Add-on.xml

tlvid

Please could you let me know where the add-on.xml file should go and exactly what it should say.

I've only just realised that choosing to delete all generated files when having issues with the sim, will also delete any add-on.xml files that were placed when those add ons were installed, which is utterly absurd on the part of LM. Luckily my scenery config files were all backed up but I'm having major issues with aircraft and getting them to show up again.

Thanks.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi, the xml belongs into the install folder:

Aerosoft A318-319 Professional.

I can’t imagine that LM deletes these xml files. But what could be the case is, that LM deletes the add-on.cfg file, where the xml are registered, so that P3Dv4 could find them.

There are two cfg files. One contains the entries for xml addons that are installed into documents\p3dv4 addons and registered by P3Dv4 itself.

The other file contains the entries for xml that are stored somewhere else by the addon (like our bus) and has to be registered by the installer.

Yes apologies for not being clearer. What was deleted was every folder in Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons.

The xml in the Bus product folder in the sim directory are still there.

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 minutes ago, tlvid said:

Yes apologies for not being clearer. What was deleted was every folder in Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons.

The xml in the Bus product folder in the sim directory are still there.

Still can’t believe that that was deleted by LM.

You can register the Bus manually or reinstall it.

• Deputy Sheriffs

If that would be the case, there would be some entry in the LM forum.

I thing you did delete it accidentally by yourself. Have you checked the recycle bin?

I've checked the recycle bin and there's nothing there that matches what I've lost. I'll report into the P3D forum as 'Delete All Generated Files' definitely deleted all folders in the Documents/P3D add ons folder, as well as the cfg in AppData/roaming.

As a side note Mathijs, yes or no answer is fine so not to derail the topic. Is it intentional for updating the Bus to remove all liveries added after installation? The texture folders are still there but the aircraft.cfg has removed them.

• Deputy Sheriffs
11 minutes ago, tlvid said:

I've checked the recycle bin and there's nothing there that matches what I've lost. I'll report into the P3D forum as 'Delete All Generated Files' definitely deleted all folders in the Documents/P3D add ons folder, as well as the cfg in AppData/roaming.

As a side note Mathijs, yes or no answer is fine so not to derail the topic. Is it intentional for updating the Bus to remove all liveries added after installation? The texture folders are still there but the aircraft.cfg has removed them.

Yes. If the default aircraft.cfg was updated it will be replaced the new one. So any additions by user are lost. You should a make a backup prior updates, and then readd the entries of your own textures.

Archived