NGX. 
  • Anyway You Great!
  • Superb model of A318-319
  • Incredibly very smooth on frames!
  • thanks for that great new toy. You made a wonderful job
  • the greatest airplane
  • you guys have done a great job with the new bus
  • Good job!
  • Amazing aircraft and the optimisation in P3D v4.3 is the best I have ever seen, it handles with almost the same fluidity as the Airbus in Aerofly! Just jaw dropping
  • the performance to eye candy ratio in the sim is something to be proud of...never dips below 4?5fp??s??
  • It's good to be back in the bus
  • first of all what a wonderful job you have done
  • I simply love the new bus 
  • Many thank great job awesome team
  • all working perfect
  • wonderful aircraft, it's really  a pleasure
  • its now my favorite instead of one of my favorites
  • Very good first impression. 
  • Thanks for this piece of work, great job.
  • First of all I have to say that I'm very happy with the bus, so great work guys!
  • PMDG 30 fps, FSL A320, 15 FPS, Your bus running at 44. Amazing
  •  Beautiful flight deck, great frame rates out of the gate
  • Best framerate optimizing I have seen for any add-on in 64 bits. Why don't all devs provide newly compiled models?
  • Double the frames compared to the FSlightsimlab airvus, super!
  • So smooth and fast, other teams should ask you how it's done.
  • In 3 words: I LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!
  • Absolutely love it!
  • this Airbus has been done so beautifully well in performance, features, animations, textures, systems, and extras, that it  is almost impossible to dislike or say it's not my taste.
  • Thank you, Aerosoft.. What a wonderful job you guys have done !!!
  • Have to say this is the most impressive 'first impression' I have had from any of the buses.Bravo!
  • Have to say my first 'check her out' flight was great. The functionality, the modeling the FPS performance.......really top job
  • so far I'm very impressed with the quality of the Bus
  • This is one of the most amazing aircrafts the sim community has, and it will  get even better
  • I am REALLY impressed
  • Wonderful job with this aircraft, definitely hits the price point perfectly, dare I say even a bargain for what one gets!
  • this product is great.
  • All went very very good
  • I'd just like to share with everyone how impressed I am so far with the Aerosoft Airbus 318/19
  • Framerates and performance are very good on my system, the level of detail and systems complexity is exactly what I am looking for.
  • I can also say that of all the other Airbuses, this one is working without any major flaws in VR which I felt I should congratulate you all on.

• Deputy Sheriffs
21 hours ago, CuzIm_Tom said:

Will The A320/A321 will be released 5 weeks after the A318/A319 release , i think

From the first post, last sentence in the quoted section:

What is happening?

We also created our  A320/A3231 SVN file server that is used by devs and testers and I will open a Preview topic next week. we still feel it will take around 5 weeks from now to release that version.

Ah Mathijis. once again the consumer is looking down the barrel of their guilt.  I try never to uninstall the scenery portion of v.whatever of P3D as it is a massive task to re-install regional scale scenery like Orbx, and the many airports we each have.  So I take it that the livery problem can be sourced back to this issue.  I have no trouble with the official liveries, but even following the mass of suggested work-arounds in the forum I still have trouble with the downloadable.  The aeroplane is great, and I look forward with urgency to the release of the 320/321 and  a new livery installer.  However I shall swap the Contents mode in case that is the problem with livery installation.

And Herman, five weeks from NOW being last Monday is once again becoming very elastic..... As Jetstar and Tigerair use the A320 I can't fly realistically in Australia, but I do pray that one or both of these liveries make it into the official release.

• Aerosoft
8 minutes ago, macca22au said:

Ah Mathijis. once again the consumer is looking down the barrel of their guilt.  I try never to uninstall the scenery portion of v.whatever of P3D as it is a massive task to re-install regional scale scenery like Orbx, and the many airports we each have.  So I take it that the livery problem can be sourced back to this issue.  I have no trouble with the official liveries, but even following the mass of suggested work-arounds in the forum I still have trouble with the downloadable.  The aeroplane is great, and I look forward with urgency to the release of the 320/321 and  a new livery installer.  However I shall swap the Contents mode in case that is the problem with livery installation.

Customer should really push developers to use the new standards of P3D (and to provide recompiled versions to suit the new P3D V4.3, it is seriously faster). 

Archived