Tip to Potentially Improve FPS

silentsage

If you're having issues with low FPS, delete your temporary shader files,  and try again.

I have a high-end system and was getting low (~15) FPS.  I deleted the shader files, and now the A318/319 has excellent performance (~35+ FPS with ASN P3D V4, ORBX scenery, and complicated airports), as good as any of the complex aircraft simulations I have.

Not sure why this is so, but it worked.

I did not delete my shaders after installation of the bus and did not have any performance issues, but still worth a try. Thanks for the heads up.

• Deputy Sheriffs

One thing is for sure: no shader tweaks - less problems. So there is no recommendation for using shader tweaks/tools

2 hours ago, maxro said:

Does Aerosoft recommend the use of shader enhancements, like PTA?

No, they change the way the flight deck looks and our graphic artists put a lot of time and effort into getting those look right.

So any changes done to the shaders will make them look less realistic.

On the other hands side though, we certainly see the improvements a carefully tweaked shader can bring for the outside world.

In the end it is a balance between looks and you will have to know what suits you best.

What we can certainly not recommend, what many simmers seem to like though, are those shaders where everything gets just darker and many sets of colours get eliminated and just become white or black. That's definitely not in the sense of why we invest so much into careful modelling.

• Aerosoft
12 hours ago, maxro said:

Does Aerosoft recommend the use of shader enhancements, like PTA?

ABSOLUTELY not. Not only are we find that around 10% of our support is due to issue with them, they change the way the aircraft looks. So the developer may have used many colors between 250,250,250 and 256,256,256 to show small details but many of the tweaks will make all of those colors 256,256,256.  The same in the dark colors. Almost all shader tools compress the color range a lot to get the more dramatic, more cinematic look.  I can fully understand that people like it, and it makes sense if used with great care. But if I see another screenshot where the sky is totally flattened and the flightdeck is dark mush where hundreds of hours of detailed texturing is hidden my heart cries. 

Feel free to use them but ALWAYS keep in mind you are NOT looking at the product as it has been created.  I have never met any modeler who does not hate these things with a deep hatred.

Archived