Weather Radar Problem

Onofrei Alexandru

Hi!

Firstly i did one more topic on the same subject a while ago, asking if the REX Sky Force 3D works with the Aerosoft Weather Radar. You said that it works with all weather addons.

Now, even if in the game are heavy storms, or other bad weather, the weather radar dosen't show nothing. 

I have a photo with the settings from the weather radar: 

Please login to display this image.

Hi,

I can confirm, our weather radar works with any weather addon. As long as the weather is present in your sim you can be sure you will see it on our radar.

Are you sure you turned the brightness of the WX display overlay up? Your WXR settings look correct, so the only real reason here could be that you did not turn the display brightness up.

If you encounter this issue again please take a screenshot of the brightness selectors, too.

2 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Hi,

I can confirm, our weather radar works with any weather addon. As long as the weather is present in your sim you can be sure you will see it on our radar.

Are you sure you turned the brightness of the WX display overlay up? Your WXR settings look correct, so the only real reason here could be that you did not turn the display brightness up.

If you encounter this issue again please take a screenshot of the brightness selectors, too.

The brightness is ok.

Please login to display this image.

And you are sure you actually have rain in your simulator?

Keep in mind the radar can only show reflections from rain. If there is no rain there are no returns, regardless of how dramatic a cloud may look.

5 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

And you are sure you actually have rain in your simulator?

Keep in mind the radar can only show reflections from rain. If there is no rain there are no returns, regardless of how dramatic a cloud may look.

Yes, i am sure.

Can you recreate this on several flights or was this just a one off situation?

I never had problems with our WXR and SkyForce.

1 minute ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Can you recreate this on several flights or was this just a one off situation?

I never had problems with our WXR and SkyForce.

Are you using just SkyForce or you are using it with ASP4?

I've tried just SkyForce, SkyForce with ASP4 and SkyForce with FSGRW. All went without problem.

I understand you are using only SkyForce, right?

Together with the SkyForce internal weather engine or default weather with just the SkyForce live cloud injection?

40 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Together with the SkyForce internal weather engine or default weather with just the SkyForce live cloud injection?

Hmm, can't really say that. I only open up the SkyForce and the game, and just sync the weather.

How can i find that?

Take a look at what SkyForce indicates at the top of the program.

It tells you the status of the different options, like weather engine, live synch, etc.

Just now, Emanuel Hagen said:

Take a look at what SkyForce indicates at the top of the program.

It tells you the status of the different options, like weather engine, live synch, etc.

Weather Engine : On . In Sync Engine: On ; Network mode: Off.

6 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

The easiest way to test is to simply take off and try to fly into the rain showers. We seen a few time that while the weather tool tells you there is rain it is simply not to be found in the sim where it should be.

With the SkyForce, or with the default weather?

• Aerosoft

Well with default weather you can be 100% sure there is actually rain in the sim and the weather radar will work. 

If you want to know if the weather tool you use actually creates rain in other locations then where your aircraft actually is you can let it create weather and then disconnect it, then you can start to see if you can find the rain.

2 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Well with default weather you can be 100% sure there is actually rain in the sim and the weather radar will work. 

If you want to know if the weather tool you use actually creates rain in other locations then where your aircraft actually is you can let it create weather and then disconnect it, then you can start to see if you can find the rain.

Ok, i will try, and be back with an answer.

8 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Strange. I just tried the default weather with Very High Precipitations, and still nothing on the WX Radar.

Do you get any returns (indications on the display) when switching the radar to MAP mode with the aircraft in flight?

Then there is definitely something wrong on your system which is not even weather related as the MAP mode scans the ground and will show you returns from terrain.

So your issue is not weather addon related but something general with your simulator or Airbus installation.

Try a reinstall of the Airbus for the beginning, maybe that fixes it already.

1 minute ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Then there is definitely something wrong on your system which is not even weather related as the MAP mode scans the ground and will show you returns from terrain.

So your issue is not weather addon related but something general with your simulator or Airbus installation.

Try a reinstall of the Airbus for the beginning, maybe that fixes it already.

Ok, i will do this right now. Thanks for you help!

Archived