Unstabilization on cruise

umut1

Hi,

I really liked your aircraft but i am having serious issue. During cruise firsty it just continue its flight flawlessly but then i change my screen to firefox (looking for charts, checking the online traffic on webeye, etc) and prepar 3d continue working on background. After i go back to my cockpit, i found my aircraft like screenshots. My autopilot modes were MACH, ALT CRZ, NAV and AP1 engaged. My aircraft went out of the route and felt down 7000 feet from FL380. It only happens when p3d works at background. I was having same issue in fsx. I tought you revised all codes from older version. And photos not belongs to me, captured from fsx version i uploaded it to make my problem understandable. If you like to my screenshots i can upload them too. 

My specs:

I7 7700HQ

GTX1050

8GB RAM

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please check your FPS the next time this might happen. The bus needs at least stable 18 FPS for its fly by wire / AP.

My guess is, that while being in the background your P3D wasn't able to get those 18 FPS because of other parallel running processes on your computer.

Thanks for your response TOM. During cruise i get 20-40 fps. I think same with you. This problem does not occur if i don't use p3d at background. I don't want to lower my settings or disable my addons. I hoped that you fixed it in P3D4 with new codes but result is same. In my opinion, Aerosoft must have tought low systems too. Is there any way to fix it?  I would be good if you release a fix for it.

I use PMDG777 too. It has fly by wire and A/P too. It doesn't have this kind problems. To fix fix this issue similar codes might be used.

• Aerosoft
15 minutes ago, umut1 said:

Thanks for your response TOM. During cruise i get 20-40 fps. I think same with you. This problem does not occur if i don't use p3d at background. I don't want to lower my settings or disable my addons. I hoped that you fixed it in P3D4 with new codes but result is same. In my opinion, Aerosoft must have tought low systems too. Is there any way to fix it?  I would be good if you release a fix for it.

If you check in this forum you will see a lot of comments that speak highly of the framerate and apart from removing parts of the model (which we will not do) there is nothing we can do to make it faster.  

The image that you show seems to indicate more problems though, it seems whole parts of the scenery is not loaded and one one square shows. If the scenery can't be loaded it is almost impossible you can use the aircraft. As the hardware is fast enough those it is most likely and incorrect setting or tweaks that cause serious issues.

Also one of the PC's I use for testing is on the Lower side of the performance curve and if i'm running Chase Plane and switch in and out of P3D to do other tasks, I notice something similar to this.  Remove Chase Plane and the problem goes away.  Not saying this is the issue but i'm running 25-40 fps and when I add the Chase plane I get some issues.  I only have 3G of graphics memory too, if I run this on my other machine with an 8G 1070 I have zero issues with Chase Plane. So if you are running Chase Plane give this a try.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2018 at 5:53 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

Probably a stupid question, but are you using P3DV4.3? 

If so, did you update the P3DV4.3 client only?

Yes, I use P3D V4.3. I updated only client.

On 7/21/2018 at 4:18 AM, bill3810 said:

Also one of the PC's I use for testing is on the Lower side of the performance curve and if i'm running Chase Plane and switch in and out of P3D to do other tasks, I notice something similar to this.  Remove Chase Plane and the problem goes away.  Not saying this is the issue but i'm running 25-40 fps and when I add the Chase plane I get some issues.  I only have 3G of graphics memory too, if I run this on my other machine with an 8G 1070 I have zero issues with Chase Plane. So if you are running Chase Plane give this a try.

I don't use Chaseplane or any other camera addon.

2 hours ago, umut1 said:

Yes, I use P3D V4.3. I updated only client.

Well that's the problem.

You need to also update the Content Component.  We've posted quite a lot about this in the Support forums.

Best wishes for Happy Flights!

I've had this same issue and noticed it happens when I get near a large airport and masses of AI aircraft are spawned. It causes any aircraft I'm flying to bog down for a sec or two, but the Airbus gets crazy as mentioned above due to the lack of frames.

12 hours ago, Rob H said:

I've had this same issue and noticed it happens when I get near a large airport and masses of AI aircraft are spawned. It causes any aircraft I'm flying to bog down for a sec or two, but the Airbus gets crazy as mentioned above due to the lack of frames.

I have the same with my AI... My solution is to disable the AI short after take-off and enabling when the airport is in sight (or after landing when arriving a huge hub like LHR or LAX).

Hi - if I may add to this thread...

I have encountered a similar phenomenon. After perusing these forums for quite a bit, I guess I have the same problem. I have a new installation of P3Dv4.3 and have 40-50 fps when flying. On my last flight however, I had 4 events where the Airbus would bank more than 30° left or right or either climb or descend with more than 4000fpm from literally one second to another (I analysed the recorded data provided by fs-flight-control, a tool I use). The thing is, that two of these four events occurred over open seas - so no bigger scenery close by. There was also no AI traffic present (neither on the ground nor in the air). I do use AS16 and I suspect, that the weather injection is part of the problem. 

>> Can someone confirm, that in straight and level flight it is enough for the FBW to behave like this, if the FPS drop below 18fps for up to 2 seconds (is that "smallish" enough?)

>> Also: has anybody made the experience that weather injections (esp. by AS16) cause this kind of fps drop? I have read here somewhere that there is a ton of data injected into the sim, but it isn't quite clear to me if that is a confirmed fact or an assumption.

>> Is anyone also using UT-Live and has experienced this behavior?

My rig:

I7-6700K @4.0

1080GTX 8GB

32GB RAM

P3D 4.3 (new installation) on SSD

Regards,

Peter

Archived