Taxi State Loaded - Engines Not Running and Cargo Doors are Open

Hi,

I just had my first flight with the new A318 tonight, and noticed a few issues.

First, I could not load or apply the information I had set in the Fuel Planner prior to starting the sim.

Second, I tried loading the Taxi State, and it sounded like something was happening, the left engine began to start, but quickly stopped again, and I was left with neither engine running.  Also, the cargo doors were open and I could not close them using the Doors page on the MCDU (3).

Eventually I just loaded the Take Off state, and that worked OK and the cargo doors shut themselves.

Cheers,

• Deputy Sheriffs

FUEL PLANNER: After you made your settings you should push the button "Generate Loadsheet"...... If you open the MCDU 3 and open the LOAD / FUEL menu you then just push the LSK next to  INIT LOADSHEET e.g. the values from the Fuel Planner are "imported". Then you can load the values in to the plane......

TAXI STATE: Did you already install the latest update 1.1.2 because there were some problems with aircraft states and doors but those should be solved by apllying the update......

Based on your question I suggest that you carefully read the manuals first before asking for support.

Regards,

Rolf

Hi,

I was not aware there was already an update.  I will look at that, thanks.

Re the Taxi State, that seemed to work well on my second flight, so I must have done something in the wrong order the first time.

Re the Fuel Planner, I have clicked on Generate Loadsheet.  In fact, the values appear when I initialize in the MCDU, but the problem is when I try to apply the values, eg load passengers, cargo, fuel, nothing happens, all these options remain greyed out.  The only issue here is I can't load the correct fuel and weight.

I may be missing something though, so I will be sure to apply the update and read the manuals more closely.

Cheers,

• Deputy Sheriffs

You should do this before the engines are running and the doors are closed e.g. after applying the C&D or the TA state. Because if p. e. the doors are already closed the passengers cannot board and cargo loaded .........

Regards,

Rolf

Thanks Rolf.

I actually only ever used the Cold and Dark state previously, so I suppose I should stick to what I know :).

Cheers,

Archived