Some CL bugs report

Hi Hanse,

I've noticed some bugs on CL behaviour.

1) In Cockpit preparation CL the second call is "waether radar power supply". If it is already "On" the CL stops. No way to go forward nor skip. It must be "off" before the call.

2) The same happens when you reach the "weather radar gain" control call. If the knob is not on default position (Cal) you can't go forward. Setting on "Cal" after the CL Call has no effect.

3) The copilot (when is on) doesn't set the parking brake

(I'm running the latest update v 1.0.12 )

Thanks for your job!

Best regards 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry I think this behaviour is correct as you have to load the C&D or TURNAROUND ACFT STATE before you can use the CL and in those states the settings for 1. and 2. are correct. So why you changed this settings before starting the CL? This is not the correct procedure........  Regarding 3. I changed this because I adjusted it to all the other Parking Brakes CL items - where the brakes never have been set by the Copilot.....

Regards,

Rolf 

Well, sometimes in cockpit preparation it's useful setting some switch without waiting for the call. For example I set the nav lights, cabin signs, fuel pumps and many others before the CL calls. But this doesn't prevent the CL from proceeding, how is just that it is.

Why then if I turn on weather radar or setting the gain as I prefer before the CL call it will abort the whole procedure?

• Deputy Sheriffs

I see no reason why it is "sometimes usefull" to make certain settings before the respective call. For me this is "playing around" and has nothing to do with RL procedures which we wanted to implement . Also this means -  when the checklist is already running - you are distracted from what you normally should do e. g. check if the settings are right. And regarding the differences: In RL certain settings are already made just after the crew had entered the plane and those are p. e. settings for the EXT LIGHTS, establish power etc. Please have a look into the tutorial. For those items the checklists accepts the already made settings ......  

Regards,

Rolf

Ok, I respect your opinion. Anyway, I don't think that if a captain, during the checklist, finds the weather gain knob in wrong position then it stops the checklist. I think he will set the right position and then go forward. That's the aim of a checklist.  Could be usefull to have an option to force the block. 

Thanks again for your attention, I don't want steal time to your job.

Best regards

K.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I just checked one thing e. g. which settings you have to make p. e. for Weather Radar, ATC and TECAS during the Cockpit Preparation CL. All switches are in the right position (after loading the C&D ACFT STATE) e. g. you do not have to make any settings for those items during the CL. So I do not understand why you anyway made settings on those items? Set it when the CL stops to the right position and the CL will commence........  It is not the problem that you previously made any settings but the problem is that you made the wrong settings......! And in the CL we cannot cover all mistakes made by users because there are too many possibilites which we then would have to check ......

Regards,

Rolf

Turning on the weather radar is not a wrong setting. What I don't understand is why I can do almost evertything befefore respective call (then the pilot will say "check")  but there are a couple of actions that have to be done at that right moment otherwise the CL will abort.

If you are right, if I turn batteries on before the call then the checklist should abort, but in that case is not so: the pilot check that batteries are on and say "check". Tha same should happen, imho, with weather radar power supply.

Thanks again for paying attention to my point of view ;-)

Regards

K.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Turning the Weather Radar on during Cockpit Preparation is a wrong setting! This can harm the people working around the plane like baggage handlers, pushback crew etc.because of radiation The settings we implemented are based on the input of RL pilots and also severly tested by them. Regarding batteries e. g. electric power I told you before that those settings in RL are made when the crew enters the plane the first time and therefore the previously made settings are accepted. But for me now this discussion is finished...... use the Checklist as required and do not try to invent something new!

Regards,

Rolf

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, klisura said:

Turning on the weather radar is not a wrong setting.

Your pilot license would be taken from you very fast if you do that.

As Rolf written you, these procedures have been made with the help of two pilots. They are as done them thousands of time in the real cockpit and though there are differences per airline, they are all verys close to how we do it. If you prefer your own procedure that is fine, no problem of course, but you simply can't expect our checklist system to facilitate something that is strictly forbidden.

Archived