Bus Texture Resolution?

At Avsim there is an Aerosoft A319 repaint download with a 4096 texture resolution for FSX. Is this resolution possible, I thought all exterior Airbus repaints were 1024?

Darryl

Hi Darryl,

a painter can of course simply increate the size of the texture file. You can take any 1024 file and make it 2048 or 4096. This will however not change the looks of the aircraft.

When the painter takes the time to redo all the small details in the greater resolution it will of course look much sharper. That's what I did when I painted the HD VC for the older Airbusses. I can assure you it is a LOT of work though.

There are some great painters out there however whom I could imagine to do a great job at this!

On 20.7.2018 at 07:35, AA777-200ER sagte:

At Avsim there is an Aerosoft A319 repaint download with a 4096 texture resolution for FSX. Is this resolution possible, I thought all exterior Airbus repaints were 1024?

Darryl

A318/A319 are in 2048er textures, as they came later than the first done A320/A321 which are done at 1024er resolution (made in 2011 this was the way, as hardware was very different at those days). It is very probable that the last two ones are updated in the coming months.

I plan to try Lufthansa on 4096 textures and see if there is any performance hit (I really don't think there will be).  Scaling up the maps is not hard...but re-adding all the detail at the new resolution is certainly going to be time consuming.:blink:

I want to have a fuse that complements the photo-tail I'm placing on her:

Please login to display this image.

By the way....this is the same photo tail I've been using on all my Lufty paints for years (just have to scale and shape it to fit each tail....that is the tricky part!)

On the Queen (Fictional Freighter):

On the real Queen:

On the CRJ:

On the 777F:

Having too much fun flying the Bus now to concentrate on painting, hehe. (I blame that squarely on Aerosoft!)   Besides, I'll have some serious testing to do with her in the very near future (right Dave?) ;)

8 hours ago, AA777-200ER said:

Glad you're doing repaints Steve, the tails look quite good.

Any chance on an IAE American (Sharklet) and United A319, there are none available.

Hello there! 

Archived