Heathrow X Performance

jf77

Hi,

after trying a lot of different settings, I'm only able to achieve reasonable framerates (15 fps or more) with Heathrow X with the following setup:

- using Microsoft airplanes instead of payware-addons like Airbus series from Wilco or Level-D 767 -> this seems to make the biggest difference, boosting frame rates about 30% to 50%

- little or no AI traffic -(MyTraffic X 5.1) - compared to my preferred setting of 30% AI traffic, this gives about 10% more fps

- clear sky weather, no wind

I could not achieve positive effects on the framerate by..

- changing graphic settings like AA, Anisotropic filtering etc.

- lowering the scenery density for airports

But the "working" setup is definitely no fun at all. And I would really like to continue using Heathrow.

Therefore I would like to ask if there are tweaks that could free some cpu ressources, which seem to be the bottleneck here.

For example, is it possible to disable the ground traffic? It seems extremely dense to me, and I wonder why it is there at all, as I have disabled ground traffic in FSX completely. Would that relieve the CPU?

My system config:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad 2,66Ghz (Q6700)

4 GB RAM

Asus Geforce 8800 GTX

Vista OS 32 bits

Display resolution: 1280x1024, 32 bit

Addons: Wilco Aribus 1+2/Citation X/Legacy/737, Level-D 767, FS Pilot 2008, Mesh France VFR, My Traffic 5.1

Thanks ,

Juergen

Hi,

after trying a lot of different settings, I'm only able to achieve reasonable framerates (15 fps or more) with Heathrow X with the following setup:

- using Microsoft airplanes instead of payware-addons like Airbus series from Wilco or Level-D 767 -> this seems to make the biggest difference, boosting frame rates about 30% to 50%

- little or no AI traffic -(MyTraffic X 5.1) - compared to my preferred setting of 30% AI traffic, this gives about 10% more fps

- clear sky weather, no wind

I could not achieve positive effects on the framerate by..

- changing graphic settings like AA, Anisotropic filtering etc.

- lowering the scenery density for airports

But the "working" setup is definitely no fun at all. And I would really like to continue using Heathrow.

Therefore I would like to ask if there are tweaks that could free some cpu ressources, which seem to be the bottleneck here.

For example, is it possible to disable the ground traffic? It seems extremely dense to me, and I wonder why it is there at all, as I have disabled ground traffic in FSX completely. Would that relieve the CPU?

My system config:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad 2,66Ghz (Q6700)

4 GB RAM

Asus Geforce 8800 GTX

Vista OS 32 bits

Display resolution: 1280x1024, 32 bit

Addons: Wilco Aribus 1+2/Citation X/Legacy/737, Level-D 767, FS Pilot 2008, Mesh France VFR, My Traffic 5.1

Thanks ,

Juergen

I'll be curious to see what you come up with since I have the same computer that you do.

Removing the airport traffic had no significant effect on the framerate.

But I tried something else that really gave me a boost:

- reduced cloud settings (density and visibility)

- unlimited frame rate

With my preferred settings, I now get about 12 to 14 fps, which is ok for such a huge airport.

I guess FSX is pretty much limited by CPU power, and does not yet make adequate use of multicore CPUs.

Regards,

Juergen

Hi,

I can push 22 FPS out of it with max AI and no AutoGen, but I can't get any more out of it than that. Even if I disable AA and go to multi-GPU mode, I still can't get better than 22. In FS2004 I get 150 FPS in that config.

In summary: FSX is screwed. :(

My rig:

Intel Core2 Duo E6700 (at stock)

2Gb DDR2 800 RAM

1Gb GeForce 7950GX2

Win XP Pro SP2

FSX @ 1600x1200x32

Best regards,

Robin.

Hi,

I can push 22 FPS out of it with max AI and no AutoGen, but I can't get any more out of it than that. Even if I disable AA and go to multi-GPU mode, I still can't get better than 22. In FS2004 I get 150 FPS in that config.

My rig:

2Gb DDR2 800 RAM

1Gb GeForce 7950GX2

Win XP Pro SP2

FSX @ 1600x1200x32

Best regards,

Robin.

Yea right with max AI no way not on your systems specs :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hi,

My rig:

2Gb DDR2 800 RAM

1Gb GeForce 7950GX2

Win XP Pro SP2

FSX @ 1600x1200x32

Best regards,

Robin.

Which AI are you using, default?